The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 14:16:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  the most prized possession on your car.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: the most prized possession on your car.  (Read 8388 times)
TexasTom

12.58@106, 7.89@89 Texas Motorplex 10/18/09

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2009, 14:49:13 pm »

I guess the most prized possession on my car is the car itself. My uncle bought it in 1969 or so and I've had it since 1990. It's been in the same basic configuration for several years now, but since I've owned it, the car has been painted twice, had 5 sets of wheels, 3 floorpans, 12 transmissions, 4 interiors, 5 front beams, more engine combinations than I can remember, as well as a ton of other parts installed and removed. The body is about all thats left of the original car, but it's the last part I would ever sell.

So true ... the car itself would be the prized possession for me as well. My brother bought my '69 back in '71, he was the second owner. H edrove me to school in it when I was 6! 1st GRADE! It was one of the first 'hot rod' bugs in San Antonio back in those days. Oh the stories I could tell! Of course it has gone through many transformations through the years, at one point being a racecar. I finally bought it from him about 17 years ago, swapped motors between it and my '67 to go racing, and I started driving it on the street again. It's currently running my 2276 with the original IDAs (circa 1986), Okrassa crank, Fumio welded heads, and Berg 5 speed. Also have my 'original' Flat 4 BRMs I bought back when they first came out in the '90s from BFY!
The transformations continue ... new motor being built, chassis work in the future and redesigning the upholstery. Oh yeah, got a set of Fuchs (finally!) too ...

The car is affectionately referred to as 'WARP' due to personalized plates from the 80's ... 'WARP 2' ...

Cool post! Takes me back. Cheesy

Work, work, WORK!

Modesty accepted here ...
67worshipper

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2009, 17:35:52 pm »

its good to here the stories texastom Smiley keep it coming.lets ave some photos of the transformer Grin

vw hot rod heaven
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: