The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 06:17:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350885 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  UK DRAG DAY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: UK DRAG DAY  (Read 7333 times)
DRAG-DAY

« on: May 18, 2009, 09:13:22 am »

A big thanks to everyone for working so hard getting your cars out to the track and to everyone who chipped in along the way to help.

The weekend was awesome, and even though the weather did kick us in the nuts it was a real buzz to see so many real performance aircooled cars there.

One last thing, could all racers interested in receiving information regarding the 'Rennwagens/JG54/ACE Invitational Round 2' later this year please drop a line to drag-day@live.co.uk and you will be sent relevant information regarding the day (NO junk mail!).

Again, thanks to you all, we hope you enjoyed it.

UK DRAG DAY TEAM.

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:00 am »

And on a personal note I would like to say the spirit of camraderie in the pits was second to none. I turned up with a car that was far from running well and left with one broke (hahah, but thats another story!). BUT before I broke it on the startline it had been trasnformed from a dog to something that actually ended up running pretty well.

Big Thanks to Martin who was an absolute star never afraid to muck in (and also take the piss!), also for keeping me dry over the weekend in the tent, to Daz from Aircooled performance and Donkers for the great advice, to Leec and his Dad for helping me so much, they really got stuck in, to Pete for helping me with the wiring and ribbing me into not giving up, big bro Mark for heading home while on the way to the Pod to bring me his turbo setup in case bits of mine were playing up and lastly to my bro Lee for... well most of it!

THANK YOU.

it wouldn't have been here  \/  \/  \/ without you. Shame it only lasted about 1.5 seconds....

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:44 am »

Congratulations to all involved! Cool

Sorry the weather didn't behave itself better, but it still sounds like everyone had fun!  Anyone got a list of times?

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:12:59 am »

Congratulations to all involved! Cool

Sorry the weather didn't behave itself better, but it still sounds like everyone had fun!  Anyone got a list of times?
Cheers Keith, we'll sort through the list of times it and get one posted up. Not very good conditions unfortunately, very slippy off the startline and quite blustery too.... but the one thing we could never control was the weather and we just had to go with a date, thats the way it goes in the UK unfortunately.

How's your acupuncture go? If I'd known I would have brought some pins and asked you to head down to the Pod anyway hehehe...  Cheesy  Wink

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:23:00 am »

How's your acupuncture go? If I'd known I would have brought some pins and asked you to head down to the Pod anyway hehehe...  Cheesy  Wink
Shocked Shocked Shocked Getting the pins stuck in on Wednesday... Gulp.

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
negawskloV

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:00:22 am »

Thanks to all involved... I had a great time!  Cool

'66 Sea Sand Bug 132CI N/A type1
another '66, a '73 Porsche 914s 2.0 & a '74 Porsche 914 2.0
... and not enough parking space!
alfie the monster

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 14:40:50 pm »

I ran a new PB of 13.7 launching at 2500 rpm. The last run involved a rolling second gear burnout and launching at 4000 rpm, no traction off the line and a 13.9 qtr, but I crossed the line at 103mph  Shocked

There's a lot more to come I think  Grin

Team Jamie hard at work  Wink

JG54 Grunherz
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 15:01:43 pm »

Yeah, we're all scratching our arses wondering what to do next!!!!

Made up for you with the pb mate, there's loads to come out of that I reckon! Johnny W. and Large in wheel's up shocker's too! Game on....  Grin

alfie the monster

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 15:13:54 pm »

A bit more practice with my new motor, a pro drag and I think there's a wheels up 12 in mine  Cheesy

Although Poe's got me wanting a turbo after taking me out in his Saturday night  Shocked

JG54 Grunherz
vwcab

peter

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 17:48:11 pm »

Are there any pics of this event?

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
alfie the monster

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 17:49:14 pm »

Yup, very soon there will be  Grin

JG54 Grunherz
peach_

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 19:27:47 pm »

I ran a new PB of 13.7 launching at 2500 rpm. The last run involved a rolling second gear burnout and launching at 4000 rpm, no traction off the line and a 13.9 qtr, but I crossed the line at 103mph  Shocked

There's a lot more to come I think  Grin

Team Jamie hard at work  Wink

hahahaha, I was Hiding In the Van at this stage...................didnt Wanna get my hair wet lol Smiley

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

SAS RENN-WAGENS and proud

#CALLOOKDRAGS
gyles

I'm too old for this shit.

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 20:03:05 pm »

Can I keep my time classified, I has some issues.  Mostly the teq I drank on saturday night Shocked
As a former drag virgin I had a wicked weekend, even though the weather was not with us.  But it's all about being one happy vw family anyway aint it Grin
Big thanks to everyone who organised the drag day, put me down for the next one Wink  Thanks to Leec and his old man for feeding me and mat on saturday night.  More planning with my rations needed for next year me thinks Roll Eyes
Heres to some runs in the 14's next time  Grin

F.W.R.

ET 12.5s on road treads, 12.4s on slicks @ 109.95mph.  Shakey, 29/05/11
peach_

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 20:13:28 pm »

Can I keep my time classified, I has some issues.  Mostly the teq I drank on saturday night Shocked
As a former drag virgin I had a wicked weekend, even though the weather was not with us.  But it's all about being one happy vw family anyway aint it Grin
Big thanks to everyone who organised the drag day, put me down for the next one Wink  Thanks to Leec and his old man for feeding me and mat on saturday night.  More planning with my rations needed for next year me thinks Roll Eyes

When you Started eating the curry and everyone around you left was a pisser!! lol

Wicked weekend, Roll on DD2!

1966 java green looker- 2276 Street Machine, with standard gear box@ 14.5 (2013), With Pro Street Box @ 13.5 (2014), still more to come!

#CALLOOKDRAGS
allmenplayon10

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 20:16:20 pm »

When you Started eating the curry and everyone around you left was a pisser!! lol

I thought Gyles' beer landing on my shoes was funny, but when the plate of curry came out - there was noooo way i was hanging about. I set a PB for vacating a tent  Cheesy
Great weekend

All men play on 10
Never gonna turn down again

1961 Type1 Cal
GreenTom

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 21:04:00 pm »

I thought Gyles' beer landing on my shoes was funny, but when the plate of curry came out - there was noooo way i was hanging about. I set a PB for vacating a tent  Cheesy
Great weekend

yes that was terryfing Cheesy first "that's only beer" (I was wondering if its a glas...) and then the curry... I think that Johny was runnig as fast from the tent as he drag on sunday Cheesy
thanx for really awsome weekend.
I've got few of You on my video Cheesy I'll try to put it somehow together and I'll poste it.

See ya nex time.

Aircooled Performance Gear
Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
gyles

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 21:18:51 pm »

to be honest it all got a bit sketchy around the beer and curry incident  Tongue can't recall much after.
it must have been the homebrew that did that  Shocked powerful stuff.  Good work beer brewing fella Grin

F.W.R.

GreenTom

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 21:33:26 pm »

are you talking about that potato wine?

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
lofty1971

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 22:11:56 pm »

Although Poe's got me wanting a turbo after taking me out in his Saturday night  Shocked

Wash your mouth out!!  Angry Grin
lofty1971

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 22:13:40 pm »

And on a personal note I would like to say the spirit of camraderie in the pits was second to none. I turned up with a car that was far from running well and left with one broke (hahah, but thats another story!). BUT before I broke it on the startline it had been trasnformed from a dog to something that actually ended up running pretty well.

Big Thanks to Martin who was an absolute star never afraid to muck in (and also take the piss!), also for keeping me dry over the weekend in the tent, to Daz from Aircooled performance and Donkers for the great advice, to Leec and his Dad for helping me so much, they really got stuck in, to Pete for helping me with the wiring and ribbing me into not giving up, big bro Mark for heading home while on the way to the Pod to bring me his turbo setup in case bits of mine were playing up and lastly to my bro Lee for... well most of it!

THANK YOU.

it wouldn't have been here  \/  \/  \/ without you. Shame it only lasted about 1.5 seconds....

Really felt gutted for you mate.  Had seen the hard work you had put into getting it there and then to see you pull up at the start line I thought this will be a good run.......then bang!!  Hope you got it sorted  Smiley
gyles

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 19:20:08 pm »

are you talking about that potato wine?

I think you could have given me anything and I would have drunk it by then.   Grin

F.W.R.

GreenTom

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 17:02:32 pm »

hmm yes.. I think You were in that typical condition Smiley after drinking a bottle of tequila Smiley as I remember... nut eaven though You were funny Smiley
cheers and see You next time when I'll be in UK.

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
peach_

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 23:30:32 pm »

Great weekend

yes that was terryfing Cheesy first "that's only beer" (I was wondering if its a glas...) and then the curry... I think that Johny was runnig as fast from the tent as he drag on sunday Cheesy
I've got few of You on my video Cheesy I'll try to put it somehow together and I'll poste it.

See ya nex time.

Was great to put a name to a face tom, Let us know when u put that video up would be cool to watch and we'll have to get you some proprer Sausages for DD2  Wink Cheesy

#CALLOOKDRAGS
GreenTom

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2009, 00:06:27 am »

Great weekend

See ya nex time.

Was great to put a name to a face tom, Let us know when u put that video up would be cool to watch and we'll have to get you some proprer Sausages for DD2  Wink Cheesy
Hi peach Smiley
that was nice to meet You too. Good that You had oportunity tu race on sunday. 
I'll try to get propper polish sausages next time Smiley
I talked to my friend who will do the vifeo as it should be Smiley only problem is the time Smiley but he is really keen to work on that movie.
here are some of his videos about their practice car Smiley
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv4IVf9OZKw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv4IVf9OZKw</a> (just wait till the end... Cheesy )
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6TYGlhUSLQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/R6TYGlhUSLQ</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsLUkE9CrZA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jsLUkE9CrZA</a>
I just love his work Smiley (by the way His a damn good driver)

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
peach_

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2009, 20:09:03 pm »

Great weekend

See ya nex time.

Hi peach Smiley
I talked to my friend who will do the vifeo as it should be Smiley only problem is the time Smiley but he is really keen to work on that movie.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv4IVf9OZKw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv4IVf9OZKw</a> (just wait till the end... Cheesy )
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6TYGlhUSLQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/R6TYGlhUSLQ</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsLUkE9CrZA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/jsLUkE9CrZA</a>

Hahaha thats Awesome! The editing Is Fantastic, did you edit it tom?

He Is a Good Drive! that Van Is ACE!!! Shocked Cheesy Grin Cool

#CALLOOKDRAGS
gyles

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2009, 17:44:01 pm »

Great weekend

See ya nex time.

Hi peach Smiley

Thats just wicked. Cool
Digging that air filter scratch mixing! Cool Grin

F.W.R.

Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2009, 21:42:05 pm »

good to meet you last week end

Look forward to seeing you back on the strip Wink

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
pughdog

www.Jagerbug.com

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 22:39:30 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3mAbfY7npb4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/3mAbfY7npb4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hYm5DM66j58" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/hYm5DM66j58</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kpfZz97be-I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/kpfZz97be-I</a>

Grin

GreenTom

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 22:45:12 pm »

unfortunetly isn't my editing. its my friend Smiley the VAN and Fiat driver Smiley
I just love his work so I've put those videos here... Smiley
I hope his movie will be as good as the others.

PS... the air cleaner mixing was grate Wink and the van drifft Cheesy just sick...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 22:58:49 pm by GreenTom » Logged

Quick Stick Performance
www.QuickStickVW.com
gyles

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 08:37:45 am »

good to meet you last week end

Look forward to seeing you back on the strip Wink

Morning Mr Rocket.  Difficult to tell who's who on this forum still (I am a bit slow me! Roll Eyes).  Should your avatar also show a white '73 1200 bug?  Or have I got the wrong Ron Huh

F.W.R.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: