The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 22:52:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  John Lazenby's Early DKP and Auto Haus Offerings
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: John Lazenby's Early DKP and Auto Haus Offerings  (Read 25706 times)

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:25 am »

Very cool !
 Shocked Shocked Shocked
johnl

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2009, 15:41:41 pm »

The yellow flag was at the 1972 Bug-In Shocked.  The roof of John's car can be seen at the right in the second shot.  Craig Foster owned the yellow squareback.

Also in the second photo I do believe that Mike (Lar Lar) Larson is in the foreground.  Possibly he is looking for "Pleasure" and a trip to the DKP Club House on Chestnut St. in Anaheim.  Sorry, that is an inside joke.  You would have had to have been there in the day.  ::)Don't recognize anyone else.

John

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2009, 18:25:25 pm »

awesome picture guys
thx

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
johnl

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2009, 18:42:24 pm »

awesome picture guys
thx

You may think the pictures are awesome, but the memories for us that lived it far exceed the term "awesome" Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2009, 18:43:44 pm »

awesome picture guys
thx

You may think the pictures are awesome, but the memories for us that lived it far exceed the term "awesome" Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
also john  Wink

Sarge

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2009, 18:57:42 pm »

After looking at the second pic a while, I'm pretty sure that's Jim Holmes at the bottom of the middle flag pole (white t-shirt). 

DKP III
johnl

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2009, 19:12:15 pm »

After looking at the second pic a while, I'm pretty sure that's Jim Holmes at the bottom of the middle flag pole (white t-shirt). 

I picked up new eyes (glasses) on Friday and am still adjusting to them.  James, I believe you are correct !!  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2009, 02:04:44 am »

Well John, you have gotten better looking with age my friend...and that was a monkey, not a weasel right?? LOL Wink
Lynn and I are signed up here now, so watch what gets said about that smuggler trailer that was parked behind the warehouse/we still have that trailer parked on our property...
Gonna zick out for some hucky-puck, but we'll check back in Wink
Thanks for the trip down memory lane ~ what a hoot!!!

Lynn & TK Rosevear
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2009, 03:41:05 am »

Welcome to The Lounge, Lynn & TK. Good to see more fellow Auto Haus people here.

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2009, 04:16:36 am »

Welcome to The Lounge, Lynn & TK. Good to see more fellow Auto Haus people here.

Grin

Thanks very much DKK, just learning how to get around here...thanks so much for the welcome Wink

Lynn & TK Rosevear
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2009, 04:20:17 am »

Thanks very much DKK, just learning how to get around here...thanks so much for the welcome Wink

You're quite welcome. My name's Mark and I used to manage the Long Beach store in the early '80s up until we closed it down in April of '84. Again, good seeing you both on here.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Dave Rosique

nobodyouno

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2009, 04:39:19 am »

Welcome Lynn & TK!

The Lounge is a cool place to hang out... hope you enjoy it here.

Back in the 70's, I used to frequent your Long Beach store... Bought my first S&S header and Porsche chromies there Grin
Oh yeah, I knew the guy who rode his Harley through the glass window between AH and the bar next door... he had a few too many Shocked

~DR.
tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2009, 18:26:42 pm »

Welcome Lynn & TK!

The Lounge is a cool place to hang out... hope you enjoy it here.

Back in the 70's, I used to frequent your Long Beach store... Bought my first S&S header and Porsche chromies there Grin
Oh yeah, I knew the guy who rode his Harley through the glass window between AH and the bar next door... he had a few too many Shocked

~DR.

Thanks so much Dave, yeah, Lynn recalls the 49er Bar next door...it has been great looking through johnl Lazenby's thread of all you guys remembering the good ole' days.

Lynn & TK Rosevear
johnl

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2009, 20:29:21 pm »

Well John, you have gotten better looking with age my friend...and that was a monkey, not a weasel right?? LOL Wink
Lynn and I are signed up here now, so watch what gets said about that smuggler trailer that was parked behind the warehouse/we still have that trailer parked on our property...

For some of you that are not aware this is Lynn Rosevear of Auto Haus fame.  Lately I've spent a considerable amount of phone time and tried to encourage the "old guy" to get on line.  He doesn't do computers (most people that old don't know what electricity is), but Tammy does.

Anyway, I'm glad the Rosevears are on board and hope they will add stories in future.  Speaking of "future stories", I'm working on one now and hope to have it on line soon.  I think you old timers will remember and the young kids will find it informative....... Smiley Smiley Smiley

tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2009, 22:33:36 pm »

For some of you that are not aware this is Lynn Rosevear of Auto Haus fame.  Lately I've spent a considerable amount of phone time and tried to encourage the "old guy" to get on line.  He doesn't do computers (most people that old don't know what electricity is), but Tammy does.

Anyway, I'm glad the Rosevears are on board and hope they will add stories in future.  Speaking of "future stories", I'm working on one now and hope to have it on line soon.  I think you old timers will remember and the young kids will find it informative....... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Hi John, thanks for the intro ~ Tammy or TK here, been workin' on filling in some of the gaps from your HISTORY post...Lynn is out cutting firewood Wink Your encouragement is working though, he's at least reading the site - LOL
Good to be here and enjoying old home week Wink

Lynn & TK Rosevear
johnl

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2009, 23:18:50 pm »

Hi John, thanks for the intro ~ Tammy or TK here, been workin' on filling in some of the gaps from your HISTORY post...Lynn is out cutting firewood Wink Your encouragement is working though, he's at least reading the site - LOL
Good to be here and enjoying old home week Wink

he's at least reading the site  I had no idea Lynn could read??  Shocked  Seriously, I'm glad he is getting involved as I know there are many out there that want to hear stories of those days.  Also, I think he will get much from it.  I know that I sure have since I've been on line.   Grin

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2009, 09:08:14 am »

Also, I think he will get much from it.  I know that I sure have since I've been on line.   Grin[/b][/i][/color]
Too right. Sarge certainly gets a lot from this place – mostly abuse!  Kiss

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2009, 13:50:45 pm »

welcome on board lynn and tammy  it's great to have you there

rgd

fabs

Sarge

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2009, 17:09:26 pm »

Also, I think he will get much from it.  I know that I sure have since I've been on line.   Grin[/b][/i][/color]
Too right. Sarge certainly gets a lot from this place – mostly abuse!  Kiss

Most of it from YOU!!  How's your bug running???  Wink Kiss

Welcome Lynn and Tammy!  Cool Grin

DKP III
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2009, 17:17:43 pm »

Oh, it's pushing along nicely.... Undecided

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Carlos De Alba

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2009, 21:26:15 pm »

Still pushing?? shessshhhhh  Roll Eyes  Sell that shit and buy a Camaro!!!  Kiss

Der Kleiner Panzers
Sarge

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2009, 22:49:59 pm »

Still pushing?? shessshhhhh  Roll Eyes  Sell that shit and buy a Camaro!!!  Kiss

Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

DKP III
tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2009, 00:51:59 am »

welcome on board lynn and tammy  it's great to have you there

rgd

fabs
Thanks very much speedwell, and thanks for the phot-loading tips too Wink Good to be here

Lynn & TK Rosevear
tklynn

weasels wif

« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2009, 00:53:44 am »

Welcome Lynn and Tammy!  Cool Grin
[/quote]

Thanks very much Jim/Sarge...starting to feel right at home Wink

Lynn & TK Rosevear
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: