The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 00:51:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Sunny So. Cal??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Sunny So. Cal??  (Read 9893 times)
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« on: December 15, 2008, 17:24:25 pm »

This is what greeted me on my way to work this morning Shocked

Of course, So. Cal. drivers really excell in this kind of weather Wink

~DR.
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 17:31:11 pm »

You should move to Florida.  Tongue

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 18:55:04 pm »

Wish I had a Baja to drive to work.   Undecided 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 19:28:03 pm »

Wish I had a Baja to drive to work.   Undecided 

Well...   um...   actually, I drive a TDI Jetta to work...  (don't tell anybody Wink)
...160 mile round trip commute daily...

~DR.
javabug

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 19:48:05 pm »

No shame in that!  I was searching for a 97-98 about a year ago, and the prices were out of hand. 

Mike H.

Sven was right.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 23:25:12 pm »

The KGB sent Dave to live in Siberia a few years back.

I also park at Nick's.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 13:34:58 pm »

It's been in the 50's in Ohio the last few days !
 Grin
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 01:18:34 am »

Dang, Dave... that's nuts. That first storm WAS rather cold. Especially for So Cal standards. But then again... we freak out if the temperatures ever dip below 60º and rise above 80º. Yes, we're spoiled.

I had no idea that your elevation level was so high. That storm wasn't supposed to yield any snow unless the terrain was at 2,500ft. or higher.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 01:22:44 am »

~DR.

I showed that pic to a friend of mine who is an ex-Californian. He remarked that it looks like Hell had finally froze over.  Tongue

--louis

Louis Brooks

stealth67vw

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 02:01:52 am »

Here in southern Oregon it's 22 degrees as of 4:30 PM today.  Shocked  Supposed to be 16 degrees by 7AM and snow tomorrow night.

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Rennsurfer

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 02:22:09 am »

I showed that pic to a friend of mine who is an ex-Californian. He remarked that it looks like Hell had finally froze over.  Tongue

--louis

HAHAHA!!! That's funny, Louis. It's been cold, but I'm still the only one wearing shorts at work. And I work outdoors, mostly.

~Sarge
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 02:59:15 am »

Here in southern Oregon it's 22 degrees as of 4:30 PM today.  Shocked  Supposed to be 16 degrees by 7AM and snow tomorrow night.

We are supposed to hit 80 tomorrow.  Grin

--louis

Louis Brooks

Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 05:44:09 am »

Dang, Dave... that's nuts. That first storm WAS rather cold. Especially for So Cal standards. But then again... we freak out if the temperatures ever dip below 60º and rise above 80º. Yes, we're spoiled.

I had no idea that your elevation level was so high. That storm wasn't supposed to yield any snow unless the terrain was at 2,500ft. or higher.

That pic was taken at 6:00am, it snowed for six hours straight! Pretty wild considering I'm only 75 miles from the big Orange County. We're about 3500 ft elevation so we get a little snow a few times a year. The only problem is dealing with the $#@%&* idiots on the interstate... six accidents in ten miles! sheesh!

~DR.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 06:04:18 am »

That pic was taken at 6:00am, it snowed for six hours straight! Pretty wild considering I'm only 75 miles from the big Orange County. We're about 3500 ft elevation so we get a little snow a few times a year. The only problem is dealing with the $#@%&* idiots on the interstate... six accidents in ten miles! sheesh!

~DR.

YIKES! That's a lotta accidents in a very short stretch of road(s). Not good. I just dropped off my sons at two different locations and almost got hit by two complete idiots. People just don't pay attention when they drive. They're too busy doing other things in their cars.

Angry

Be safe out there in that snow, Davey.

~Sarge

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 23:33:10 pm »

~DR.

--louis
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 00:14:53 am »

It was snowing pretty good here the past 2 days. The night before last some idiot in a minivan tried to run me and my GTV right off the damn road. So I'm driving my truck now Undecided

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 13:24:07 pm »

Yeah, global warming is a bitch...  Roll Eyes
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 15:09:56 pm »

--louis

HAHAHA!!! That's funny, Louis. It's been cold, but I'm still the only one wearing shorts at work. And I work outdoors, mostly.

Ha Ha Mark, me too and I was at target last night with my wife and I told her * hey, I'm the only one wearing shorts in this whole store" My sister called me yesterday on her way home from work in Vegas and she was driving in 6 inches of snow and freaking out.

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 15:12:34 pm »

It was snowing pretty good here the past 2 days. The night before last some idiot in a minivan tried to run me and my GTV right off the damn road. So I'm driving my truck now Undecided

Yep, the snow pretty much cut off all access to the high desert yesterday... I only have a few routs to choose from and they were all closed due to snow... My son lives near work so I was able to spend the night there... I hope to make it home today.

~DR.
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 16:48:45 pm »

My Wife just sent me these photos of our home... I'm sure it's no biggie to some of you snow people out there, but it's pretty wild for us Shocked

~DR.
John Rayburn

Der Kleiner Panzers

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 17:11:04 pm »

Dave, that's where you end up when you fall out of favor with the KGB.

I also park at Nick's.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 17:13:37 pm »

The hills just up the road from our warehouse here in Canoga Park are covered in snow. A few months ago they were a wall of flames. Never a dull moment in The Valley. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 17:20:26 pm by Jim Ratto » Logged
javabug

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 17:41:41 pm »

That stuff should be gone by sundown, right?   Wink  Maybe?

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 01:36:09 am »

Ha Ha Mark, me too and I was at target last night with my wife and I told her * hey, I'm the only one wearing shorts in this whole store" My sister called me yesterday on her way home from work in Vegas and she was driving in 6 inches of snow and freaking out.

Yeah, I heard that Lost Wages (L.V.) got some snow... the third time in 40 years. People, there, ARE freaking out.

This morning was C-C-COLD! Had to wear a pair of Mechanix™ gloves (I keep 'em in the cars during the winter months) to drive to work. Like you, I was the only one wearin' shorts at work. A few of the office girls couldn't believe I was in shorts when I went in to make my morning tea. Before I was in my forties, my hands never got cold. Welcome to getting old. HAHA!!

Dave... I can't believe the amount of snow in your pics! AMAZING. I never knew that part of So Cal ever saw any of that frozen white crap. That's very close to where I bought my blue '67, too. It was very hot when I bought in March. Thanks for sharing the pics, too.

~Sarge
ESH

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 10:06:21 am »

Sorry to see it's so cold over there.  Tongue

Grin
LuftsickTero

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 13:27:44 pm »

from the Finnish news:

(apparently there is no equipment in Vegas to plow or salt the snow away)

| Cal&Resto | Publishing own mediocre Cal Look photos since 1995 in interwebs.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 15:37:56 pm »

I was invited to an art and music show, last night, in Costa Mesa. Which is very close to the ocean... where it normally doesn't get all that cold. Half of the event was held outdoors, and it was COLD. I'm pretty sure I was the only knucklehead in shorts. Towards the end of the evening 'round midnight, I looked up and noticed that the sky was crystal clear and we could see many stars. And this is So Cal! HAHA!! I knew it would be cold in the morning with no cloud cover for insulation.

I'm warming up my car right now, for work, because the front lawns... rooftops... and cars all are covered with ice. And I'm just about sea level.

Brrr.

Time to don the driving gloves and make the trek down to the harbor. Stay warm, So Cal!

~Sarge
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 19:05:10 pm »

Well, we went from snow to ice last night... it was a little chilly (28 degrees). It took me and the old John Deere about three hours to clear the driveway yesterday to what you see.

Seven miles of ice from my home to the interstate at 3:30 am this morning...

I'm over it... snow is fun for a day or two Wink

~DR.
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 19:28:51 pm »

from the Finnish news:

(apparently there is no equipment in Vegas to plow or salt the snow away)

Geez, thats mental, 12 months ago i was there, it was cold at night but thats it.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Rennsurfer

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 21:19:16 pm »

I'm over it... snow is fun for a day or two Wink

Amen to THAT, brother! Sorry that you had deal with the frozen white crap.

Rant mode status: ON.

I hate it and think it fully sucks. Oh, it's nice to visit it for maybe ½ of a day... but not too much longer. I had to live in Colorado for three months when I was 9½ yrs. young. The first time I had to go in the front yard and shovel the sidewalks and driveway, I thought it was kinda fun. From the next snowstorms forward, I couldn't wait to leave that God foresaken terrain and get back to what I knew best; the beaches of So Cal. Worst three months of my childhood. But came back home, learned how to skateboard and surf. Been doing both ever since.

My hat goes off to the people that brave/deal/live in the frozen white crap. It's an acquired taste. Something of which I'll never have.

Rant mode status: off.

Grin

I just put a new Magnaflow cat. converter on my '82 Bimmer, painted the exhaust, and detailed the car. The sunroof is open and I'm off for a drive and to the skateparks. Thank God for sun.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 03:32:31 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: