The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:59:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350685 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6820 Members
Latest Member: chicochemxli
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Current Pics of Marc Buehler's Split Window
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print
Author Topic: Current Pics of Marc Buehler's Split Window  (Read 156973 times)
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #420 on: September 20, 2010, 22:45:29 pm »

On the first screen of the thread pictures of the cars in front of the club house. My 1956 oval window light blue is parked between Ed Craig green split and Mark's red split. This was before I had it Cal Look. Great memories

Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #421 on: September 20, 2010, 23:30:35 pm »

It's been a while since I've updated this thread so here is a catch up.
Once the car was back from paint, I intended to spend some time working on my house but Seattle's summer seems to have been cut short, making my house plans difficult and then there is my shop filled with all those VW parts in the way. The car won that battle (or is it just an excuse?) and I've been obsessed with putting the car together. Every little thing takes so long to do it right (or maybe I'm just slow <grin>) but it will all be worth it.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Here I'm assembling the rear lights. Yes, I'm using the later tail lights with the heart shaped lens.....because I like them.

I'm using LED "bulbs".

My collection of license plates. The Washington 1951 plate (hard to find), the personalized California plate I was running, and the 1951 California plate.

The back of car with fender beading, lights, deck latch, and plate installed.  Just needs glass
Hi Marc Car is looking Great But I have A Question I always thought the L Handle on the Deck Lid Pointed up when Locked? thats the way most of the Stock Splits I have seen have been???
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:59:00 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2010, 00:22:39 am »

Marc, you're doing a great job on that car... it's turning out awesome.

Wow, a chromed back seat. That's a first for the California Look! Must be a Seattle thing....

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
marc1951

« Reply #423 on: September 21, 2010, 04:17:11 am »

Wow, a chromed back seat. That's a first for the California Look! Must be a Seattle thing....

Yes, it reflects the small amount of sun light we get up here and actually generates enough UV to necessitate sun screen-20.....up to 14 days out of the year.

The legendary DRA car club
(Der Rennmeister Association)
marc1951

« Reply #424 on: September 21, 2010, 04:50:25 am »

It's been a while since I've updated this thread so here is a catch up.
Once the car was back from paint, I intended to spend some time working on my house but Seattle's summer seems to have been cut short, making my house plans difficult and then there is my shop filled with all those VW parts in the way. The car won that battle (or is it just an excuse?) and I've been obsessed with putting the car together. Every little thing takes so long to do it right (or maybe I'm just slow <grin>) but it will all be worth it.

Hi Marc Car is looking Great But I have A Question I always thought the L Handle on the Deck Lid Pointed up when Locked? thats the way most of the Stock Splits I have seen have been???

That's a good question...............The handle can go either way and pointing down indicates a non stock split (yea, that sounds good)..........or maybe it has always been pointing down ever since I owned the car. I've seen them both ways and pointing up looks funny to me. Oh and it is unlocked when up or down.  I thought about modifying it to be vertical when locked and maybe I will try it someday on my spare handle.

Marc

marc1951

« Reply #425 on: September 21, 2010, 04:57:34 am »

On the first screen of the thread pictures of the cars in front of the club house. My 1956 oval window light blue is parked between Ed Craig green split and Mark's red split. This was before I had it Cal Look. Great memories

Frenchy
I'll be dammed.......I didn't realize that. So cool.

Marc
DRA

edcraig

« Reply #426 on: September 21, 2010, 05:27:47 am »

Wow Marc,  The car is looking so good.  I can't wait to see it.  Going to be a fun Bug In next year!  We need to talk to Rich Kimball to see if he'll give us some room for our DRA...err...I mean legendary....(pause)... DRA display.  It'll be another red and green car on display 30 years after the first.

Frenchy...are you in too?!

..Ed

From the the legendary......D....R....A.
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #427 on: September 21, 2010, 08:46:21 am »

Ed
     You guys crack me up I will be there Rich wants me to bring the 52 split to advertise the next treffen show. Soon or later I will have to do the ghia.

Thanks !
     Frenchy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:48:09 am by Frenchy Dehoux » Logged

marc1951

« Reply #428 on: September 23, 2010, 03:36:23 am »

Wow Marc,  The car is looking so good.  I can't wait to see it.  Going to be a fun Bug In next year!  We need to talk to Rich Kimball to see if he'll give us some room for our DRA...err...I mean legendary....(pause)... DRA display.  It'll be another red and green car on display 30 years after the first.

Frenchy...are you in too?!

..Ed

From the the legendary......D....R....A.

Thanks, I'm only doing this for the DRA display.

Let's see if we can get some more original DRA members to come, we could have a huge showing........with a To#¤ta Prius, Ford Mustang, a Smart car and maybe one of those Korean "ice boxes"....
Frenchy didn't sound very excited.......and I was counting on him.  Grin
I was hoping there would be more to share that huge amount of money that was left from the club dues and we invested in Microsoft.....
It's looking like you and me, Ed. What are you going to do with your share? I'm thinking of buying Russell's collection of cars and bringing them to the States.

I'm still trying to get the Reverend to make you a split window insert for your Ghia.

Marc Buehler
Exalted Grand Poobah of the legendary DRA

edcraig

« Reply #429 on: September 23, 2010, 05:22:58 am »

With my share.......I'll probabaly buy Sofia Vergara.
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #430 on: September 23, 2010, 06:27:56 am »

Marc / Ed

I will be in town on the 7th to the 9 th of October with my 1932 Hot Rod I will be talking with Rich Kimball about the DRA Display for the Bug In. On the Friday night October the 9th I will be on main street in Garden Grove for the Friday night cruise and Saturday morning for Donuts and Coffee in Irvine..

Frenchy

edcraig

« Reply #431 on: September 23, 2010, 07:09:06 am »

All joking aside..I do think having Marc and his car at the next Bug in is kinda a big deal.  The car hasn't been seen in 25 plus years and is a icon in the Cal look and VW club world. I saw Rich at the last Pomona swap and mentioned this to him.  Rich doesn't know me that well, so I think your input would be good also.

Thanks Frenchy. 
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #432 on: September 30, 2010, 07:05:51 am »

Marc / Ed

I have talked to Rich yesterday on my way to Bakersfield to pick up a Call looker with a friend Don Musselwhite. Rich liked the idea to have club display at the Bug In next year. Bring your tables and jackets T shirts etc and we will give you a spot to display your cars. Call me if you need help with it. See if you can locate other members from DRA

Frenchy
    Cell # ( 602 ) 7231047

marc1951

« Reply #433 on: September 30, 2010, 20:26:48 pm »

Marc / Ed

I have talked to Rich yesterday on my way to Bakersfield to pick up a Call looker with a friend Don Musselwhite. Rich liked the idea to have club display at the Bug In next year. Bring your tables and jackets T shirts etc and we will give you a spot to display your cars. Call me if you need help with it. See if you can locate other members from DRA

Frenchy
    Cell # ( 602 ) 7231047

Way to go, Ed...... Angry
Frenchy called your bluff.....

Now...not only do I have to finish my car, figure a way to get it to So Cal, find a place to garage it, where to stay, etc. but now I've got this almost impossible task of setting up a DRA display (The Legendary DRA, that is). Where in Hell am I going to find tables ? <grin> Grin

Do they have 440 volt power there so we can use the air conditioner for the circus tent? Roll Eyes

Grand Poobah of The Legendary DRA

Thanks Frenchy..you're a good guy Kiss

bugnut68

« Reply #434 on: October 01, 2010, 01:57:04 am »

I recently acquired a children's book from the early '70s called 'VW Bugs" by Ed Radlauer.  There were a lot of pics that I'm sure many on here would be interested in seeing, but I want to say that this car (in its green version) was in the book, looked like it had BRMS with whitewalls, of all things... it appears to be displayed as part of Love Bug Days at Disneyland or something like that... not sure if its the same car, as I can't see the license plate number in the first page's club photo.
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #435 on: October 01, 2010, 02:34:32 am »

You are correct the car belongs to Ed Craig as I have the same book in my library.

Frenchy

edcraig

« Reply #436 on: October 01, 2010, 05:43:10 am »

Yep..that was my car at Dismalland...err...I mean Disneyland.  It was for the premier of the movie...Herbie, the Love Bug.  The cars had to be decorated for the event, so mine was a 50's low rider...complete with painted on whitewalls and green dingle balls in the windows.  I have pics of the event I can post.  I'm currently in Las Vegas for our national dealer show so I'll do it when I get home.
edcraig

« Reply #437 on: October 01, 2010, 05:53:38 am »

Good news about the legendary DRA display at the Bug in.  Good job Frenchy! 

Marc...we would probably leave the DRA semi trailer back at the clubhouse this time and just keep the display simple.  Maybe just two cars this time!  :-)

speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #438 on: October 01, 2010, 12:31:37 pm »

Wink

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Rennsurfer

« Reply #439 on: October 01, 2010, 14:13:29 pm »

Whitewalls, stick on flames, and back when Disneyland was real. Great historical photos.

~Sarge
bugnut68

« Reply #440 on: October 01, 2010, 16:47:39 pm »

My suspicions confirmed!  I'll try to scan some pics from the book in a separate thread when I have a chance. Grin
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #441 on: October 01, 2010, 16:49:30 pm »

DKK Fred did your club have a display at the Bug In this past year? If not would your club like to have an area where DKP / DRA would have their display and possibly see if we can have more club from the days show up as well. Let me know

Thanks
  Frenchy

Rennsurfer

« Reply #442 on: October 04, 2010, 06:13:30 am »

DKK Fred did your club have a display at the Bug In this past year? If not would your club like to have an area where DKP / DRA would have their display and possibly see if we can have more club from the days show up as well. Let me know

Thanks
  Frenchy

Frenchy, I apologize for the late reply on this... but, yes we've had our club display cars at the last three Bug-In events (2008, 2009, & 2010). And we would be honored to be next to the other historic clubs.

At any rate, thank you very much for the kind offer.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:04:16 am by DKK_Fred » Logged

~Sarge
edcraig

« Reply #443 on: October 05, 2010, 03:54:16 am »

Who is DRA?!  What the ...??!!   Has the world gone mad??   ;-)

edcraig

« Reply #444 on: October 05, 2010, 03:56:34 am »

One more.
Rennsurfer

« Reply #445 on: October 05, 2010, 04:03:18 am »

Sorry... momentary lapse of reason. Haven't seen one of those cars or stickers in many years.

~Sarge
edcraig

« Reply #446 on: October 05, 2010, 20:24:29 pm »

No sweat.  Just joking more than anything.  There were a lot of good clubs back then.  hard to remember all of them.  I think my friend Frenchy seems to forget he was in DRA too!  ;-)   Actually, Frenchy...if you read this, can you post a picture of the design we used for the Bug in program.  Dame one we used on our t shirts.  (the one with your car and mine).  I still have the original photo, but don't have a copy of the final print.

Thanks!

Ed
founder of the legendary DRA.
Russell

« Reply #447 on: October 05, 2010, 21:27:39 pm »

so marc, how many cars do you want and hw many BRMS do you need plus the 2 i owe you......

I can pack 4 per container  Grin

Best Regards

Russell
Rev. Bob

« Reply #448 on: October 06, 2010, 20:30:37 pm »

Hi Ed,

Don't worry, I have seen some Ghis's with split windows and it is just wrong. You have to remember about Marc's filled quarter windows and that lovely engine cover on his corvaired bug. THE RED ONE IS LOOKING GREAT?

Rev. Bob

Ghias Rule
marc1951

« Reply #449 on: October 07, 2010, 03:13:01 am »

so marc, how many cars do you want and hw many BRMS do you need plus the 2 i owe you......

I can pack 4 per container  Grin

4 per container? That's going to take an entire ship! I think I'm going to need to build a bigger garage.

Marc Grin

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: