The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:00:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Straight muffler solution for 2" header
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Straight muffler solution for 2" header  (Read 3568 times)
gator_push

« on: December 25, 2011, 22:32:06 pm »

Hi there,
looking for a short muffler connecting straight to the 2" A1 header. Basically a short stinger style exhaust with muffler capabilities. I am not looking for a solution where a standard aftermarket muffler is welded to a pipe on a flange because of the exposure to the back.

Are there any companies out there making such race exhaust systems?
John Palmer

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 23:16:26 pm »

We run a A-1 sidewinder system that Tiger made with a custom muffler.  The Sidewinder system is standard, but the muffler (actually two different sizes) is quick realease mounted with a stainless V-Band clamp.  Just past the stainless clamp, the collector was made with "different sized" venturi cones before going into a bullet "straight through" muffler.  The muffler exits straight out the side, just past the right rear tire.  It's been on the car for the last four seasons and works flawlessly.  We have never needed to used the small collector/muffler, because the car has always had good low end performance.  Although this system was built as a "track legal" muffler system, it would also work well on the street.  It tucks up under the car nicely, and does not drag when the car is loaded on the trailer, or during wheelies, lol.
kingsburgphil

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 07:48:39 am »

Hi there,
looking for a short muffler connecting straight to the 2" A1 header. Basically a short stinger style exhaust with muffler capabilities. I am not looking for a solution where a standard aftermarket muffler is welded to a pipe on a flange because of the exposure to the back.

I'm not sure of exactly of what you're looking for. Both of these examples are from A-1. My best advice ..give Tiger a call  Wink
Troy Palmer

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:07:33 am »

The Bullet John spoke of above is currenty on ebay.
Thanks
Troy (AKA- empijones)
fredy66

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 14:05:38 pm »

Hi there,

I'm not sure of exactly of what you're looking for. Both of these examples are from A-1. My best advice ..give Tiger a call  Wink

nice car

arabia slugs
gator_push

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 17:26:55 pm »

Thanks
Troy (AKA- empijones)
Troy,
thanks for this information. I browsed on ebay, there are actually a couple of bullet-style mufflers. Can you post a link?
Thanks,
Peter
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 19:38:44 pm »

Thanks
Troy (AKA- empijones)
Troy,
thanks for this information. I browsed on ebay, there are actually a couple of bullet-style mufflers. Can you post a link?
Thanks,
Peter

do a seller search on ebay.com for empijones and you will fine it.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 15:06:15 pm »

Here you go !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cal-Look-Aircooled-NOS-VW-Racing-street-A-1-Muffler-v-band-bullet-empi-/110798452610?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cc1a3782
Udo

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 18:48:02 pm »

http://www.burnsstainless.com/

These are nice ones  Smiley

Udo

gator_push

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 17:00:08 pm »

http://www.burnsstainless.com/

These are nice ones  Smiley

Udo
Indeed. Which size do you recommend Udo?
Udo

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 19:21:36 pm »

Next year you have enough power , so you do not have to look for the weight  Smiley

I think 3" is ok , but i have someone who changes a stinger  to a muffler , i will try this . i need another one too next year because i can not run the 2 mufflers with wheeliebars

Udo

gator_push

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 15:51:32 pm »

Next year you have enough power , so you do not have to look for the weight  Smiley
So be it. Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: