The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 08, 2024, 15:34:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351105 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Jegs Window net installation kit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jegs Window net installation kit  (Read 2617 times)
sven

« on: March 25, 2009, 22:49:24 pm »

Hi,

Just bought a Jegs window net installation kit, does anybody has instructions or pictures from an installed window net?

Thx.

Sven
WhiteTrash

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 23:52:02 pm »

The little tab for the belt buckle lock welds to the top and front at the cage as in this picture

The other part of the buckle with the push button welds to the top window net bar.
one of the sleeves should be welded to the top of the main hoop of the cage, you can just see it in the picture above the side cage padding, but it's actually an awkward idea.

Get yourself two 8mm rose joints (or hem joints in the US?), weld them to the end of the top and bottom net bars, or drill and tap them for extra adjustment, then weld a short stud or captive nut to the cage were the sleeve would be, bolt the rose jointed bar to the cage and when you unclip the buckle the window net simply swings down and you get out easily. I have change it to that now as it's easier to use then to pull the bars out of the sleeves when you want to get out. Especially if you're in a rush.

Frank

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
sven

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 19:17:44 pm »

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the advise but if  I understand it correct the bottom net bar is only attached with one side, or i'm I wrong?

Sven.
WhiteTrash

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 23:09:37 pm »

Hi Sven,

No the bottom bar is fixed with a rose joint at the main hoop by the seat back rest just like the top bar and the front is a clip in type. I have used a 25mm long piece of U - channel welded upside down to the front bar of the cage.
You push the net bar in from the bottom and when you clip the buckle in at the topbar the net is pulled tight.
My car is still in the paintshop but if i get time I'll pop round there and take a picture and post it.

Frank

HOFF#67

Lotus White '67's are the best!!!
sven

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 23:34:02 pm »

Ok, I do understand it, pictures will be appreciated... thx.
bodgit

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 10:21:54 am »

Here's how my window net attaches at the front:

I don't know who made my kit, but the fixings look similar.

Matt
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: