The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:26:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350680 Posts in 28573 Topics by 6819 Members
Latest Member: Umanisti
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  STOLEN!!!!!TOOLS/PARTS/ STOLEN STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: STOLEN!!!!!TOOLS/PARTS/ STOLEN STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9935 times)
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 09:13:39 am »

like people have said, it must of been some cunt, who knew what the stuff was Sad

or just some pikeys weighing in 'scrap' metal??

exactly the same happened a few weeks back at the farm near me, took tools and parts.

I don't know what makes me feel more sick, the idea that this was a fellow enthusiast who has stolen parts knowingly, or the thought of original 70's cal-look history being weighed in as scrap metal Sad

Either way this is SHIT.

youngnstudly

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 17:11:20 pm »

Man Dean, I am really sorry to hear about your loss! Cry However, I don't think the stuff was taken for "scrap metal", but more than likely from someone who knew what you had and how much it was worth. We had (the same guy) break-in at my work and everytime he knew exactly where the copper and stainless pipe were. The last time he and a few other guys loaded up an old truck that was used on the jobs to transport debris to the local dump (that was sitting in our storage yard-which was completely locked) with all of the copper we had. He knew where to cut the chainlink fence without the cameras seeing him, and he also knew to bring a battery charger and starting fluid to steal that truck (which barely started up and ran!). Angry The police found the truck 2 months later abandon (primered) and there was a jacket with a gas station reciept in the pocket. The police didn't even do anything! Moral of the story, Don't count on the police! Angry

Lock all of your stuff down and don't tell anyone what you have! Good luck in bringing justice and getting your parts back! It's going to be difficult to "get rid of that stuff" due to the internet and everyone attending the swap meets that is now looking out for your parts. And don't go on  a "rampage" and start selling all your VW parts and cars! Wink

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
deanosvws

OFF 24

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 22:24:06 pm »

also noticed the rear oval tail lights for the car are gone aswell. bastards.

OUTLAW FLAT FOUR
Speckyvwfreak

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 23:02:57 pm »

Total scum. Coincidental that it happened when you were away?

Black '56 Ragtop Oval, 2276, IDAs, 12.6s quarter mile
simon uk

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2009, 15:07:07 pm »

x2 with all the messages, I will keep an eye out for any of those items. That is some rare stuff, it must be someone in the know who has done it, but the world is a pretty small place with the net, and there is no way he will be able to move that stuff about without one of us noticing, then he gets what he deserves.

Si.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: