The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 22:08:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6821 Members
Latest Member: LasseA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  Richie - Where is the Gasser Garage Located in Scotland?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Richie - Where is the Gasser Garage Located in Scotland?  (Read 3859 times)
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« on: June 30, 2009, 06:51:07 am »

Richie,

Just curious, having visited Scotland, where are you and your VW Gasser Garage are actually located?  Most of the pictures I've seen you post show really nice weather. What is the best time of year to visit Scotland?

My wife's family, the MORLEY's, are originally from Britain.  So we have roots in the British Isles. My grandmother was from Warrington, just outside Manchester. When I was there in the mid 70's, I remember the football fans for Manchester United going berserk when they played Newcastle.  Loved living there from 74 to 76. I have a lot of great memories and friends still there.  Actually lived in Harrogate, Sheffield, Tynemouth, Liverpool and Hull for a spell.

Definitely will have to plan a hiatus and visit you guys.

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:35 am »

Russell is from Aberdeen if I remember correctly.
And Scotland is beautiful!!

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:44:20 am »

Actually lived in Harrogate, Sheffield, Tynemouth, Liverpool and Hull for a spell.

All the finest spots Rick...  Grin

you missed out Stoke though hahaha

If you make it across the pond you're welcome to pop into sunny staffordshire too where you can sample real oatcakes... (not the scottish stuff they pass of as oatcakes).

Much of my family is from and/or living in Scotland, some in Edinburgh and some in the Islands & Highlands and I have to say they get some great weather compared to England. And nothing compares to Scots hospitality! I recommend a visit, just make sure you pack some fly repellent or you'll be chewed to bits by the midgies. You'll still get chewed, you'll just smell great while you're at it! Grin Cheesy

flatfire

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 20:28:26 pm »

If you come over Rick don't worry about midges on the East coast. Smiley They don't exist.
I'm about 60 miles from the Gasser garage. Carnoustie. Scotlands answer to Pebble beach.

Come and along and we will give the doddle bug a work out.

Your more than welcome
Peter

jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 09:51:36 am »

Pete don't tell me you get away witjh the Midgies on the East Coast? Is this true??!! My sister moves to Blairgowrie in the next few weeks, does Perth & that area escape it too?

flatfire

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 23:04:07 pm »

Yes Jamie its true, Blair is Midgie free. Perthshire is stunning. The birthplace of Pontius Pilate Smiley

When you visit give me a shout
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 09:27:19 am »

Will do Pete.

My mum & dad lived in Perthshire for most of the 1960's and rave about it all the time, and I have to agree its an amazing place, particularly in Autumn where the colours just go mad.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: