The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:29:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Lynn Rosevear and the Auto Haus Stores
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Lynn Rosevear and the Auto Haus Stores  (Read 72728 times)
volksnut

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2008, 02:45:13 am »

who's car was this, my inspiration early on
dave greiner

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2008, 04:49:01 am »

I came into the shop a little late one day, (Auto Haus-Orange), and couldn't find my employee. It turns out that he had emptied out a display case, and with the help of some coco mats for a pillow, was taking a "nap"

Dave Greiner
dave greiner

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2008, 04:58:21 am »

Dealing with customers was always "interesting". We still bring up the time that a customer wanted to order a "3/4 inch" cam for his bug.

Then there was the guy who installed a new clutch, but the engine would stall when he pushed in the pedal. It turns out that he had put the T/O bearing on BACKWARDS!

I also want to apologize to Mr. Lazenby for smoking him out of the Buena Park store with my "Christmas" cigars. These days he would have me thrown in jail!

Dave Greiner
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2008, 05:01:24 am »

I came into the shop a little late one day, (Auto Haus-Orange), and couldn't find my employee. It turns out that he had emptied out a display case, and with the help of some coco mats for a pillow, was taking a "nap"

Dave Greiner
I know that dude... what about the time you found my silver "show car" on display in your store.

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2008, 05:45:36 am »

Dave Greiner
I know that dude... what about the time you found my silver "show car" on display in your store.
                                                          Wasn't that Glenn?

I also park at Nick's.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2008, 06:15:17 am »

What's left of my Auto Haus sign.

I've had it a long time... too bad somebody cut it up.

~DR.
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2008, 07:56:56 am »

Wanna sell it? Cool

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2008, 08:13:10 am »

Wanna sell it? Cool

Um...Roll Eyes  no.

~DR.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2008, 09:57:13 am »

very cool sign dave  Shocked Shocked

fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2008, 10:16:24 am »

who's car was this, my inspiration early on

barbs folts 
check this link i've post several time  Wink http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,1539.0.html

fabs

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2008, 10:22:54 am »

Wink

volksnut

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2008, 17:28:39 pm »

THANKS!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2008, 18:53:47 pm »

COOL, DAVE! Thanks for posting that sign. Diggin' on all of the old Auto Haus stories and images. Keep 'em flowin'!

Here's one of the many ads that I have. This one's from 1983.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
dyno don
DKK

DGVA DZK (old school 70's)

« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2008, 19:23:32 pm »

nice work dave...!!     
dave greiner

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2008, 20:30:33 pm »

Dave Greiner
We had room in the store (Auto Haus Orange) For a display car. Usually a very nice bug or buggy. I came in one morning and to my "amazement" ther on display was Bill's Very Ratty VW Bug. Customers didn't know what to think. Didn't Mark Bruto put a sign on it saying that it was Adolph Hitlers personal car? And people believed it!
dave greiner

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2008, 20:46:07 pm »

Another 80's story.
  Freddie Desoto, another trusted employee, owned a Karmann Ghia with an 1835, 130 cam and stock heads. He had lined up a street race for the next weekend. They begged me to borrow my Ascot  dirt track motor for a day. It was a 2200cc with
 12-1 compression, a big cam, 48 ida's, Drino Miller rods, welded heads and was running on methanol. It was a definate step up. If Freddy could only drive it would have had a great ending to the story. LOL

Then there was the time Mark Bruto came in with a Triumph motorcycle that he had just purchased. Freddy begged to take it for a ride. Freddy was a very good rider and a semi professional skateboarder. Very trustworthy. About 1 1-2 hours later we get a call from the Emergency room at Chapman hospital. The story that we pieced together was that on the Chapman /55 frwy old cloverleaf the front end of the bike washed out, putting Freddy over the guard rail and into the bushes. Very lucky that he survived and was out in only a day. We went to the crash site and found his flip flops that he had been wearing. When you are young you are Invincible!
(or so you think)
Sarge

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2008, 21:46:01 pm »

...."VERY trustworthy....motorcycle.....flip-flops...." Roll Eyes Grin  good story, Dave!

DKP III
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2008, 22:09:52 pm »

more report of the car who was on the auto haus advert

Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2008, 22:48:16 pm »

How about the "Loss of consortium" brought about by your bus Dave?

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
johnl

« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2008, 16:31:00 pm »

I had many Mammoth and Glamis trips back in the 70's and 80's with Walt Johnson, and he was pretty much alive!  I have not talked to him in a long while now, but to the best of my knowledge, he's still alive and kicking.

I did bump into another Auto-haus alum at the last VW Classic.  Mark Sutter. Mark was also in DVB.

I do have plans to get another VW, but it will be a year or two away still.

John...what do I always tell you.  Gray hair is better than NO hair!

Ed,

Who was the guy that worked at the warehouse and the buggy rolled over on and killed him?  Wasn't that Walt something??

Gray hair, Ed for years you have told me it is "blond" and I'm so blind that I believed you!!!!  Guys, I'm not really bald, my part is just wider than the average.   Cheesy Cheesy

John

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2008, 16:46:06 pm »

...I had the reputation with our employees and being somewhat hard nosed and demanding, but I’ve had several state years later that they now appreciate my rules and regulations as it helped them in there future business ventures.  It is good to hear that you were appreciated even maybe not the most popular guy at the time...

You weren't so hard nosed and demanding.  You just had this annoying idea that we were supposed to work and actually sell product instead of working on our own cars, playing "Pikul" or staring at Gayle thru binoculars across the street at Big-O tire.  Whew, what a girl!

Great post John!  Some great memories of working there.  Wish I hadn't had such a chip [OK, the whole tree] on my shoulder back then so I could have appreciated you more.

Never met such an anal guy, but to this day, his stuff is VERY clean.  You taught me a lot about anal, buddy.

Thanks.

Doug Mische

Doug,

Yep, I guess selling parts and making a living was a bit much to ask.  As for the "chip on the shoulder", it wasn't the entire tree, but more like half of the forrest !!  You were the most unhappy person I think I've ever encounted, but then something changed and now you look at life much more positive.

Thanks for the comment about teaching you, but I think you must have me mixed up with someone else regarding the "anal" issue.  Possibly you are thinking of one of the "Plaster Brothers" who lived in the garage (now get this) "behind" the Costa Mesa store!!!

If I didn't say it before I'll state it now.  The book signing at your home was great, but I don't like the fact that your garage is cleaner and more organized than mine.  If your not busy how about coming over and cleaning mine up??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

John

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2008, 17:14:10 pm »

me another butternut on american racing  Cool Cool Cool

Find me another set of the wheels that are afforadable and it would be a great inspiration to move forward with the project !!!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

John

what is that for you afforadable Huh Otherwise there is very beautiful reproduction from jge  http://www.javaglobalenterprises.com/torker.htm like the one i will put on my car

With the way the economy is today I'd say that anything over 20 bucks per wheel wouldn't be afforadable!!  Just kidding and I've actually checked into the repros and have held one in my hands.  Very, very nice and it is probably what I'd end up with, but I'd still like to dream about having the "real deal".

Over the years I've tried to set my goals HI and have been able to obtain some of them with the cars we've collected.  Along with that comes the responsibility of preserving what one has obtained and never taking for granted what you have.

John

johnl

« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2008, 17:22:45 pm »

Dealing with customers was always "interesting". We still bring up the time that a customer wanted to order a "3/4 inch" cam for his bug.

Then there was the guy who installed a new clutch, but the engine would stall when he pushed in the pedal. It turns out that he had put the T/O bearing on BACKWARDS!

I also want to apologize to Mr. Lazenby for smoking him out of the Buena Park store with my "Christmas" cigars. These days he would have me thrown in jail!

Dave Greiner

Dave !!

It is GREAT to hear from you.  I think the last time we saw each other was at the DKP I first reunion.  Where has the time gone??

I'd forgotton about the cigars, but do remember my coffee cup that Christie had given me for Christmas and you Super Glued it to the top of the glass water bottle in the Costa Mesa store.  At the time I know I went balastic, but years later I laugh about it.

Also remember when you and Julie, Bruce and Sue and Christie and I use to go to Steak n' Stein.  I think I stated this in an earlier reply, but it was Mr. Greiner that blessed Lynn Rosever with the title of "The Weasel" because he was always snealking around.  Dave also coined the phrase that the employees were paid in "Weasle Bucks".   Wink Wink

John

dougmische

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2008, 17:59:01 pm »

Doug,

Yep, I guess selling parts and making a living was a bit much to ask.  As for the "chip on the shoulder", it wasn't the entire tree, but more like half of the forrest !!  You were the most unhappy person I think I've ever encounted, but then something changed and now you look at life much more positive.

Thanks for the comment about teaching you, but I think you must have me mixed up with someone else regarding the "anal" issue.  Possibly you are thinking of one of the "Plaster Brothers" who lived in the garage (now get this) "behind" the Costa Mesa store!!!

If I didn't say it before I'll state it now.  The book signing at your home was great, but I don't like the fact that your garage is cleaner and more organized than mine.  If your not busy how about coming over and cleaning mine up??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

John

[/quote]

Very glad you had a good time at the signing party, John.  My garage is a mess, but it's amazing how a little carpet makes it look better...
dougmische

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2008, 18:01:13 pm »

Dave !!

... I think I stated this in an earlier reply, but it was Mr. Greiner that blessed Lynn Rosever with the title of "The Weasel" because he was always snealking around.  Dave also coined the phrase that the employees were paid in "Weasle Bucks".   Wink Wink

John

[/quote]

I REMEMBER WEASEL BUCKS!!!!  LOL
dave greiner

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2008, 19:54:29 pm »

How about the "Loss of consortium" brought about by your bus Dave?
Thanks Bill, that would be another Freddy story!  While picking up parts in my 1979 cal-look bus (now in Belgium),
Freddy rear ended a lady in a Mercedes. (honest, I wasn't tailgating, Dave!) Among the damages claimed was "loss of consortium"
which means her sex life was affected. I think that we did her husband a favor!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2008, 20:10:13 pm »

dave here's the proformance bus last year at the super vw nats in france , but the bus still live  in belgium   Wink

fabs

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2008, 20:12:52 pm »

i love this bus  Wink
those cool stickers are still on the bus  Cool

and maybe the license palte is the same when you sold the bus Huh

dave greiner

« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2008, 20:25:09 pm »

Yes, it looks pretty much the same as when I had it. Maybe a little cleaner. (I had to say it before one of my friends jumped in)
Bill S. could probably tell you how much "air" it used to get on deliverys.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2008, 20:38:41 pm »

the only thing i remember on the inside is the ugliest brown headliner  Grin Grin Grin did you kill a bear Huh............................. Grin Grin Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: