The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:18:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350873 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Want to help a terminally ill 5 year old celebrate Christmas early?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Want to help a terminally ill 5 year old celebrate Christmas early?  (Read 6092 times)
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« on: November 06, 2009, 04:18:58 am »

Hey Lounge members, a little boy in Michigan needs some help from you, and it'll only take a few minutes of your time...

Five year-old Noah Biorkman is in hospice and we need your help to make this the best Christmas ever by sending him Christmas cards! His family will be celebrating Christmas this weekend.

Noah was diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma in February 2007. He went into remission in August 2007. In September 2008, Noah relapsed with lesions in his right arm and right leg. After going through six different trials, the cancer continues to spread. Noah is an angel and we are blessed to have him in our lives.

Please help the fulfill the Biorkman family's wish to make this the best Christmas ever for Noah. You can send your Christmas cards to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountian View Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178 USA

On Wednesday, November 4th, WDIV-TV spoke with the Biorkman Family - watch the video below!

This one was confirmed by a Snopes article, which the following text is from:

"...As radio station WKSR in Pulaski, Tennessee, notes on its web site, one of its on-air personalities is an acquaintance of Noah Biorkman's mother and verified the above-quoted appeal for Christmas cards for her son:

Christmas will come early for a five year old Michigan boy this year. Noah Biorkman is battling cancer and is not expected to live much longer.

Noah's mother and WKSR morning personality Ed Carter went to school together years ago. They keep in touch by email. She mentioned the early Christmas for her son in an email to Ed.

Mrs. Biorkman is asking for Christmas cards for her son. If you would like to take time to send a card or letter, send it to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountain View Circle
South Lyon Michigan, 48178
"
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 21:13:41 pm by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 16:52:51 pm »

I dropped a few cards off at the post office this AM.

IMO, it sure would be cool for Noah to receive cards from Lounge members all over the World... (hint, hint Grin)

Noah Biorkman
South Lyon, MI 48178 USA
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 21:13:55 pm by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Jim Ratto

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 22:20:19 pm »

poor little guy. I think we should all get on this and cheer Noah and his family up!
Stephan S

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 23:06:54 pm »

Postcard mailed today!
(Eric, on another note, did you receive my email?)

Der Kleiner Panzers
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 02:04:28 am »

Eric, Is noah into toy cars? I got some stuff to send him.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 02:49:45 am »

A number of you have contacted me offline to ask about Noah, so I thought I'd post some of the related responses for everyone's benefit:

I don't know Noah personally, but have learned a little more about him and his family after reading some info on Noah's "Care Page" site (https://www.carepages.com/carepages/NoahScottBiorkman - registration req'd, but free, easy, and worth it).

It's a sad story for sure, and really hit home with me because I have a five year and a nine year old daughter myself.

It looks like the family celebration will happen this Sunday, and will include a visit from the Santa, with delivery courtesy of the local fire department.

Noah does appear to be receiving lots of support, cards, and gifts. I'm sure that he'd be jazzed with whatever you send! Know anyone with 5-6 year old boys? If so, maybe they can give you some good ideas.

Something that I'd like to know/confirm is what hospice the family is working with, or who else we may be able to contribute to that would help Noah and possibly other kids that are suffering similar plights in the future. If not for Noah, another idea may be to check with children's hospitals in your area to see how you can help them. Unfortunately, I think their are a lot of kids and families going through similar bad times.

Thanks a bunch for caring, take care, and have a great weekend.
--Eric

Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 17:40:18 pm »

I dropped a few cards off at the post office this AM.

IMO, it sure would be cool for Noah to receive cards from Lounge members all over the World... (hint, hint Grin)

Noah Biorkman
South Lyon, MI 48178 USA

Sent Noah A Card with some Cash In it Today this Is Sad to Think That He will not see another Christmas Cry

Can Any of you Remember what your Christmas was like at Age 5?? Mine Were Great.
 Please Send What You Can and Put A Big Smile On Noah's Face Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 17:47:02 pm by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 17:49:14 pm »

Here's a recent update from Noah's "Care Page" site (https://www.carepages.com/carepages/NoahScottBiorkman), which his mother posted on Sunday PM 11/8. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to reach out to Noah!

Merry Christmas!!

Hello Everyone!

What a week! Scott and I have had a hard time wrapping our brain around how much support and compassion we have received from people all around the world!!! Noah was the 17th most googled topic on Thursday and 12th on Friday!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone for the support! Thank you to everyone that listened to my requests for peace. Thank you to Mindy for setting up security for my front door today!! Thank you to the South Lyon Police, Fire, and Post Office for the help and support over the past week. Today was the first day that I could relax. We had a person sitting out front guarding the door. My family and I didn't have to worry about whether the person walking up was going to knock or ring the doorbell. Yes, I do have a sign on the door.

I just wanted to note something interesting. Last Saturday, I posted a little note on this carepage -- it said that we were celebrating Christmas this week. If you would like to send Noah a card, send me an email and I will give you my address!! Our friends and family have repeatedly asked us for something to do to help. Asking for a Christmas card was something simple that many people could do. They posted it on Facebook and BAMMMMM!!!!!!! Next thing I know, we are receiving thousands of cards and packages. Tuesday -- 64, Wednesday -- 416, Thursday -- 2,600, Friday -- 5,100 and Saturday -- ?? ?? ?? At least 10,000. Yes, you read that right -- at least 10,000.

We are opening and reading each and every card. This is taking some time. It is just humbling, shocking, incredible, astounding... the outpouring of love for one sick little boy.

Friday night, Noah loved meeting Santa. He wasn't so sure about the fire truck or Santa coming on the fire truck. We waved from the balcony. Noah feels safe in my bedroom. That's where he spends most of his time. He wouldn't come out of the bedroom so Santa went in. He sat on the floor and opened presents with Noah, Scott, and I. Then I went out to make sure everyone was doing well and Santa sat right next to Noah. Noah wrapped his arms around Santa's neck and wouldn't let go.

The smile on his face was worth it. He smiled from ear to ear.

Saturday, Noah loved opening presents and let me tell you -- there isn't a shortage of them!! We had a crew at the house and he would pick which person he wanted to play with and that person went into the bedroom and played. When he had enough, he would sleep. We decided to have Santa come on Friday for two reasons. 1.) Santa needed to have time to get back to the North Pole. 2.) Noah needed a day of rest between the big events.

Today was a very merry Christmas! Noah, my mom, and I woke to a Christmas tree in our front yard, fully decorated with wrapped presents underneath. Noah thought that was the coolest thing. Again -- the smile said it all. He spent most of the day in my bedroom. No shocker there! He was stingy with his happy face today. He slept quite a bit and he seems to be hurting again.

Noah is having pain in the left elbow and upper body. This is all new pain. However, he's stubborn as a mule and won't let me give him any IV pain meds. We keep increasing his Methadone which we did on Friday. That hasn't seemed to help much. You can see the difference in him. You can see him slowing down. You can see him in pain and just plain getting tired. He's just at that point.

No matter how hard this is or how painful it is, Scott, my family, and I can say one thing -- Noah had Christmas today. And for that, I am grateful.

Merry Christmas Everyone! The world helped make it special for Noah, my family, Scott, and myself. I can guarantee one thing -- This week was a week that none of us will ever forget.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 17:52:00 pm by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Jim Ratto

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 21:00:35 pm »

first thing I did this morning once I got the computer on was check up on our little buddy, glad he had fun with Santa and all the cards and gifts. We sent him a card from our family, and one from D.K.P., with some cool pictures of club outings/cars.  Cool

he's one cool little kid, and what he's facing is so, so unfair.
Jim Ratto

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 22:30:54 pm »

If you still want to send your wishes to Noah, there is a facebook page for him...  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=169178274402&ref=mf

And his mom asked that all gifts and packages be sent to a different address now... she literally ran out of room for all the gifts Noah has received.

here's the new address:

Scott Biorkman

3480 Petoskey Way

Milford, Michigan 48380

Be a good sport and wish this little guy some love  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 23:12:23 pm by The Other One » Logged
Jamie

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 21:33:35 pm »

Just got this update via facebook:

This was posted on Noah's carepage today:
Wow! The outpouring of love and concern for Noah is just amazing! Scott and I never in a million years thought that so many people would want to send Christmas cards to Noah. However, please note: We did already celebrate Christmas LAST Sunday -- November 8th.

PLEASE STOP SENDING CARDS AND GIFTS!!!!

Noah is very ill. He is not getting out of bed and it's time for Scott, our families, and I to concentrate on our son. His time is very short and he needs us.

Scott and I would like to say thank you so much for the support and continued show of love. However, we are asking that everyone please stop sending cards and gifts.

Also, everyone please post the stop order on Facebook and any other websites or organizations that you belong to. We need the peace right now.

Thank you for your understanding in this request
Jim Ratto

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 21:36:45 pm »

Just got this update via facebook:

This was posted on Noah's carepage today:
Wow! The outpouring of love and concern for Noah is just amazing! Scott and I never in a million years thought that so many people would want to send Christmas cards to Noah. However, please note: We did already celebrate Christmas LAST Sunday -- November 8th.

PLEASE STOP SENDING CARDS AND GIFTS!!!!

Noah is very ill. He is not getting out of bed and it's time for Scott, our families, and I to concentrate on our son. His time is very short and he needs us.

Scott and I would like to say thank you so much for the support and continued show of love. However, we are asking that everyone please stop sending cards and gifts.

Also, everyone please post the stop order on Facebook and any other websites or organizations that you belong to. We need the peace right now.

Thank you for your understanding in this request

Thanks Jamie, let's wish this little one some peace and comfort.  Smiley
Jamie

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 19:09:00 pm »

Today's update, not sure if the Mods can lock or delete.

Jamie

Diana has asked me to contact everyone who has created "events" and "walls" for Noah. She, respectfully, asks that they be removed now. As much as they appreciate the outpouring of love and support from around the world, they now need to focus on spending as much time with Noah. The cards and packages have become ex...tremely time consuming and very space consuming. They have received nearly half a million cards, that isn't including packages, and the ones that are on their way. Please circulate this message to everyone, thank you to all who have helped make Noah's last Christmas one he and his family will never forget.
***Diana has updated CarePages to reflect her wishes at this time and also an update for Noah. If you'd like to visit Noah's carepage, please visit: www.carepages.com, search NoahScottBiorkman***
Again, thank you to everyone.
Please leave the group as soon as possible so I can complete their wishes..... Thanks for everyones love & support & Prayers... GOD BLESS YOU ALL XOXOXO
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 22:45:25 pm »

Here's an update from Noah's parents Cry. If you'd like to help someone else, please volunteer/contribute to your local children's hospital, or one of the organizations listed below.

After a long battle with Stage IV Neruorblastoma cancer, Monday morning at 8:02 AM, Noah Biorkman passed away at his home in South Lyon, Michigan.

Scott and I, along with our families, would like to thank everyone for the continued support over the past few years during Noah’s illness. As most of you know, Noah has received more than one million Christmas cards over the past few weeks. The outpouring of love and compassion has been remarkable and we are extremely grateful. We are now asking for everyone please respect our privacy during this very difficult time. The funeral services will be for family only. We are asking that instead of sending cards and flowers to Scott and me; please make a donation in Noah’s name to either of the organizations below. With your donation, Noah’s legacy will live on for many years to come, if not forever.

Thank you so much for your support and love.

Sincerely,
The Biorkman Family

Please send donations to the following:

Department of Pediatrics and Oncology
University of Michigan
1500 East Medical Center Drive
D4202MPB
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5718
Checks payable to: The University of Michigan – Noah’s Pediatric Oncology Fund

OR

Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan
230 Huron View Blvd.
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48103
Checks payable to: Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan – Memo: Noah Biorkman

Bewitched666

Bewitched

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 08:15:50 am »

Hoped he like my card with the dutch windmills on it Cool

Fast vw beetle's rule
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 17:45:13 pm »

Here's a recent update from Noah's CarePage (https://www.carepages.com/carepages/NoahScottBiorkman):

Simply Amazed and Touched
Posted Feb 6, 2010 11:24am

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to give a current Christmas card count -- 1,166,357.

Isn't that just simply amazing!!! I opened a pile of cards this morning and the thoughts and prayers from people all over the world is truly touching. It makes every day easier to live through knowing that Noah touched so many people. It's easier knowing that his purpose was to bring so many people together and remind us all of what is important. I know that he is watching over me right now and I feel his presence every day. He would not have wanted me to sit around and do nothing. He started something very special. It's up to me to keep that going.

That being said, here is what my staff and I have been doing.

1.) The Power of Noah Foundation is being founded. The paperwork is quite lengthy, but we are getting through it.
2.) The website is in design phase -- We are getting the site name of andyouknowwhat.org. For those of you that had the pleasure of talking to Noah -- you know that his favorite words were -- and you know what? He would repeat that over and over again when he was really excited about showing you something. People will be able to read about neuroblastoma, Noah, the hospitals leading the way in research (focusing on U of M), and ordering merchandise.
3.) The Power of Noah Foundation logo is being designed. We are getting prices on merchandise like bracelets, long and short sleeved t-shirts, travel coffee mugs, and pens. We decided that we didn't want to much merchandise to start. We weren't sure what people would want to order.
4.) The first fund raising activity will be in June with Leo's Coney Islands. Our goal is to have 5 Leo's participate for the day. After the day, we are having a blow out party at the South Lyon Hotel. That should be fun. We are busy planning for this activity.
5.) The second and biggest fund raising activity will be Saturday, November 6th. We are having a comedy show with a silent auction. I don't want to give any details as of right now. We are working on the comedian lineup and the venue. When I have things confirmed, I will let you know.

We have been very busy with the planning for all of this at once. Oh yeah -- my staff and I all work full time as well. This is what we are doing is our spare time.

Our foundation motto is one that I have said many times now -- The power of Noah lives in all of us -- Pass it on!

Many people have asked what we did the Christmas cards. Each card was opened, read, and recycled. We didn't have enough room to keep them. I have a room full of memorbilia items. We kept quite a bit of items. They are stored for now. Anything that had Noah's name on it, was inscribed to him, authors sent books, celebrities sent signed photos, fire and police departments sent patches, and on and on. All of these items were kept. My family, friends, and I have been very touched and moved by the outpouring of love and support.

We want to thank every person that sent a card, item, toy, gift, book, ornament, etc to Noah. Your thoughtfulness and caring is what helps get us all through each and every day.

Back to the motto -- The power of Noah lives on in all of us -- Pass it on!

Jim Ratto

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 21:07:09 pm »

nice to hear his mom is doing as well as she is. I still think about little Noah pretty much every day, still... I have to say, his story made a huge difference in the way I look @ life altogether. I fully commend his mom on her efforts with the foundation and applaud her courage.

The Power of Noah.  Right on!
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 02:31:28 am »

Fully agree with your post, Jim.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: