The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:52:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Porsche headlight covers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Porsche headlight covers  (Read 8916 times)
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:29 am »

Interesting... I've always wondered what those rings would look like on early front fenders. They'd look better painted on that black car. Not a bad lookin' car, though.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
peach_

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 10:27:07 am »

They Make it look like there up-right wings, even 67'sh  Undecided..........not sure.

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
peach_

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 10:31:30 am »

This might sound really stupid, but can you just use a porsche lens and the vw "Guts" ?

That's not a stupid question, at all and actually rather valid. Yes, you CAN. My after I changed my H1 setup out for the H4 bulbs, that exactly what I did... used my original 1966 housings, painted VWheadlight rings, a  pair of smashed out Hella H4 headlights, a new set of bezel o-rings, and I was good to go. Now, I wish that I had that set of H1 headlights... they're worth a fortune, these days. Or so my Porsche friends tell me.

Cool cause thats what I think Im gonna do, You can just swap the VW lense for the Porsche one without "smashing" anything up right? just undo the bolts and refit to the orig Vw headlamps?

cheers

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
ESH

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 10:39:26 am »

... Could it be that this had something to do with it ...

You know, I think it could be. Fun times...

Smiley Cool
von-dart

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 21:04:56 pm »

Cool cause thats what I think Im gonna do, You can just swap the VW lense for the Porsche one without "smashing" anything up right? just undo the bolts and refit to the orig Vw headlamps?

cheers
[/quote]

hello,peach,
yes you can swap the lenses over without smashing anything providing the reflector part,the bit that the bulbs go into,doesn't have the 'beam pattern' glass fixed to it.
if your outer lenses have the pattern on them,like the porsche ones will,then you should be able to do a straight swap.just be careful taking everything apart,those spring clips are lethal!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 23:17:43 pm by von-dart » Logged
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 02:37:24 am »

But let's clarify something... what I was referring to only applies to cars with U.S. spec. headlights. If you have European headlights, all that you need to do is simply swap lenses and you're done. The smashed out H4 lens is for us poor slobs that weren't lucky enough to get Euro lights. Just wanted to set that straight.

Carry on.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Neil Davies

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 11:24:03 am »

But let's clarify something... what I was referring to only applies to cars with U.S. spec. headlights. If you have European headlights, all that you need to do is simply swap lenses and you're done. The smashed out H4 lens is for us poor slobs that weren't lucky enough to get Euro lights. Just wanted to set that straight.

Carry on.

I'm glad you said that Mark, I was going to post the same thing! Grin

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: