The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:24:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350689 Posts in 28577 Topics by 6823 Members
Latest Member: Riisager
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  The Outlaws At Avon Park
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Outlaws At Avon Park  (Read 5095 times)
Jamie

« on: August 25, 2009, 18:53:14 pm »

Hi All

Just wanted to congrat the outlaws for a top days racing on Sunday. I actually went to see Jim Smith about a roll cage, and he very kindly showed me around the Triple 6 to show an example of what I get. Thanks for letting me have a look Greg. Fantastic car.

Anyway, congrats to Matt Keene on his win, that is one awesome piece of equipment(Just curious,probably a little stupid!! but when the doing a burnout it sounded like the revs kept dropping off and back on again, how come?) Again, congrats on the win!!

And again congrats to Adele in yet another fantastic car who lost out to Matt in the final, great effort! Won't be long before your first win in the Outlaws.

According to Mr Venners a few of you ran PB's this weekend as well, congrats.

Jamie

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 19:02:54 pm »

Anyway, congrats to Matt Keene on his win, that is one awesome piece of equipment(Just curious,probably a little stupid!! but when the doing a burnout it sounded like the revs kept dropping off and back on again, how come?) Again, congrats on the win!!

Sounds like he was flooring it and the rev limiter kicked in :-) Love that sound

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Jamie

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 19:35:19 pm »

Sounds like he was flooring it and the rev limiter kicked in :-) Love that sound

Thought it was, but just checking!! Honest!! And your right it sounds very cool Cool
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 19:53:43 pm »

and congrats to the two 69ers Pete 'Holesaw' Shattock who ran 11.91 with his 1776cc street car and Andy 'Squadron leader' Marriott with a 12.00 from his 1914 Grin

Both street cars driven to the track and back and both aspirated motors Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 21:04:03 pm »

Please tell me more about the O/FF56 oval. I see two regulators and a NOS system.  Shocked

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Jamie

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 21:17:30 pm »

Please tell me more about the O/FF56 oval. I see two regulators and a NOS system.  Shocked

Owned by Jason Rew, think it was having fueling issues on the Sunday. However high quality car. Check http://www.offdrc.co.uk/ for more info
HTH
Jamie
deanosvws

OFF 24

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 22:31:05 pm »

hi jamie, ive just finished fitting the nos and this weekend was the first test runs. jay ran a pb of 11.81 but there is more to come. on sunday there was a problem in the fact some idiot (me) forgot to turn the nos on. it was a good weekend and there were a few pb's. cheers dean

OUTLAW FLAT FOUR
Jamie

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 22:39:55 pm »

hi jamie, ive just finished fitting the nos and this weekend was the first test runs. jay ran a pb of 11.81 but there is more to come. on sunday there was a problem in the fact some idiot (me) forgot to turn the nos on. it was a good weekend and there were a few pb's. cheers dean

Oops!! Sorry! Just went from the off site! Doh! Are you gonna be running at the next avon park meet(Nostalgia rods??)
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 07:38:24 am »

Thanks for sharing. Good to read that I`m not alone forgetting to turn on the nitrous  Smiley

Would you be able to share the engine specs with us?

Best rgs
BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Jesus

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 09:36:33 am »

WOW  Shocked What an awesome weekend for PB's

Gutted i missed the show  Grin

@secondcomingsinglecab on Instagram
Second Coming Single Cab on Facebook
Peter Shattock

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 13:55:37 pm »

Just a quick note to say what a great weekend with so may PB’s with Matt, Andy, Pete, Jay, Greg, Adele and me all going quicker than ever before and Dave and Bernie were also very close. The only downer was Phil’s motor locking up the rear main, but knowing Phil he will be on a mission to get it sorted ASAP, and I’m sure he will be trying his best to be out for the finals at the end of September.

On a personal note I had a great drive home on Sunday night through the Cotswolds in the sunshine, despite the 3 hour journey (its normally 2 ¼ hours), due to the M4 motorway being closed, and me getting stuck for 45 minutes in a stop start traffic jam. Best of all I just switched the fans on the oil cooler and opened a pack of peanuts and just sat there with the oil temp at less than 80 degrees and the car just ticking over happily!

I would also like to thank Ian Clarke at Wolfsblub Performance Service and Peter at Cogbox for building a very tight little engine and gearbox combination, to get the shopper into the 11’s, where it belongs!

The fastest beetle in the village
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 15:01:26 pm »

Sounds like a good weekend - Jamie, great pics!

Cheers
Jamie

Udo

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 18:29:15 pm »

you Outlaws can be lucky to have weekends like this . Hope to see some of you at dragday -Bitburg-, the last chance to meet some of you ....

udo

deanosvws

OFF 24

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 22:52:39 pm »

Oops!! Sorry! Just went from the off site! Doh! Are you gonna be running at the next avon park meet(Nostalgia rods??)

i think jay will be going, not sure if i can make it yet. cheers dean

OUTLAW FLAT FOUR
RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 23:10:53 pm »

You guys really put on a show.

Bernie hooking up HARD and keeping his foot in, PB's & wheelies.

Really can't wait for Jim's motor to be on song, should be quite an event

Thanks to Andy and Pete for taking the time to talk to me about engines and boxes.

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
Fasterbrit

OFF#23 - The Fastest Outlaw in the West!

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 18:39:12 pm »

Cheers Jamie for the kind words. Trond is right about the rev limiter coming in to action in during the burnout. I just keep the pedal planted and let the limiter do the work. Wink
The bit I love most about the burnout  is right at the end when I let off the throttle. Inside the car it sounds amazing - the dump valve hisses like a cobra that's had one too many flutes up its arse and the turbo sounds real angry Cool. It's a great way to get the adrenalin flowing and psyched for the launch.

A big up thanks to all that helped me over the weekend with advice, tools and parts. You know who you are, but I would especially like to thank Wayne Allman for opening up his workshop on Sat night so that we could make some shock brackets to get the racecar back on the track. Big thanks to 'Hole-saw' Pete (Shattock) for the cut down Type 2 bump stops. Again, would not have been on the track on Sunday were it not for Pete's help. Big up to Lee, Clarkey, Dave Dinning and a very drunken Johnny for the suspension advice and Big Pete, Adelle, Greg and Jim Wotton for the awesome races. The one against Big Pete (the semis) will stay in my mind for a long time to come. Neck and neck the whole way trading the lead every gear change. At the end of the track Pete was so stoked - I have never seen him so excited before!

Lastly, a big thanks to Mark Prosser for setting me up in the burnout box the whole weekend - Mark's a pro at burnouts (EBI burnout King...) so his advice and guidance was much appreciated. Major thanks to the Catster and Fonz for all the pit crew work. You guys rock  Cool Cool Cool

All in all a superb weekend spent with the best people on planet VW.
Keeno

9.563 @ 146.25 mph Cal Look Drag Day, Santa Pod, April 2011
OFF#23 OUTLAW FLAT FOUR www.outlawflatfour.com
www.air-kraft.com
www.marcomansiperformance.com
james wotton

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 22:55:59 pm »

I'll get you next time matt Wink

top work about time you give it some beef, are you ready for a side  order of more boost! Grin

can't wait till national finals at the pod next month.

9.91 @ 139.90
outlawflatfour 2010 and 2011 champion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: