The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 05:37:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351082 Posts in 28639 Topics by 6845 Members
Latest Member: DonA
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  SARGE ACHIEVES A MILESTONE !!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: SARGE ACHIEVES A MILESTONE !!!  (Read 8171 times)
Jim Ratto

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 20:38:32 pm »

nice work Sargie and Sharon. Keep on havin' fun.  Cool

Jim & Mary Ann
shorty

Don't bug me!

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 00:25:03 am »

Sharon (Mrs. "Sarge") here.....

Gosh!  I'm overwhelmed!!!  Thanks so much to all of you for your good wishes and to John for "spilling the beans" so to speak.  John neglected to tell you that Jim/Sarge was 12 years old and I was 10 when we got married.....HA!...we wish.

I can't believe Jim put that dorky picture on the website...geez.  But seriously, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to spend 40 years with.  Jim is the best!!!

Anyway...I don't very often post (only one other time, I think) but since I'm on here, I'm going to take the opportunity to say a few things.....

First of all, your website is really great!  Jim calls me into the computer room ALL the time and shows me the fantastic pictures and reads me the interesting and funny stories you have to tell....wonderful!  It's so neat to see what everyone is doing all over the world and how much VW's have drawn you all together.

What is the most amazing thing to me is that from Keith's book, DKP is known so much all over.  "Way back when" I enjoyed tagging along with Jim when he was first in the club.  Not only did DKP have their "boys" meeting every Sunday but we wives and girlfriends would meet with the guys almost every Saturday night to do something or cruise somewhere together.  That formed lifetime relationships that we're so thankful to have to this day.

But what is important NOW is the guys who are in the current club.  They are all so nice and their cars are just beautiful!  They are fantastic representatives of DKP and what a good VW club it is.  Jim is so pleased that they have let him become a part of their group and he has again formed another set of lifetime friends.  I like it too since it lets him do his own "thing" and I can do mine.  It's been great for both of us!

Enough blathering from me.  Thanks for listening and for being such a nice group of folks!!!

Sharon (Mrs. Sarge) Edmiston

Jim Ratto

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 00:28:57 am »

Welcome aboard Sharon! I remember your other post about the DKP rally nights, and "Whitfaced" hahaha
Still has to be one of the best stories ever posted here.  Cool

Make sure Jim takes you out this weekend like a gentleman should. No fair playing with his VW buddies.... Grin

see ya next time, & congrats again,
Jim R
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2009, 00:35:46 am »

Great to see you online Sharon!

Congratulations on keeping Jim in line for so many years... I'm sure it's not easy!  Wink

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2009, 00:44:59 am »

Hello, Sharon... this is Mark & Diana. Again, congrats on your 40 years together. I must disagree with you regarding one thing, however. The picture of you and Jim is quite the opposite of dorky. It's actually very cool and one of the many things that make up a memory in one's lifetime. I'm sure that picture puts a smile on more than one person's face as they view it.

Like Jim posted... make sure Jim takes you out this weekend. Oh... hiya, Jim.

Grin

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
larry mck

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 01:13:05 am »

40 years, that's great! I know it takes a lot of work to keep a marriage together half that long. Keep it working for many more. 
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 10:06:30 am »

Congrats to you two! Cheesy

Glitter don't make you faster.
johnl

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 15:56:44 pm »

Sharon (Mrs. "Sarge") here.....

Gosh!  I'm overwhelmed!!!  Thanks so much to all of you for your good wishes and to John for "spilling the beans" so to speak.  John neglected to tell you that Jim/Sarge was 12 years old and I was 10 when we got married.....HA!...we wish.

I can't believe Jim put that dorky picture on the website...geez.  But seriously, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to spend 40 years with.  Jim is the best!!!

Anyway...I don't very often post (only one other time, I think) but since I'm on here, I'm going to take the opportunity to say a few things.....

First of all, your website is really great!  Jim calls me into the computer room ALL the time and shows me the fantastic pictures and reads me the interesting and funny stories you have to tell....wonderful!  It's so neat to see what everyone is doing all over the world and how much VW's have drawn you all together.

What is the most amazing thing to me is that from Keith's book, DKP is known so much all over.  "Way back when" I enjoyed tagging along with Jim when he was first in the club.  Not only did DKP have their "boys" meeting every Sunday but we wives and girlfriends would meet with the guys almost every Saturday night to do something or cruise somewhere together.  That formed lifetime relationships that we're so thankful to have to this day.

But what is important NOW is the guys who are in the current club.  They are all so nice and their cars are just beautiful!  They are fantastic representatives of DKP and what a good VW club it is.  Jim is so pleased that they have let him become a part of their group and he has again formed another set of lifetime friends.  I like it too since it lets him do his own "thing" and I can do mine.  It's been great for both of us!

Enough blathering from me.  Thanks for listening and for being such a nice group of folks!!!

Sharon (Mrs. Sarge) Edmiston

"spilling the beans"  Really Sharon !!!  I never saw you spill one of those beans from Bob's Big Boy Bean Soup that you ate EVERY time the four of us were there.. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seriously, hope you both had a great day and I know that Jim did take you out for dinner.  My only question is was it MacDonalds or Burger King   Huh Huh Huh Huh

Love ya,  John

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 61 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2024

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Tony M

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 17:19:41 pm »

Very cool - Happy 40th  Sharon and Jim - A great milestone indeed. Congrats again.

Tony -

Life is too fast to drive a slow VW
Rob DVKK

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 03:48:08 am »

Hey Sarge and Sharon,

Congratulations, it's nice to know that it is still possible to balance it all. Happy 40th. I know I'd be around that long if there was tri tip every week Grin

Rob
Sarge

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 12:56:59 pm »

Thanks again for all the kind words, guys.... your comments are much appreciated. Cool Cool  Now, what was I doing the day man first walked on the moon..... Roll Eyes Kiss Kiss Grin

DKP III
johnl

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 17:29:46 pm »

Thanks again for all the kind words, guys.... your comments are much appreciated. Cool Cool  Now, what was I doing the day man first walked on the moon..... Roll Eyes Kiss Kiss Grin

Possibly you were reading your TV Guide looking for old re-runs of Howdy Doody  Huh Huh Huh   Grin Grin

Volkswagens Limited, Der Kleiner Panzers Founder Member
Celebrating 61 years of Volkswagens in my life 1963-2024

Life is a learning experience and then you die but when you do you've lived a good life if you contributed to your fellow man.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: