The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:43:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Happenings
| | |-+  April 5th: Monthly Cuppa Chaud breakfast
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: April 5th: Monthly Cuppa Chaud breakfast  (Read 6190 times)
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« on: December 10, 2008, 21:20:13 pm »

Immer Grade Aus invites you for a free cup of coffee or hot Cocao on the first sunday of each month. We gather at a (partly covered) parking lot just in front of a Bakery in Gentbrugge next to Ghent. We'll be serving drinks from 8 in the morning up to around 10. Please, even when the weather's bad, bring a nice car!

Ciao,
Tim
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 07:44:30 am by Dr. Jeckill » Logged

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 11:49:45 am »

An update on the location maybe?

It is all happening at the end of the Leo Tertzweillaan in Gentbrugge, the old ARBED site. If you take exit Gentbrugge on the E17 coming from Antwerp, go straight ahead, coming from the other direction however take a left and at the traffic light to the right. You pass the park&ride where DVF used to start the XTT-runs. Take the third street to the left, along the railway tracks and immer grade aus you'll drive straight onto the lot.

CU there !!

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:58:27 am »

Januari 4th: 1st monthly Cuppa Chaud breakfast

It was fun Smiley It was cool  Cool Make the latter cold  Roll Eyes

We had a massive turn out of three aircooled cars: a looker, a tow car/deluxe bay and a heap of crap. Be we had our coffee and plenty of breakfast. Rosmalen was a bit of a turn down, as overall quality of the cars was kind of Dutch  Grin but still we looked around for the remainder of the day.

Next time I was hoping for maybe 5 cars  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:00:54 am by Dr. Jeckill » Logged

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 20:33:56 pm »

As the first edition was such an enormous succes  Roll Eyes, I decided to give it another try! The target is 5 cars, make my day and arrive early  Smiley

Wünderwaffe are Go!
nicolas

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:54:50 pm »

damn,

i hope you will have a better turnup this time. otherwise, load the 'chocomelk' and 'koekskes' in one off the busses and bring them to Mol the week after. i guarantee a better turnout for sure.  Wink Grin
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 19:14:24 pm »

A little upper for this classic in the making  Wink

See you all on sunday on the Old Continent.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
nicolas

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 21:42:57 pm »

so? any cookies left or did a million people turn up. i hope the later for you guys.  Wink
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 20:37:25 pm »

Februari 1st: second Cuppa Chaud breakfast

We have our own private bakery, so have a infinite supply of Koeken  Smiley

The turnout was impressive, as the picture below will show. But the (old) guy in the crappy bus was new, someone we never met before. So a small victory nonetheless.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 20:50:18 pm by Dr. Jeckill » Logged

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 20:49:05 pm »

After the Cuppa Chaud, the sunday was still young and we decided on going to the Dutch coast.

We took of by 11 and drove all the way to Vere, a very nice Dutch town in Zeeland, bordering the Veerse Meer. We took the scenic route, crossing the canal with the ferry, driving through the new sea docks in Ghent all the way to Holland to dive under the Westerschelde in a 6.6 km long tunnel (paid of course).

Once in Vere, we were met by even colder weather than in Ghent, we even had to survive a small snowstorm. By then the battery of my Kodak was frozen, so no pictures of Messies drowning in mud kids, nor pictures of them freezing all the way back to the car. Kids  Roll Eyes Grin

We had pancakes to finish the day. How cozy, how not car-cool  Tongue

Wünderwaffe are Go!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 21:05:13 pm »

bugtour recognition  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes............................................. Grin Grin Grin

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 08:11:54 am »

And it's a go. This time we aim for the full 5 cars (feels like I'm reapeating myself here  Angry)

Probably we'll again make a nice trip after that, which you are welcome to join as well, if you behave.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
nicolas

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 18:37:49 pm »

if you behave.

damn i wanted to come, but that excludes me...  Grin

i'll see what i can do. no promises though.
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 08:07:30 am »

Who's game tomorrow  Grin

Wünderwaffe are Go!
wolfswest

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 20:59:43 pm »

car isn't ready, next month I hope I can make it!

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 20:50:33 pm »

March 1st: Monthly Cuppa Chaud breakfast

The succes! The amount of visitors doubled, amost tripled to last time. it is killing me  Grin No, serious, 4 bugs: an ultima on baby Fuchs and F560's, a 67 grey convertible, a 67 white looker and a 67 golden streetbound racecar. Then we had the Deluxe Bay of Gay (ehh Gas I mean  Grin) and my (t)rusty T3 ambulance aka Coffee Machine. We even coralled a Porsche Boxter (to be honest he was already parked when we arrived, but pray don't tell). Just before ending the last coffees Kevin arrived in his wifes nice Golf Cabrio.

So the record stands at 7 cars (8 if I count the Porsche). Will we do better next month?

I'll ask Messie to show and tell on the rest of the day, as we had more fun in Holland later on.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 21:06:33 pm by Dr. Jeckill » Logged

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 07:52:54 am »

The date is set again, April 5th. The Messiah will not be there, he's getting ready for his ressurection somewhere in France, so I hope I can lure some other lookers to fill the gap. Maybe a fasty would be nice.

No idea on the aftermath of the Cuppa Chaud yet, maybe a pelgrimage towards the tilted plane of Ronquires for some shots to add to the DAS thread? Or will we again visit Holland?

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 07:14:20 am »

Tomorrow  Cool

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Wünderwolff

aka Dr. Jeckill

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 09:56:28 am »

April 5th: Monthly Cuppa Chaud breakfast

This was really an all time low for the CC. Only 2 (two) cars. None of the visitors drank coffee  Angry

Well, all my own fault, maybe I should send invites earlier than the day before  Grin Thanks Donder and Jelle to show.

Wünderwaffe are Go!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: