The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:05:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Gasburner Question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gasburner Question  (Read 4650 times)
christ4

« on: December 30, 2010, 18:45:35 pm »

Hi I´ve got a question for use gasburners on a beetle. Do I need Wheel Spacers? In the front or in the back? The offset is 40? Am I right?  Huh
 What are your experiences?
I would be grateful for any infos?
Andy Sykes

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 20:01:27 pm »

hi i run 7mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear but im running 944 turbo brakes with 4 pots on, it all depends on what brakes you have

cheers andy

I love the haters they make me famous.

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

Your only here once turn it up to 11
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 21:09:45 pm »

Hi I´ve got a question for use gasburners on a beetle. Do I need Wheel Spacers? In the front or in the back? The offset is 40? Am I right?  Huh

Please do a search, there is plenty of Gasburner info to be found and you need to add more info to your post. What year is your bug etc etc.

If you have 67 or later axles you do not need spacers at the rear. At the front it all depends on your set up but in most cases you do not need spacers unless you use one of those ugly, narrowed beams. (sorry fast65)

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Andy Sykes

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 21:29:05 pm »

lol no offence iit is 4" beam but all part of the plan with the dropped spindles and brakes its stock now Smiley. can fit 14" fuchs no probs but not burners without spacers Smiley
cheers andy

im building this not just putting parts together, they are two totally different things

thejohn66

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:20:27 am »

Mine is a '66 with 2" narrowed beam (dropped spindles,ghia discs and talbot sunbeam calipers) no spacers required. Rear has been converted to short axle with type 3 drums 205/65 tyres and need a 3mm spacer to make the clearance comfortable. slightly thinner tyre and I'm sure no spacer required. Hope his helps, Alex

Bitburg motor boating club member.
Bruce

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 04:53:40 am »

.... iit is 4" beam
You will need to run a 2" spacer with that.
Best is to take out the silly narrowed beam and put a stock one in.
christ4

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 10:04:21 am »

Please do a search, there is plenty of Gasburner info to be found and you need to add more info to your post. What year is your bug etc etc.

If you have 67 or later axles you do not need spacers at the rear. At the front it all depends on your set up but in most cases you do not need spacers unless you use one of those ugly, narrowed beams. (sorry fast65)

Yes I´ve a later model, so no problem at the rear. I have original setup at the rear and would drive 205/70 tires. In the front I have an original (welded) adjustable axle. And there are no problems to fit the hub caps?
Andy Sykes

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 14:56:15 pm »

.... iit is 4" beam

lol if i did tha the wheels would be sticking out by 2" each side now that would look silly Smiley

cheers andy

Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 15:53:55 pm »

I have a stock beam with 17 mm spacers on my 65, and the gasburners fits like a glove in my eyes. No drop spindles though.

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
christ4

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 17:52:23 pm »

I have a stock beam with 17 mm spacers on my 65, and the gasburners fits like a glove in my eyes. No drop spindles though.
ok. do you have any pics of the car? and the hub caps fit?
Bruce

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 21:41:23 pm »

.... iit is 4" beam

lol if i did tha the wheels would be sticking out by 2" each side now that would look silly Smiley

cheers andy
You don't understand what 42mm of offset means. 
My buddy's 66 used to have a 2" narrowed beam.  He took that out and put in a stock beam when he switched to original Mahle wheels.  Nothing sticks out.
Chris W

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 22:57:05 pm »

I think this is the car Bruce is talking about.

Here is mine. Stock beam, drop spindles/disc and 145's up front, Type 3 drums with a 10mm spacer and 205/70's in the rear.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 22:59:10 pm by Chris W » Logged
fredy66

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 01:34:14 am »

.... iit is 4" beam

cheers andy
My buddy's 66 used to have a 2" narrowed beam.  He took that out and put in a stock beam when he switched to original Mahle wheels.  Nothing sticks out.

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

arabia slugs
Andy Sykes

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 12:21:06 pm »

.... iit is 4" beam

cheers andy

yes i do Roll Eyes i built the car it has dropped spindles 1" lost porsche brake conversion 1" lost = stock so trak is now standard the only reason i run spacers is to clear the calipers

thanks andy
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:42:30 pm by fast65 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: