The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 05:36:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351100 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  early type3 1500 engine (old stuff)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: early type3 1500 engine (old stuff)  (Read 1464 times)
nicolas

« on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:43 am »

this is an engine in very good condition (Russel Ritchie can attest this as the engine came from him)

the engine is from an early 63 squareback and has all the rare and unique parts intact.

the engine runs and is intact. i tried it as a replacement engine in my fastback to come to EBI2 (see picture) with some parts swapped to 12V.  the picture i posted with the add shows the engine when i had it fitted with the 12V parts and different exhaust. but that is all brought back to original (with heaterboxes, exhaust, distributor,...)

the engine has some unique features only seen on very early notchback, 34 and squareback engines that were built in 62 and 63. these are the heaterboxes, exhaust, distributor (big one), the tin is specific (and very cool).

the engine is rebuild (not by me) and expertly done.

i wanted to keep it as a spare, but maybe someone has better use for it in an early project or just likes the pure and old looks off this engine.

i am open for offers on this one, but is was hoping to see something around 500- 600 euros for the complete engine.

(will consider a straight swap for Sarges car.  Wink)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: