The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 13:40:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350827 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  UK Cal Look Drag Day - May 17th.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: UK Cal Look Drag Day - May 17th.  (Read 45230 times)
DRAG-DAY

« on: February 21, 2009, 16:38:29 pm »

The SAS Rennwagens, the JG54 Greenhearts and the Air Cooled Eliminator VW Clubs have organised a Drag Test & Tune Day at Santa Pod Raceway on the 17th of May 2009 .

The event is called “The SAS Rennwagen / JG54 / ACE invitational” .

As the title implies , this is an invite only event, and is intended to be for the quickest aircooled car’s in the country . No sheds, no stockers, no queuing among a load of buses, this is for 15.99 second and quicker bugs, KG’s & Type 3’s and is the perfect opportunity to test and tune your car along with other aircooled gear heads. The benefit of running it on the Peak Performance day (Sunday) is there is a limit of 100 cars that run on the strip, plus it’s a FULLY prepped track to actual Race standards, so you get a good number of runs in on a very well prepped, sticky track - unlike the average RWYB event.

Santa Pod have allocated us a large pit area, and the intention is that we all head down to the Pod on Saturday the 16th of May for us to get setup in the pits, get cars ready etc. and we will have a get together in the evening. There is RWYB on the Saturday, but this is not included in the ticket prices listed below. If you wish to race you will need to sign in on the day with the general public (I think a number of us will be doing this).Then we’ll be ready to spend the day on Sunday the 17th of May making the most of the track. Those that can’t do the whole weekend would still be most welcome to join us on the Sunday only.

Tickets:

A weekend Ticket costs £66.00 including racing. Passengers pay the entrance fee only of £15.00 (note, if booked separately this would be subject to a £1.00 booking fee).

A Sunday only Ticket costs £61.00 including racing. Passengers for Sunday only pay the entrance fee only of £10.00 (note, if booked separately this would be subject to a £1.00 booking fee).

If anyone would like to come along and watch the racing they would be more than welcome. Santa Pod standard entry fee’s apply (£10.00 normally, please see their website for details).

If you are interested in racing please email details of your car including specification, vehicle type (type 1/type 3 etc.) any times previously run and if possible a photograph of your car along with your full name to drag-day@live.co.uk and you will be sent full booking details.

Bookings are now being taken and bearing in mind the limited number of tickets available and the fact that a large number of bookings have already been made, to stand a good chance of getting in tickets need to be booked within the next week or so.

Cheers!

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 22:17:50 pm »

Up the top it say (this is an invite only event)

Down the bottom it say (If you are interested in racing please email details of your car including specification, vehicle type (type 1/type 3 etc.) any times previously run and if possible a photograph of your car along with your full name to drag-day@live.co.uk and you will be sent full booking details.)

Well what is it then Cheesy

Hahaha your killing me.........
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 22:36:19 pm »

haha, yeah see your point there Martin, guess that could seem kind of confusing. Basically, its similar to the process by which guys run at the DAS drag day or EBI (and how the OFFDRC runs I assume), and is simply a way of trying to narrow the cars down to those with some kind of strip capability, as there's plenty of RWYB events for people with relatively slower cars throughout the year in the UK, so folks send in details of their cars and then get an invite back through.

Hope that makes it seem clearer. Smiley

You coming? Lee mentioned you may have come along for the day. With around 40 cars already booked its looking like the day should be a lot of fun.

Thanks for pointing it out, have to be honest I'm not the best at wording etc. Anyway, hope you make it along.

Cheers
Jamie

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 22:41:58 pm by kaferboy » Logged

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 22:54:47 pm »

You coming? Lee mentioned you may have come along for the day. With around 40 cars already booked its looking like the day should be a lot of fun.

Yeah right don't think so Lamb to the Slaughter. Smiley

67worshipper

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 23:17:33 pm »

this sounds pretty sweet.i may have to mark the calendar in erm may Grin

vw hot rod heaven
lofty1971

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 23:41:51 pm »

Would be great to see some of the OFF there.....
67worshipper

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 23:50:14 pm »

Would be great to see some of the OFF there.....
i second this.they seem to hold days like this in every country apart from ours.if this goes well it could be another drag day date for everyones diary.im in favour of these days instead of static shows Cool

vw hot rod heaven
peach_

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 23:54:16 pm »

Yeh should be a good weekend, just a shame my motor wont be finished  Cry,

Yeh Would be good to see some of the OFF crowd, the more the merrier Grin

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
too old for this

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 02:45:37 am »

You should come Martin.........can't be any worse than the stick Russell gives you Grin...........I think you might be pleasantly surprised by some of the potential *faces* in the frame.The idea is a free from politics good day out,loungers welcome,as one of your OFF buddies said a while back"be good,one day, to get together on a sunny day at the pod for some friendly heads up,just cars/ beers /like minds and no politics".............heres the chance,step up ladies or blank it .Either way it is going to be a good weekend.

JG54
alfie the monster

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 04:30:06 am »

I think you should come and play Martin. I won't make any hair dryer jokes... Honest  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
flatfire

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 13:14:49 pm »

Come along Martin I will look after you (what a Scot supplying drink)and we can sit down on Saturday night and have a laugh like the last time.  Smiley

Lets have some fun

john bailey

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 22:52:13 pm »

well, i have sent my e mail. hope im aloud to come and play!!!! Wink
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 23:31:48 pm »

OK guys why should i come to this when Paul Hamilton say thing like this.

Certain Outlaw Flat 4 members have caused a lot of trouble at Santa Pod and they won't join either SPRC or VWDRC so when they turn up at the POD as a glorified RWYB they will get no preferential treatment.
I'm sure any other VW owners attending will get tarred with the same brush, guilty by association etc.When signing on make sure you tell the office you are not a member of OFF and a big sticker "Outlawed from the Outlaws" in your windscreen to increase your chances of some track time.

This is not a one off they are insults and digs posted on other forums on a weekly basic.

And you now want to offer the olive branch.

Sorry I wish you guys all the luck with this meet and hope it go well for you. Smiley

Russell

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 23:47:54 pm »

Angry

Russell.

PM's sent

Best Regards

Russell
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 08:31:00 am »

Huh
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:03:58 am by Fastbrit » Logged

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
too old for this

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:16:25 am »

Certain Outlaw Flat 4 members have caused a lot of trouble at Santa Pod and they won't join either SPRC or VWDRC so when they turn up at the POD as a glorified RWYB they will get no preferential treatment.
I'm sure any other VW owners attending will get tarred with the same brush, guilty by association etc.When signing on make sure you tell the office you are not a member of OFF and a big sticker "Outlawed from the Outlaws" in your windscreen to increase your chances of some track time.

This is not a one off they are insults and digs posted on other forums on a weekly basic.

Sorry I wish you guys all the luck with this meet and hope it go well for you. Smiley
Quite honestly Martin,if you feel that strongly stay at home ,some people are working very hard on this to bring together like minded people to enjoy an informal day of racing at a great track,putting aside the politics,or possibly giving others the chance to put to rest old misunderstandings over a beer,bit of grub and hopefully some *informal* heads up.Please don't use this thread to dig up old news and put salt in old wounds.Sorry you feel this strongly and hope your views don't bias others who may/already have, decided to come along and enjoy it....cheers...................the old 'un(oh and thanks to those who have already signed up Smiley)

JG54
alfie the monster

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 11:07:46 am »

Quite honestly Martin,if you feel that strongly stay at home ,some people are working very hard on this to bring together like minded people to enjoy an informal day of racing at a great track,putting aside the politics,or possibly giving others the chance to put to rest old misunderstandings over a beer,bit of grub and hopefully some *informal* heads up.Please don't use this thread to dig up old news and put salt in old wounds.Sorry you feel this strongly and hope your views don't bias others who may/already have, decided to come along and enjoy it....cheers...................the old 'un(oh and thanks to those who have already signed up Smiley)

Well said old man  Smiley

JG54 Grunherz
negawskloV

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 12:24:42 pm »

very well said that man ^^^  Smiley

ALL of the quickest aircooled bugs in the UK, no distractions, no politics, no benches . . . just racing!  Cool
I'm in . . . bring it on!!  Cool Cool
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 19:09:42 pm by negawskloV » Logged

'66 Sea Sand Bug 132CI N/A type1
another '66, a '73 Porsche 914s 2.0 & a '74 Porsche 914 2.0
... and not enough parking space!
67worshipper

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 14:28:37 pm »

the excitement is getting toooooo much already im afraid Shocked its still three months away yet aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

vw hot rod heaven
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 14:52:59 pm »

that will make a good day of beers and watching.

Barry make sure you put some good times in Wink
TiDi

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 15:27:10 pm »

I'll be there...

4 Wheel Ripperz - http://cal-look.tumblr.com/
DRAG-DAY

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 17:55:45 pm »

Hi Martin,

This day isn't an olive branch, I'm not quite sure why I would need one as I've had dealings with many OFF members and only ever been positive. I dunno what you're on about with Paul Hamilton, or tbh why your raising any argument you've had with him, as he has had a sum total of zero input into the day, and to my knowledge isn't even attending.

Anyway, if you have hard feelings over something thats fair enough, but you seem pissed off about something that is nothing to do with me and certainly nothing to do with this event.

I hope you can see past it and would love to see you along.

OFF guys - come one come all, lets all have some fun.

Come on guys lets leave the bitching for another lifetime. Seeya on the strip!

Jamie
SAS Rennwagens
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 18:04:48 pm by DRAG-DAY » Logged

DRAG-DAY

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 18:03:16 pm »

and to my knowledge isn't even attending.

Just so I'm clear, if he wanted to I would love to see him & his car along, as with ANY of the UK's quick aircooled bugs.

This event is not the place for shit stirring guys, come one, lets do it.

Cheers

Prowagen

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 18:29:23 pm »

Well there will be a few of us up there to see the racing, and help 'frank' fix his car when he breaks it Grin I hope there will be plenty of cars up there. is the invitation open to the european guys?
peach_

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 18:53:13 pm »

Hi Martin,

This day isn't an olive branch, I'm not quite sure why I would need one as I've had dealings with many OFF members and only ever been positive. I dunno what you're on about with Paul Hamilton, or tbh why your raising any argument you've had with him, as he has had a sum total of zero input into the day, and to my knowledge isn't even attending.

Anyway, if you have hard feelings over something thats fair enough, but you seem pissed off about something that is nothing to do with me and certainly nothing to do with this event.

I hope you can see past it and would love to see you along.

OFF guys - come one come all, lets all have some fun.

Come on guys lets leave the bitching for another lifetime. Seeya on the strip!

Jamie
SAS Rennwagens

Here here well said dude.

Wait for this day  Grin

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
too old for this

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 19:34:40 pm »

Well there will be a few of us up there to see the racing, and help 'frank' fix his car when he breaks it Grin I hope there will be plenty of cars up there. is the invitation open to the european guys?
Deffo.........but Kobus and crew will probably be up to their eyes in EBI preparation....but DAS/ DFL/et al......all welcome that is why it's on here.If this is the success we hope it will be and the promised support/weather plays the game,all the effort the guys organising it have put in will be worthwhile.There is even quite a bit of spectator interest starting to trickle through........ Smiley

JG54
Peter Roberts

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 19:41:40 pm »

It's the weekend before the main event , so there will be plenty of Top Fuel , Pro-Mod and Door-slammers testing for the following weekend , an excellent weekend for spectators .
DRAG-DAY

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 19:57:24 pm »

Would love to see the Euro guys along!

john bailey

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 20:07:49 pm »

brake it? i hope not but i will hold you to that! i will be bricking it tho, the drag racing vergin that i am........
63ragtop

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 20:39:54 pm »

Again I'd just like to confirm that although ACE were consulted on some of the particulars about the event, Mr Hamilton has not been involved in organising this event and up until now has not confirmed he will even be attending. I'm not sure why you felt you needed to drag up the to past, but I can honestly say that the main organiser of this event 'Jamie' has no beef at all with you or OFF. I know OFF has some race meeting near to this event so if you can't make it or don't want to come then that’s fine with us. But please don't boycot it on principle, that will only be damaging to yourselves

Here's to a great weekend Cool
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 21:04:19 pm by 63ragtop » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: