The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 23:47:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351104 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  shorter headstuds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: shorter headstuds  (Read 3641 times)
cassa

« on: December 29, 2008, 22:23:24 pm »

Hi!

Does anybody know where to get shorter than stock headstuds. I need +/-15mm shorter than stock.  8mm Good quality.  Does ARP or Raceware sell as needed from theire stock or only in sets?

regards C
cassa

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 13:24:14 pm »

Hi! Bump..
Does anybode have any tips?  Trying to avoid making custom studs... this is for a 2387 turbo efi on wasser case with 30mm comp height, big dish JE pistons...
hope sombody cam shime in!
JIMP

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 13:59:36 pm »

Try to contact Johannes at jpmotorsport.se he has done his mouse engine with shorter studs so probably he can help you out on this

Friendly

Dimitrios
Rick Sadler

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 14:55:05 pm »

The BUGPACK studs are threaded extra long on the head side of the stud that allows you to shorten them the 15 mm you need. Part # 4567-20 is  the race stud application that includes ARP nuts.

Der Kleiner Panzers
cassa

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 16:59:12 pm »

Thanks !
I have looked at the BP earlier.  how long is the threaded area both head and case side?
I might use them reversed, I have 30mm+ inserts in the case.

reg C
Rick Sadler

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 17:05:46 pm »

Thae case side is about 25mm and the head side is about 38mm

Der Kleiner Panzers
Udo

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 22:26:13 pm »

Rick
that's a good idea !!  Smiley Special in times when original studs are no longer avaliable .

udo

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 14:20:17 pm »

Rick
that's a good idea !!  Smiley Special in times when original studs are no longer avaliable .

udo

We can still get genuine 8mm head studs from germany!

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
cassa

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 21:59:54 pm »

The BUGPACK studs are threaded extra long on the head side of the stud that allows you to shorten them the 15 mm you need. Part # 4567-20 is  the race stud application that includes ARP nuts.

Help! :-)
 I bought the Bugpack studs. Looks like really nice bolts!
Only problem I have now is that I am building a oxyboxer with S/F heads and I need 8 long 4 medium and 4 short studs... Not like the sets are with 9 long 3 medium and 4 short.

Is there anybody out there that has a single 8mm medium Bugpack (200mm) stud Huh

will pay good price and shipping!!

Rick Sadler

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 05:44:50 am »

Help! :-)
 I bought the Bugpack studs. Looks like really nice bolts!
Only problem I have now is that I am building a oxyboxer with S/F heads and I need 8 long 4 medium and 4 short studs... Not like the sets are with 9 long 3 medium and 4 short.

Is there anybody out there that has a single 8mm medium Bugpack (200mm) stud Huh

will pay good price and shipping!!

Any of our dealers can buy a single stud. I don't know where you are located but even if you are outside the USA most of our dealers will ship.

Der Kleiner Panzers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: