The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 20:27:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  The kind of people we have on the Lounge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The kind of people we have on the Lounge  (Read 2921 times)
nlvtinman

« on: March 12, 2013, 01:15:22 am »

A little more than a week ago I questioned where to get old style Koni decals for my shock absorbers. I had a couple of great replies with information.
Well, one Lounger in particular stepped up and really did things right. I got mail today from the UK in which he sent me enough decals to take care of my needs, and a couple to spare.
And I asked him more that once how much I'd owe him?  And to that, He never asked for anything.

Paul, You are a gentleman and a True credit to our VW loving world. I can't Thank You enough.
sincerely,
Steve Walker
61SNRF

Der Selten Kafers Charter Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:20 am »

I think what you have just described is a good example of "what goes around comes around" in the best way possible.
I know Steve to have done many similar senseless acts of kindness and generosity within the VW community over the past 35+ years.
With so many good souls here on the CLL it was only a matter of time before he was on the receiving end.

Right on Steve, and big thanks to Paul too!
Donny B.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 04:21:08 am »

This is a great place....

Don Bulitta
Wolfsburg Registry
plasticblack

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 19:15:39 pm »

Well, one Lounger in particular stepped up and really did things right. I got mail today from the UK in which he sent me enough decals to take care of my needs, and a couple to spare.
And I asked him more that once how much I'd owe him?  And to that, He never asked for anything.

Paul, You are a gentleman and a True credit to our VW loving world. I can't Thank You enough.
sincerely,
Steve Walker
[/quote]

Hi Steve

I'm glad that those decals helped you out. It's my pleasure.  Smiley

I'd had them laying around my study for ages and I glad that they are of use to 'fellow loungers'.

I'm just setting up a website to offer my old stuff to enthusiasts and some detailing services to help keep me sane.

If anyone needs help or even advice, I'm more than happy to help if I can. It's not a business it's my hobby, which I'm glad that I share with all you guys  Grin

fish

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 00:42:02 am »

Paul, you are a credit to our society.

I bet there are so called enthusiasts reading your post rubbing their hands and seeing dollar signs.

Had a fight with a Magneto, it won!
nlvtinman

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 00:56:30 am »

Paul,
Since I couldn't do something more personal to return this great favor you wrought, it was the very least I could do to let the Lounge know what a great friend you are.   Again, THANKS!
In building my '67, which those who know me know me seemed to know is taking me a near lifetime, there are those who's help will never be overlooked or forgotten.  you have certainly become in that special group of friends.

Bruce,what an I even begin to say? How nice of you to post such kind comments about this 'ol guy. Thanks to you too!

Steve
pupjoint

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 16:15:42 pm »

thanks Paul! i got mine today.

all i did was to complain how the new decals suck!

very grateful indeed!!

all the way to Singapore!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: