The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 10:41:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351100 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Calling all Notchback experts...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Calling all Notchback experts...  (Read 1565 times)
Sam K

« on: February 24, 2009, 01:39:37 am »

I have a problem with my recently acquired Notch. I've known the car for several years and a few different owners and in all that time everybody knew not to ever open the rear 1/4 windows because the fall out at they fall out at the front. They have also fallen out a couple times while driving. The last time, the latch broke and the window met it's end on the freeway during a snowstorm.  I would like to use the popouts this summer, so I need to know how to fix this problem. I looks like there is something missing in the "hinge area" but I really don't have a clue.

This is the b - pillar.

This is the window.

Thanks in adavance!
sofaking

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52:17 am »

I believe that there are plastic caps that go on the hindges on the window side? I don't remember what's on mine! Shocked Contact ISP West in Carson California they will know for sure.

PIMPPRIDE

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:55:12 am »

the" B " pillar is fine, I can see in your 1st photo it has the internal bracket their for the pop out frame... only late type's ( 72/73) and oddity models ( aussie RHD ) did not get this bracket in the body nor the screw pad for the latch ( it can be weld in later ) but thats not your case here...

for your problem the solution is pretty simple... originally there were plastic seals that fit over the tongue on the pop out frame, this fitted the hooks on frame snug to the body, what happens is the 1st time the pop out is removed, these seals stick to the body and fall down the B pillar lost in the B post of the car,

NOS is one solution, but this small item is very rare and hard to find... the simple fix we use is black electrical tape... you wrap the hooks to create a soft wrap that will mimic the original seal, and being tape you can fine tune the stiffness of the seal & hinging point with more or less wraps of tape...

reproductions on this seal are on our "TO DO LIST " hope this info helps...

Anthony / ISP WEST

also anyone that needs to see a before / after on a Type 3 missing the pop out brackets... here u go...

Sam K

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:15:45 am »

Thanks for the tips!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: