The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 13:21:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Volksworld Show - Cal Look Lounge dissapointment !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Volksworld Show - Cal Look Lounge dissapointment !  (Read 4504 times)
Russell

« on: March 29, 2009, 23:00:42 pm »

Guys

As the heading reads;

Over the last number of years the VoWo show has been more about catching up with like minded VW nuts and sharing stories for me, however this year was a big deal for me, i took my 8 year old son for the first time and what a blast he had........ however as i sit at home and recover from the walking, i cant help but feel slighty disappointed that I didnt have time to meet up with the other fellow loungers that were there, yes I said Hi to quite a few and even spoke with some on Saturday but last year we had a meet in the room upstairs and there were around 27 of us....... would have been great to do this again, so for next year let plan.

If it did happen and i missed it sorry but was trying to be a good dad, which is not easy when you are surrounded by cool VWs and the volksworld insurance girls  Grin

For all the guys i did meet it was good to say hi and hopefully next time we can speak more.

cheers

Russell

Best Regards

Russell
Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:15:58 am »

Just to be a bit mean: I'm glad I didnt miss a great Lounge hookup, this one year I didnt attend :-)
This year I choose to prioritize my time and money on my car.
Last year was great fun and I hope that we can plan, and repeat that later this year, or at vowo next year

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:22:51 am »

Guys

As the heading reads;

Over the last number of years the VoWo show has been more about catching up with like minded VW nuts and sharing stories for me, however this year was a big deal for me, i took my 8 year old son for the first time and what a blast he had........ however as i sit at home and recover from the walking, i cant help but feel slighty disappointed that I didnt have time to meet up with the other fellow loungers that were there, yes I said Hi to quite a few and even spoke with some on Saturday but last year we had a meet in the room upstairs and there were around 27 of us....... would have been great to do this again, so for next year let plan.

If it did happen and i missed it sorry but was trying to be a good dad, which is not easy when you are surrounded by cool VWs and the volksworld insurance girls  Grin

For all the guys i did meet it was good to say hi and hopefully next time we can speak more.

cheers

Russell

Well put dude - lets make some proper plans for next year Smiley

Although I did have to spend this year in bar being Told off by Uncle keith for all my IRS talk Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Sorry Master  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 11:58:55 am »

Hi Russell i did post this up

http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,8379.0.html

Any way was good to see everyone over the weekend and Russell your son a star.

So how many car do you have. Cheesy

Hahaha your killing me.........
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:20:07 pm »

Russ as you know i couldn't make it, but i did meet fabs, nicolas JF and Lee for about 20 mins exchanging money and bier in watford!

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 17:32:42 pm »

Guys

As the heading reads;

cheers

Russell
[/quote]

I have to agree with you Russell , while it was great to catch up with you and all the other lounger's I met there we did slip up in not organizing a official (ish) meet  Undecided

Well put dude - lets make some proper plans for next year Smiley

Although I did have to spend this year in bar being Told off by Uncle keith for all my IRS talk Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Sorry Master  Wink Smiley
[/quote]

Ah so it was uncle Keith was it  Wink now where's my baseball bat  Grin Ill let him off this time as he signed my very late Christmas prezie for me  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 17:39:07 pm by 49-rag » Logged

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 17:52:03 pm »

here're a few member who 're present   Grin Grin

russell , little russell  ; uncle keith , js , lee , nicolas , monkiboy , wray , kev d  , and me

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 21:10:19 pm »

Christ, I look old and pissed. Monkiboy just looks pissed... Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 21:56:17 pm »

If it's out of show hours i could of probably make it, as for the meal on saturday, I had to go out with work to an Italian place in Esher where there was a guy with twin blonde hookers, but that's another story Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
Russell

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 22:19:33 pm »

yes keith you look old  Wink

Best Regards

Russell
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 09:05:36 am »

yes keith you look old  Wink
Thanks, Blobby. Kiss

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 11:13:24 am »

Oi Angry Kiss And don't worry Master - Grasshoper was listening  Wink Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 21:36:21 pm »

Don't worry bout looking old , its when you smell of wee you should be concerned  Grin

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 21:53:45 pm »

LOL Keith The  Camera Dose'nt Lie  LMAO  You are OLD!! Grin Grin Grin

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
pughdog

www.Jagerbug.com

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 22:33:18 pm »

here're a few member who 're present   Grin Grin

russell , little russell  ; uncle keith , js , lee , nicolas , monkiboy , wray , kev d  , and me

And that's me and AlexB in the background  Wink Yes, we were the ones making all the noise!  Cheesy

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 22:37:41 pm »

Is Russell thinking Oh no Keith going on about the gear box in the back of the Race Shop Ghia agian.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 22:40:21 pm by gold65turbo » Logged

Hahaha your killing me.........
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: