The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:01:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  PowderPuff Points & Payouts For The 2009 Series
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PowderPuff Points & Payouts For The 2009 Series  (Read 1477 times)
Susy

PowderPuff VW Racing Rocks

« on: January 22, 2009, 03:56:32 am »

Okay Ladies – The following is the Points structure and the Pay-Outs at each race & at the end of the Series.  With the help of Candy Larsen, we decided to make it pretty simple for the first year to see how it went and also to see how many ladies we get.  Plus with the economy the way it is right now, times are tough all over!

I would like to thank Greg Urrutia for the use of his points system!

Show up on Race Day, register and pass tech inspection, you earn car count (i.e. 17 cars, 17 points)*

Attending all events: 20 bonus points

Points Structure for 1-16 participants:       Points Structure for 17 or more
Event Win 100 points                                  Event Win 100 points
Runner-up 80 points                                    Runner-up 80 points
3rd round loser 60 points                           4th round loser 60 points
2nd round loser 40 points                           3rd round loser 40 points
1st round loser 20 points                            2nd round loser 20 points

Pairing structure will be decided by reaction time scored during practice runs. Lower reaction time gets lane choice. Lowest number gets the bye if and when applicable.

If you break before eliminations begin, please make every attempt to notify the race director at the driver’s meeting. If you are still working on your car, and think you will make it to eliminations, send someone to the driver’s meeting to relay information and pick a number for you.

We will not re-structure the ladder due to “no shows”. If your opponent is a no-show, you get a bye. In some cases in the interest of time, the track will insist you not make your bye run. The racer will not be penalized for racetrack decisions out of the racers control.

Trophies & Pay-Outs

Every Race – Winner will receive $50.00 and a Plaque & (possibly a gift certificate) & Event T-Shirt
Runner-Up will receive $25.00 and a Plaque & (possibly a gift certificate) & Event T-Shirt

End of Series – The ladies who have placed 1st through 5th will receive a plaque, and a cash prize & gift certificates/gifts.  The monetary amount & gift certificates/gifts will depend on how many sponsors I get throughout the series.

The lady that places 1st from both series will be receiving a very special jacket, that will be made/decorated by Carol Vincent.  She does beautiful work!

I also have stickers for our windows that I will give you.

Women’s T-Shirts are available in Black, Pink or White (small thru xx-large).  They are $10.00 a piece.  To order, please email or call me, and I will order them for you!  Or you can send me a shirt that you like, and I will get the logo put on for a small fee.  Remember if you want to send me a shirt, only Black, Pink & White please.

Attached is the PowderPuff Logo that is on the front and the back of the shirts!

I am looking forward to seeing all the ladies out at the track, and having a great time like always.

If you have any questions/comments – you can call or email me at:
susyanmike@sbcglobal.net
(714) 349-0575

Susy Herbert

MSH Racing
1970 Karmann Ghia
Type 1 - 2400cc  48 IDA's - 12 Second Street Car - Pump Gas
PowderPuff VW Racing Coordinator
2009 & 2010 Series Two PowderPuff Champion
Udo

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 20:07:21 pm »

Hi Suzie