The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:52:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351056 Posts in 28638 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Outlaw Flat Four and Der Autobahn Scrapers! Today!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Outlaw Flat Four and Der Autobahn Scrapers! Today!  (Read 5566 times)
Neil Davies

« on: May 31, 2009, 10:06:22 am »

Morning all! I know that this should probably be in Happenings, but hell, I'm here at a dragstrip and there are too many cool cars to not tell you all about it!
We're at Shakespeare County Raceway today, with the Outlaw Flat Four and DAS racers - Bernard Newbury, Dave Dinning, Andy Marriot, Pete Englezos and other O/FF members with and without cars,  and Shrek, Laurent, Arnaud, Vanessa and some more from DAS, who seem to be doing laps! Also, Adele and Steve have their new car in the pits and I know they're trrying to get on track today, and Karl Donovan has his tube chassis bug out for the first time in almost ten years! I can hear some of the VWs getting fired up from here in my little caravan, so I'm going to go and watch some racing!
Anyone fancy it, the weather has been fantastic! And there are some RWYB places too, might be of interest to anyone with a quick VW!

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 15:33:11 pm »

pictures Huh

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Udo

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 16:04:08 pm »

Good to hear that you have fine weather . I wish i could be there too . Good luck and low et's to everyone who is racing

Udo

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 19:34:24 pm »

What a great day , top people and droping time's ace , Sorry no pix as I had Rocket Ron's camara and was happy pointing it at everything  Roll Eyes
Great to see Adele out in the car geting some seat time in  Cool Cool 

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Germanlkmanx

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 19:51:10 pm »

I was gonna come to but burst an oil cooler. Sad

How did the blue car run? I love what They've done with it, my Volksworld highlight this year. Wish I'd come down to watch...dammit.

Neil - You'll have to let me know next time you guys are heading out...

tom.
Adele AW

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 23:06:36 pm »

WooHoo Smiley

Thanks to several people, or should i say ALOT of people, i managed to get out on the track today. Ran a 16, 15 and 14 with 95mph on the last run.

I just wanted to make sure it ran straight and everything felt ok! We didnt bring the car back from Wayne's until 7pm Saturday night minus engine and box then stayed up until 1.30am putting everything back together.

Thanks mainly to Steve, The Allmanator, Martin, Stoo, Bernie, Pete E, Ian Clarke and Lee Maynard. Real big help, and all had a hand in getting the car out. Thankyou Smiley Thanks to others for the loan of tools too Smiley

This was a real bonus this weekend as we really didnt think we would be out Cheesy

Adele

O/FF 621
pughdog

www.Jagerbug.com

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 23:40:22 pm »

WooHoo Smiley

Thanks to several people, or should i say ALOT of people, i managed to get out on the track today. Ran a 16, 15 and 14 with 95mph on the last run.

I just wanted to make sure it ran straight and everything felt ok! We didnt bring the car back from Wayne's until 7pm Saturday night minus engine and box then stayed up until 1.30am putting everything back together.

Thanks mainly to Steve, The Allmanator, Martin, Stoo, Bernie, Pete E, Ian Clarke and Lee Maynard. Real big help, and all had a hand in getting the car out. Thankyou Smiley Thanks to others for the loan of tools too Smiley

This was a real bonus this weekend as we really didnt think we would be out Cheesy

Adele

Wink great job everyone

I can't wait to see it run in the flesh

EBI here we come  Grin

ESH

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 00:09:06 am »

... WooHoo ...

That is one sweet race car, congratulations all. Cool

Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 18:03:06 pm »

Next time out you got to run a 12.99 or quicker Adele. Tongue Cheesy Grin

Hahaha your killing me.........
Germanlkmanx

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 18:46:00 pm »

... WooHoo ...

That is one sweet race car, congratulations all. Cool

proper!
Turbo_Rich

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 19:29:38 pm »

Looks more like Calafornia than Warwickshire  Shocked Well done on getting the car out Adelle. Wish we could have been there, saw some of the cars on the way back from Stonor- stunning Cool
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 20:40:49 pm »

What a fantastic weekend, i'll stick some pics on the blog later on, here's a taster Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
alfie the monster

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 22:12:51 pm »

Awesome car Adele  Cool

JG54 Grunherz
yvre

Der Autobahn Scrapers

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 22:54:31 pm »

What an awesome weekend...

I would like to thank all the OFF members for the fantastic welcome we received.
The atmosphere was great, the weather perfect, and there were a lot of nice cars on the strip.

A special thanks to Pete Englezos for making a 300 km drive to his shop (!) to get some parts to help Laurent repair his broken axle. Oh, and let’s not forget the people who cooked us a very nice chilli and some hot dogs on Saturday night.

I met a lot of other cool people – I hope to see you all guys this summer. If not, we will definitely come back next year!!!
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 20:36:01 pm »

just posted some here: http://callookvw.skynetblogs.be/  Grin

any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

YMCA
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 08:14:59 am »

nice pictures Ben. Looked a great day!

benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 08:29:17 am »

Saturday Night Feed Grin

YMCA
kev d

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 08:34:15 am »

Looks like it was a very cool meet!
Anyone post a new PB then?

Glad to see `stitch up` back out Bernie Cool

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body , but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit ... what a ride"
ESH

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:42:03 pm »

What an awesome weekend...

I would like to thank all the OFF members for the fantastic welcome we received.
The atmosphere was great, the weather perfect, and there were a lot of nice cars on the strip.

A special thanks to Pete Englezos for making a 300 km drive to his shop (!) to get some parts to help Laurent repair his broken axle. Oh, and let’s not forget the people who cooked us a very nice chilli and some hot dogs on Saturday night.

I met a lot of other cool people – I hope to see you all guys this summer. If not, we will definitely come back next year!!!

I've had a busy few days since so a little delayed but thanks to all of you for coming over here, it was great to see you and was a really cool weekend. For the guys with a busy few weeks ahead getting ready for EBI either organsing it or getting cars fixed up (!) all the best with that and see you again sometime soon.

Cool

Sarge

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 13:33:34 pm »

What's with all the sun and blue sky Shocked ??  Thanks for sharing the pics! Cool

DKP III
Neil Davies

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 14:58:51 pm »

What's with all the sun and blue sky Shocked ??  Thanks for sharing the pics! Cool

Well, we sacrificed a couple of virgins to the weather gods - thing is it took us ages to find them around Stratford... Wink

2007cc, 48IDFs, street car. 14.45@93 on pump fuel, treads, muffler and fanbelt. October 2017!
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 21:03:28 pm »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 21:14:20 pm by rocket ron » Logged

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Adele AW

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 21:25:50 pm »

Next time out you got to run a 12.99 or quicker Adele. Tongue Cheesy Grin

I think we can now officially out this one to bed :p  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

O/FF 621