The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:36:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  Finally, new development step Pauter TIV roller tip rocker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Finally, new development step Pauter TIV roller tip rocker  (Read 2393 times)
Frallan

« on: November 15, 2008, 15:28:27 pm »

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=122187

Check out new information on potential release of Pauters TIV roller tip rockers.
If you wish to see them back on sales, cast your vote.

Frallan

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 21:19:39 pm »

So it is happening!
Don just sent me a message and said rockers can now be ordered.

Just place orders through normal Pauter sales channels.
Don himself will be out of office the beginning of July so do not expect his direct contact for the coming next 8-10 days.

Don quote:
"The type 4 units will be ready to ship very soon there is a limited number at this time due to unfinished shafts however there is an ample number of rockers on hand and more shafts are in the works as I write this correspondence.
The units will be sold in either bushed or roller bearing at shaft and all will provide for oil passage to shaft and valve/roller tip, also they will no longer be anodized just polished alum finish. cost is $495.00 set." end quote.

Jordy/DVK

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 14:49:33 pm »

I was just wondering... What are the benefits of Pauter rockers?
 Are they much lighter than standard rockers? (less angular moment > less alternating weight > less energy loss)
 Do they produce significantly less friction (less energy loss) due to the bearings and roller tips?

For me to invest $500,- for the Pauters they should provide a significant gain...

Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
  "The Full-Throttle Cruisers"

1951 medium brown splitwindow beetle (resto in progress)
1968 Cal-look(-a-like) (my daily driver)
tikimadness

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 14:31:09 pm »

I was just wondering... What are the benefits of Pauter rockers?
 Are they much lighter than standard rockers? (less angular moment > less alternating weight > less energy loss)
 Do they produce significantly less friction (less energy loss) due to the bearings and roller tips?

For me to invest $500,- for the Pauters they should provide a significant gain...

They have a taller ratio so you can use it in large engines with a smaller basediameter cam. And they don't brake Wink

Michael

member of team YAC ; the guys who write history.

GASSER GARAGE  a few friends creating history.

NIDGAFWYT
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: