The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 11:41:16 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351099 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  RSK Racecar with a difference
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RSK Racecar with a difference  (Read 7215 times)
ianmac

« on: May 27, 2009, 23:57:20 pm »

A little project in progress still plenty to do!, not very cal-look I am afraid... I am hoping in will fit under the 'race' banner?

Based on a type one floorpan it is a Porsche RSK replica. Bought off the previous owner as many boxes of bits, all of the chassis cage construction had been done for previous owner by Jon Rathbone along with all of the pretty bead rolled alu panelling which has been powdercoated red. The shell was an unusual pink when I got the car so it was blasted with a more suiting shade of Pewter Metallic grey.

Car runs on Ercos (need some bigger high profile tyres for the rear), massively narrowed front and rear end. I intend to use the car on the street and I have my old 2276cc IDA motor lined up which should ensure the car goes good!

What do you guys think? Grin

63 ripper

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 07:56:52 am »

Saw the chassis at sandown park one year. very nice. met your brother recently and he told me about this car and the other one you picked up at the same time. another favourite of mine,would love to see some photos of that !
good luck with your spyder

JG54

twelve-zeros, back in the day.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 15:41:46 pm »

Shocked Shocked Shocked............ Cool

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
streetvw

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 23:16:47 pm »

is this the one that was originally built by Adrian Bird? I remember seeing it in Jon Rath's workshop not long after he started the business and it looked real good then ould be nice to see it out on the track  Cool
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:06:28 am »

VERY VERY nice!!

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:57:43 am »

Adrian Birds old car,

Very nice.

I like the new colour.

Martin

9 sec street car, its just simply not fast enough

Swing axle to CV convertion is on the website now

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
ianmac

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 20:25:38 pm »

Yes its Birdies old car, you may remember it many moons ago. It was in VWorld mag in 1993, birdie later stripped it and had Jon Rathbone redo the chassis, all chomoly cage which Adrian had double powdercoated, grey with black veins. He mocked up the chassis and displayed it at the VWorld show probably 6 years ago, but never got completed. He also had Jon bead roll all of the interior alu panels, which I have to say is a work of art and certainly a testament to Jons work.

Adrian always has some truly great (and wild) ideas, not just with this car but for those who really remember his rad Ghia. His Ghia was built for the Volksworld show, he rolled it in and collected a load of prizes including best of show, had a photoshoot took it home and it never saw light of day again. The result of the photoshoot got 5 magazine features- not bad for a car never completed, or driven and only shown once !!

Adrian really is a terrific guy with an absolute eye for the smallest detail, and I was fortunate enough to buy both the Spyder and his Ghia (after many years of asking), my aim is to get the Spyder completed and usuable first and hopefully the Ghia later. Some of you may know Adrian is working on another project at the moment which I think will be even wilder Grin
Paul Reveres Ghia

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 21:30:31 pm »

I always wondered what happened to the Ghia- I remember seeing the RSK at VW in chassis form but I thought the Ghia must of long been sold to japan or something! Congratulations on your purchase- would love to see more pics of the Ghia sometime..... Wink
vwcab

peter

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 21:49:41 pm »

I like that spyder a lot,something special.Do you also have pics of that Ghia?(don't know that car)  Wink
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 21:51:32 pm by vwcab » Logged

'72 standard käfer
'74 cal-look project
'78 1303 cabrio
'12 Triumph street triple

ESCARABAJO's CALIENTEs
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 21:58:17 pm »

the Ghia was just being finished as my 52 was being started. (years and years ago now!) there's so many trick bits on it, cool car.

Take a look on the paintbox's website in the section 'past cars' theres a picture of it there.

Martin

Martin

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 22:03:41 pm »

Some of you may know Adrian is working on another project at the moment which I think will be even wilder Grin

Adrian Bird's Ghia is one of my all time favourite cars and I so nearly did a deal with him last year for the ownership! Wish I had a little more cash at the time as I would love to have that car sitting in my garage every morning when I open the shutter Cool. Anyway, I reckon it has gone to a good home and the chances of the project coming to completion in the next year or two are pretty high. Can't wait to see it done; along with the awesome Spider of course Wink.

Adrian's new ride is coming on nicely.  I am sworn to secrecy, but suffice to say, there are more than a few cool tricks and details on his new hot rod style Bug. I am involved in the project at the mo building him a mad little engine with some lovely old period parts mixed with some modern, crazy ideas. I have just finished the custom fabricated exhaust and am pretty sure it's going to turn a few heads! Especially the boys in blue as it's quite controversial, shall we say Grin. Matt

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
Neil Davies

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 09:43:05 am »

the Ghia was just being finished as my 52 was being started. (years and years ago now!) there's so many trick bits on it, cool car.

Take a look on the paintbox's website in the section 'past cars' theres a picture of it there.

Martin

That is a long time ago - your '52 has been "in progress" for ages! Shocked It was in Paintbox in bare metal and yellow primer when I first went down there to look at my race car! I remember the Ghia though, beautiful car, and far too good to be hiding away. Smiley

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Martin

Cash Converter....

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 10:10:07 am »

you know its been in 'progress' for years and years!, its about time i started another one and put everything ive learnt into a new car.

Martin

Martin

www.taylormachine.co.uk

OFF/500
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 15:16:32 pm »

superb  Tongue Shocked

please more pictures
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 09:20:49 am »

now THAT is seriously cool.

Cool Cool Cool

Balloo

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 23:51:05 pm »

That looks awesome Ian Shocked

Cant wait to see it on the road. Brings back many many fond memories helping Adrian work on the car.

lets just hope Ade takes the camera ( or i hide in the boot of his car) next time he visits his new ride so i can see what all the fuss is about Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: