The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:24:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350804 Posts in 28595 Topics by 6825 Members
Latest Member: vertvolks
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  sun tach transmitter - 6 volt 4 cylinder for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: sun tach transmitter - 6 volt 4 cylinder for sale  (Read 4121 times)
simon uk

« on: December 05, 2006, 12:55:28 pm »

As confirmed above, I have a sun tach transmitter for sale. It is obvously old (late 60's?), but externally in good condition. I havent tested it, so cant guarantee its working performance.

It doesnt come with the gauge, but you can get them easily from a well known auction site. Also, I know that Sun started making 1 piece integrated tachs at some point, which didnt require the transmitter, you could even mount this in your engine bay for a trick gasser look and run a later sun tach, just so it looks cool!

£35 including shipping anywhere.

I think I have some old pics somewhere taken by my mobile phone. PM with your email address if you want a pic.

Stop Press! comes with uber cool NOS 60's Sun decal that I just picked up on ebay!

Thanks for looking, Si.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 13:07:21 pm by simon uk » Logged
Turtle001

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 13:51:16 pm »

hey simon -- i'm looking for those 6volt sun tachs -- but i can't found a 6v gauge!!!!

swedish '59er in a winter sleep
http://turtle.skynetblogs.be
simon uk

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 14:03:44 pm »

I think the theory is that all the actual gauges are the same, but you use the transmitter for your application. I think there are a couple of gauges on ebay.com now that work that way. They must receive a signal from the transmitter, which gets it going, regardless of voltages and amount of cylinders.

Si.
Thomas 356

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 21:39:46 pm »

Hi Simon

do you still have the Sun tack

Best Regards

Thomas 356

Thomas 356
Menber Of  Boulevard Cruiser´s
Driver of the Nasty Gray (Back In Fridolin style)
www.thenastygray.blogspot.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: