The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 14:49:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  VW burnout
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VW burnout  (Read 2400 times)
bugnut68

« on: January 29, 2009, 21:22:35 pm »

I know everybody faces it at some point or another, and in fact I can say in honesty it hits me about the same time each year (right about now, lol).  Here in Lakeview, Oregon, it's cold, but dry, and not very conducive to spinning wrenches, to say the least.  I was just curious if anybody else faces the same malady this time of year during the winter months?  I'm guessing those who are around VW people on a regular basis probably dont' have too many issues as a general rule, as I know whenever I'm around other VW people the clouds part and the passion comes back.

Of course, part of my issue right is also lack of funds for my '70 bucket, which doesn't help things much.  I know if and when it ever sees paint I'll likely be climbing the walls once more for a VW event to attend, but right now it's just sort of 'blah.'

Just venting, but figured I'd try and search out other peoples' thoughts...;-p
tikimadness

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 21:58:17 pm »

I can understand what you mean.I don't have it myself cause I am allways working on a deadline(i.e not enough time Wink)
As far as funds I allways have a want list which is way too long but somehow I allways manage to get what I really need.But looking at the prices of painting a car doesn't bring happiness right now.

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
bugnut68

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 00:09:06 am »

Yeah, it's frustrating.  I have a real nice '63 sunroof that I'm trying to sell to pay off student loans, plus it really deserves an owner that can afford to drive it regularly.  Then I have a '70 street car project that I really would like to at least throw a quick and dirty respray on and cheap interior so I can I finished it; a Buddy Hale paint job and Lenny Copp interior are absolutely out of the question on this one. Grin 

Maybe it's just time I take a break from VWs and see where I'm at when summer rolls around... I definitely don't want to sell the '70, as to do all the work I've done so far would be pretty costly on another car so I'm that much further ahead at the moment.
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 20:20:33 pm »

A quick drive around the block does wonders, that's all I will say about that... I was pleased that the beast, which is stored outside, fired right up after a couple pumps of the throttle, despite spending a month buried in about three feet of snow (plastic bags over the Kads, of course).  not a hiccup, nor a sneeze once she warmed up. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: