The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 15:48:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  John Lazenby's Early DKP and Auto Haus Offerings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: John Lazenby's Early DKP and Auto Haus Offerings  (Read 25250 times)
johnl

« on: March 18, 2009, 21:18:56 pm »

This will be the beginning of several items I've dug up to share with the group.

At the far left is a recent edition in a DKP graphic that former DKP member Terry Terrell gave to me as a "Frendship" gift.  Terry was one of the younger guys around in the early '70's.

Next is a photo provided by Ron Fleming that is taken at Irvine Park in probably 1969 or 1970.  I belevie I'm the 6th from the left with my '63 in Firemist Green behind me.

The VW hood emblem is the "original" from my car.

The DKP badge is one of two I had.  The other was on the car and went with it when sold.  I've been told that someone retreived that one from the wrecked car.

Next we have my name tag from the DKP I reunion.

Last, an Economotor license frame as that is where I purchased my '63 new.

There will be more to follow.

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 60 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2023

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 21:47:45 pm »

A shot of the '63 taken at Irvine Park.  Note the Nipple Caps with the modified DKP emblems.

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
johnl

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 21:52:59 pm »

Here is a shot when the car was Warbonnet Yellow.  Don't think this one has ever been published before.  You can slightly see the Butler steering wheel and dash.  In the background is Mike Mahaffey's Green Split.  The park was just opened and had very little as far as trees.

johnl

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 22:03:18 pm »

A shot of myself and the original sign for the Warbonnet car.  This is the same sign that is shown on page 21 of Keith Seume's latest book.

johnl

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 22:06:17 pm »

A sign done by Jim (Sarge) Edmiston when the car was Firemist Green.  This would have been about 1970.

johnl

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 22:10:16 pm »

Okay, a change of pace.  Here is a shot of me with Ed Craig!!  Not really, this was a customer's pet and I happen to be in the Auto Haus, Orange store when this was taken.  Same store that is pictured on page 94 of Keith's book.  Probably in the mid 1970's.

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 22:11:31 pm »

JOHN thx for sharing with us those old treasure

rgd
fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Jim Ratto

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 22:17:48 pm »

A shot of the '63 taken at Irvine Park.  Note the Nipple Caps with the modified DKP emblems.

Great picture John  Cool

johnl

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 22:21:31 pm »

JOHN thx for sharing with us those old treasure

rgd
fabs

My pleasure Fabs.  Speaking of treasures, I've save the best for last.  This is my DKP membershp card.  You can see that it is well worn as I didn't take care of it as I should have, but the main thing is I STILL HAVE IT !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked  Note that this card is like only two others and has no membership number, but states "COUNCIL".  Note the two signatures on this card are Gary Huggins and Pete Dayton.  Refer to page 35 of Keith's book to see a later version.  I hope to be burried with this one as it is that special to me.  I don't know if the other two cards exist today.

Liou

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 22:27:08 pm »

wow it's beauty history vw aircooled and member since 1966 lol sir john lazenby

My 62 ragtop cal look
guillaume

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 22:29:40 pm »

Here is a shot when the car was Warbonnet Yellow.  Don't think this one has ever been published before.  You can slightly see the Butler steering wheel and dash.  In the background is Mike Mahaffey's Green Split.  The park was just opened and had very little as far as trees.

Those Torque Thrust wheels were later on Harvey Rosenthal from DKP2.
vwcab

peter

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 22:30:23 pm »

Hej John",keep posting those pics".............GREAT!!!!!!

Peter  Wink

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
johnl

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 22:35:31 pm »

Hej John",keep posting those pics".............GREAT!!!!!!

Peter  Wink

Thanks guys!!!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin ;DI'll keep looking and see what I can come up with.  Looking back now I wish I'd kept better records.

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 22:35:59 pm »

Okay, a change of pace.  Here is a shot of me with Ed Craig!!  Not really, this was a customer's pet and I happen to be in the Auto Haus, Orange store when this was taken.  Same store that is pictured on page 94 of Keith's book.  Probably in the mid 1970's.
I will Be A Monkeys Uncle Grin Look at those Deano Linkage Kits Just Hanging There  LOL!!   heres a few Pictures I had of your Car John
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 23:10:32 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
johnl

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 22:36:49 pm »

Those Torque Thrust wheels were later on Harvey Rosenthal from DKP2.  So I've been told.  Wish I had them back today.

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 22:46:07 pm »

Look it ME and John  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You either "Get It" or you don't......
johnl

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 22:59:40 pm »

Look it ME and John  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nah, your better looking than that I hope.  It really is Ed Craig, but he is a bit over dessed!!!!!!!!    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 23:02:17 pm »

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing ! It's great to see all of this here and read your story in the book.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 23:03:57 pm by Nico86 » Logged

simon uk

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 23:03:36 pm »

wow, awesome, thanks for sharing the pics!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 00:10:45 am »

NICE!!!

John & Gary, thanks for posting the epic pictures! Please keep 'em flowing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 01:06:34 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
edcraig

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2009, 00:36:59 am »

Here I am minding my own bussiness, and my name gets tossed into this mess!  That's the last time I push your wheelchair John!  :-)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 00:55:25 am »

Those Torque Thrust wheels were later on Harvey Rosenthal from DKP2.

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Fritter

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 03:28:05 am »

Wow, very cool pictures!  Thanks for sharing.  Very educational and important for all the Cal Look "historians" to see these "as it was"!

Looks like you had green tinted sidewindows in the Firemist version.  Do you have a shot of the interior of the Firemist version? 

OK John, when you complete a recreation of your old '63, will it be the Firemist version or the Warbonnet version?  The Firemist version is probably closer to your heart I would think?

Love the signs!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:32:07 am by Mike Fritz » Logged

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
guillaume

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 09:39:00 am »

Those Torque Thrust wheels were later on Harvey Rosenthal from DKP2.  So I've been told.  Wish I had them back today.

Yes, I had a talk with Harvey some months ago and he said me that he bought them from you. Or he bought them and knows that they were used on your car.
Those wheels are so nice.
We need the butter nut replica to be done ;-) for the cal look history ;-)
Jon
Administrator

12,3@174km/t at Gardermoen 2008

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 12:45:39 pm »

BEAUTIFUL thread Thanks John!

Grumpy old men have signatures like this.
Mags

2,2L 577Hk.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 13:23:49 pm »

This Car,Whats Color?

Mags
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 13:24:46 pm »

This Car,Whats Color?

Mags

My bet is Jaguar E type Regency Red Undecided

You either "Get It" or you don't......
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 14:12:53 pm »

Cool pics! Wow, new 44 idfs for $99.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
Dave Galassi

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2009, 14:36:44 pm »

This Car,Whats Color?

Mags

My bet is Jaguar E type Regency Red Undecided

Good guess!  I've got some familiarity with that color.  It really stands out.
johnl

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 15:59:53 pm »

Here I am minding my own bussiness, and my name gets tossed into this mess!  That's the last time I push your wheelchair John!  :-)

Well Ed, you got just what you deserved after pushing my wheelchair off the curb in front of that bus (TOILET) driven by Stan Davis Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: