The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 20:52:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Happenings
| |-+  Scandinavian Cal-look Classic (the event)
| | |-+  Where to spend the night at SCC 2009?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to spend the night at SCC 2009?  (Read 11351 times)
JS

« on: April 06, 2009, 23:20:34 pm »

If you don´t fancy sleeping in a tent or caravan at SCC this year we´ve made a good deal with a nearby hotel.

The Quality Airport Gardermoen Hotel is located close to the event site, the standard is high and food is excellent.
Prices for the weekend are as follows:
Single room 695NOK/€80/£70 per night
Double room 895NOK/€100/£90 per night
It´s possible to put in an extra bed in the double room for 210NOK/€24/£20

Price includes a very nice breakfast buffet.

Homepage: http://www.choicehotels.no/hotels/hotel?language=en&language=no&hotel=no014
For booking please call +47 63 92 61 00.

Any questions, please PM me.

Signature.
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:29:32 am »

and parking :-D

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:20:35 pm »

And free massage... Tongue

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:37:56 pm »

And free massage... Tongue

See now you are just dreaming....  Roll Eyes

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 08:54:49 am »

plus there is a normally a free taxi ride to the track Smiley

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Anders-DK

Less is more

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:05:44 am »

Hi Guys

How many have booked a room at the Hotel?

Best Regards
Anders
The Priest Racing
PR-Chief Team Angora Racing
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 12:12:25 pm »

Hmmm worth thinking about  Smiley

Oh by the way was that an offer Mr Fastbrit  Huh Kiss Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Anders-DK

Less is more

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:38 pm »

One room for 3 is booked  Grin

Best Regards
Anders
The Priest Racing
PR-Chief Team Angora Racing
wolfswest

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 12:24:08 pm »

I booked a room from sunday evening till thuesday morning, just for some extra sightseeing or bug spotting.  Cheesy

I hope that the free taxi is still available or else where screwed.  Wink

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
german_oval

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 23:54:43 pm »

We ( the flatline lowriders ) have also booked a room for 4 until monday.
wolfswest

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 07:48:50 am »

We ( the flatline lowriders ) have also booked a room for 4 until monday.

ah nico that's great.  Did you guys also choose this one: The Quality Airport Gardermoen Hotel ?

Catch up with you there.

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 14:52:33 pm »

My business trip to Sweden got cancelled Sad, but I'm working to make the trip to Norway and SCC as a separate vacation .

If anyone out there in Lounge-land is looking for someone to share a hotel room/bill, send me an email or a PM.

At this point, I'm looking at an arrival in Oslo on Monday Aug 10th, and departing on Monday Aug 17th. I'm hoping to either do some sightseeing around Oslo prior to SCC, or (better yet), catch up with one of the VW crews that's doing the "tour" of Norway before the big event.

Thanks!
--Eric

RMS Boxer Service

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 22:46:38 pm »

I have booked a room at Gardermoen Airport Hotel (formerly named Gardermoen gestgivergård) and they have single rooms for 645 NOK and double rooms for 805 NOK incl breakfast.  Just a tad longer to drive from the raceway, but it's only a few minutes.

www.gardermoen-airporthotel.no

/Rolf
JS

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 10:47:49 am »

I have spent some nights at Gardermoen Airport Hotel the last year, a nice hotel with good service that´s located on the other side of the airport.

Please keep in mind that the SCC taxi shuttle will only transport people to and from the Quality Airport Gardermoen Hotel.

Signature.
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 00:08:05 am »

Looks like I'll be "roughing it", and staying in a tent on the SCC grounds over the weekend - can't get any close to the action than that!

I've got a spot reserved in one of the Finnish tents (will it have a sauna?? Wink), and wondered if someone might have a spare sleeping bag and pillow that I could borrow until Monday AM. If so, it'd be greatly appreciated, and would also save me from having to pack/transport one all the way from Texas and back & forth across Norway while sightseeing before SCC.

Thanks!
--Eric

richie

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 10:54:01 am »

Looks like I'll be "roughing it", and staying in a tent on the SCC grounds over the weekend - can't get any close to the action than that!

I've got a spot reserved in one of the Finnish tents (will it have a sauna?? Wink), and wondered if someone might have a spare sleeping bag and pillow that I could borrow until Monday AM. If so, it'd be greatly appreciated, and would also save me from having to pack/transport one all the way from Texas and back & forth across Norway while sightseeing before SCC.

Thanks!
--Eric

Eric,I will bring an extra sleeping bag,pillow etc in case for you Smiley

cheers richie,uk

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 05:47:20 am »

cheers richie,uk

Thanks, Richie! Can I borrow some of your stocking footed pajamas as well? Grin

Leaving TX tomorrow night - less than 24 hours now! See you all soon...

--Eric

valtteri

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 07:37:41 am »

cheers richie,uk

Thanks, Richie! Can I borrow some of your stocking footed pajamas as well? Grin

Leaving TX tomorrow night - less than 24 hours now! See you all soon...

--Eric

Hey Eric, we will be smuggling enough booze in that it really doesn't matter if you have a sleeping bag or not! At a certain point even the concrete feels comfy enough, eh?  Grin
Mark Cross

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 18:35:38 pm »

I have spent some nights at Gardermoen Airport Hotel the last year, a nice hotel with good service that´s located on the other side of the airport.

Please keep in mind that the SCC taxi shuttle will only transport people to and from the Quality Airport Gardermoen Hotel.

I've got a couple of mates from England coming over, we're staying in Oslo. I know it says, only the quality hotel, but if that is the other side of the airport, do you go past the terminal? It would mean we could get a train back each night, rather than a taxi ( nok 1000 ouch)

Rabben

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 21:51:02 pm »

I've got a couple of mates from England coming over, we're staying in Oslo. I know it says, only the quality hotel, but if that is the other side of the airport, do you go past the terminal? It would mean we could get a train back each night, rather than a taxi ( nok 1000 ouch)

It's no problem to pick you up at the terminal, as long as you don't get there very early in the morning Smiley It would be nice if you gave me a time you plan to arrive by train as it will make it a bit more easy for me to plan my daily morning pickups.

Rabben

T1 1967 Cal-look project
Mark Cross

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 06:03:19 am »

It's no problem to pick you up at the terminal, as long as you don't get there very early in the morning Smiley It would be nice if you gave me a time you plan to arrive by train as it will make it a bit more easy for me to plan my daily morning pickups.

Thanks Rabben. I was thinking more of trying to back to Oslo at the end of the day.

Rabben

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 08:20:12 am »

Thanks Rabben. I was thinking more of trying to back to Oslo at the end of the day.

I will of course bring people back from the event to the airport and hotel, but the last ride will go at 10 in the evning and my car only takes 5 passengers. I will put my phone number, +47 92 65 10 74, on the shuttle so people can give me a call as I will take people earlier in the evning as long as there's someone who wants to leave the party Smiley

Rabben

T1 1967 Cal-look project
EspenX

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 09:30:25 am »

Staying in a Oslo hotel and getting back and forth to SCC every day seems like a hazzle. I would advise you to either rent a car or change your hotel reservations to a Gardermoen hotel. Would be easier to travel to Oslo during the day than late at night. Or better yet, save yourself a lot of money in hotels/taxis/trains by buying a cheap tent and some sleeping bags and enjoy the full SCC experience Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: