The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:22:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350832 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  VW Car Club Stickers Whats The Deal??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: VW Car Club Stickers Whats The Deal??  (Read 19080 times)
Shubee2 (DSK)

"There's No School Like OLD SCHOOL"

« on: March 05, 2007, 17:39:58 pm »

Hi Guys  I have Had A Question that I have Been Wanting to Ask for A While Now?  I see a lot of Different Cars Posted in the Lounge Some from the U.K. France,England,Etc.  What I Want To Know And it Pertains Mainly to Car Club Stickers  I Have Noticed A Lot of Cars Running DKP Stickers? that are out of the Country Are the Sticker Repops? or Are They Just Giving the Stickers Out To Anyone These Days??  It Use to Be When You Were A VW Car Club You attended Club Meetings and Outtings Your Car Had to Pass Strick By Laws of The Club I Know That The DKP I Knew and Grew Up With (DKP 1 DKP 2) even though I Was In A Different Club We Always Had Weekly Meetings  and if You Car Did Not Pass the Weekly Club Inspections your Decals were scraped until you Car meet the Standards of The Club. There are Cars I have Seen Posted Here Running DKP Stickers that would have never Passed The Original Club By Laws. I Know that all these cars can not be in the Club Unless they just started Passing out Stickers The Original DKP1 DKP2 as Well as DSK are Motto Was Always Quailty not Quanty which means The Best Of The Best.. 

Der Selten Kafers VW Club.
Founding Member Est: 1976

58 Ragtop Old School Cal Look
66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 18:31:23 pm »

DKK had the same policy as far as club stickers. I remember members being asked to pull their stickers while their cars were "in transition."

I don't know where all the DKP stickers are coming from other than someone must be copying them illegally. From what I can see the club does keep pretty tight grip on the passing out of stickers. Yet a couple of months back I saw a really beat bus with a DKP sticker in the rear window.

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 19:05:16 pm »

Sadly there have been many DKP repros printed in Europe, some good, some little more than photocopies of photos... There have been only two people outside the US voted into the club, myself and Nao Fujita in Japan (Nao was working for Flat 4 at Santa Monica at the time), so you can understand why I get a little p•ssed when I see so many club logos about the place. Some members have given decals to people as souvenirs, but it is meant as that – a souvenir, not a licence to pretend. I always ask the simple question: why not start your own club, with your own logo?  Huh

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
deano

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 19:32:32 pm »

I have grabbed numerous bootlegged DKP stickers from a handful or so different vendors, at different VW events all over the country. In each case, I have either bought them all!, or got the vendor to just give them to me, to get this crap off the market. I bet I have grabbed well over 100 hundred DKP stickers over the course of the last two years. I gave them all to the club. It really pisses me off to see some so-so car out in the middle of nowhere, have DKP stickers on the window! I usually go out of my way to let the owner know how "pleased" I am about his mis-use of those stickers, and what they really mean to the true members of the DKP.

Hot VWs Magazine Window Washer
Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 19:39:51 pm »

With Our Club DSK if we saw a Car That had our sticker in the window and was not in the club we would ask the owner to remove it  or we would scrape it ourself as far as I am Concerned The Club Stickers are Club Property and if a Member ever sold his car the Decals had to be Removed The Cars I see these Days Would Have Never  Made The DKP By Laws there only a few in the Lounge That are Running the Stickers that are actually Members Even when I was in DVB, When I Left I Had To scrape my Decals and Turn in my Jacket Patch we could keep our Club T shirt  but who else would want to wear it LMAO!!!

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Cornpanzer

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 19:44:48 pm »

This is one of those non-winnable issues unfortunatly.  If you complain too much, then you are branded as an Elitist Bastard.  Sure some people honestly dont understand the pride that goes along with a pair of stickers, but most who run them outside of the club couldnt care less.

Just having a club can be more hassle than it is worth.  You make the club, you list the rules and then people complain that you are snobs because thier car is not nice enough to fit in your "snob club".  Its a no-win, LOL.

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 19:45:05 pm »

Is this Car in DKP??  its Clean but I dont Think it is a Club Car

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
deano

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 19:59:22 pm »

Bootleg Beckers Bug House stickers to boot! Phoney.

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
Stephan S

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 21:03:03 pm »

Again, only two DKP members are located outside the U.S.: Keith Seume (Hi Keith!) and Nao Fujita.
Therefore, the Ghia seen here is not a DKP member - I incidentally know the owner, Fred, a very nice guy. I'm not sure where he found that sticker, but I think a guy in France produced a few.
That sticker is a poor repro. Not a decal transfer (that goes inside the window), but a thick sticker (that goes outside the window). And the colors are wrong, too...

Der Kleiner Panzers
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 21:08:44 pm »

How can you tell an original from a fake?

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 21:24:58 pm »

What do they say on the back Jim?

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
deano

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 21:28:02 pm »

here's some real ones....night before they went on my car. Grin

Hmmm, mail order DKP stickers..... And who exactly is the this "Sarge" character anyway?  Cool

Anglia Obsolete Guru
'67 Heaven
nicolas

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 21:28:25 pm »

well,

i guess it is in a lot of cases a tribute to the club. DKP must be one of the best known, maybe even THE best known club in the scene, and it makes people anxious to 'belong' to it i guess. putting stickers as a tribute some sort doesn't make it OK to do.

i my humble opinion it goes a bit the same with 'the look'. i read a topic where people ask what is accepted and what not (me too have asked opinions about mirrors and such, so i am equally guilty)
but what really matters is your own creativity within the guidelines. everybody can build a nice callook to their own taste and not looking like the next car at the show. be original. try to be different but subtle. that is what callook is about. more is less. not more of the same.

the same goes for stickers and clubs. i think callookclubs should grow. the movement has grown bigger and bigger the last couple of years and some very nice cars can be seen at shows worldwide nowadays. so the best thing to do is get more clubs started and have a healty competition between us all. like being brothers from different mothers to use another cliché.

just look at DAS for example: a little Belgian club that has been arround for 15 years and look how far they got. big respect to them for doing so many nice things. great races and good atmosphere and great creeting card (check ultra VW).

(btw you DAS-guys need more type 3's in your club Wink Wink Wink )
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 21:45:14 pm »

here's some real ones....night before they went on my car. Grin

Hmmm, mail order DKP stickers..... And who exactly is the this "Sarge" character anyway?  Cool
Letter Reads To Jim With All My Love Sarge LMAO!!!

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
SOB/RFH

Have fun!!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 22:18:04 pm »

Come on guys and beat me on this one. Back in 1993 I had this friend working in a T-shirt and decal printing buisness............So I managed to make a copy out of some old mag of the DKP stickers.....lot's of work and not perfect.....We even made T-shirts back then..............................So after a few years the DKP thing got big and everybody had to have this stickers/t-shirts so we did hide them and forgot about them.......................A few years after we started to get together, we sort of got to a point where we settled for a name (it took 7 years) and we are still going strong under the name Der Bruckenrenners or DBR....we have a heritage that goes back to 92 so it is cool to be part of this.......and see history being made..................We have our own name, we have our own collection of cloths, we have a heritage, we have even been in a few magazines with our cars over the years..........It bascily started with copying the DKP stickers.......So offically from me: Sorry to all you guys in the DKP, forgive us we did not know any better and thanks guys for inspiring us to make our own history!!! Cool Happiness is a Hot VW!!
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 22:52:42 pm »

Again, only two DKP members are located outside the U.S.: Keith Seume (Hi Keith!) and Nao Fujita.
Therefore, the Ghia seen here is not a DKP member - I incidentally know the owner, Fred, a very nice guy. I'm not sure where he found that sticker, but I think a guy in France produced a few.
That sticker is a poor repro. Not a decal transfer (that goes inside the window), but a thick sticker (that goes outside the window). And the colors are wrong, too...

I thought the blue was a little too bright.  Wink

sheep
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 22:58:37 pm »

Jim, Shubee got you and Sarge real good. hahahahahahahahahahaha Grin
sheep
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 23:01:46 pm »

No and I wish you would quit changing my avatar Angry
How do you keep figureing out my password, hahahahaha
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 23:07:55 pm »

It helps if your password is not your user name!  Cheesy

sheep
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 23:11:12 pm »

Oh good point Grin
Rick Meredith
DKK

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 23:17:12 pm »

I thought this was your club mascot...

Sarge

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 01:00:03 am »

Cut the comedy, Sheep!  Instead of bagging on me and Jim, you should be thinking of a better avitar then those lip-sticks you came up with today.  First the Sheep, then the Rubic's cube....what's next?  I bet your buddy Shubee put you up to slamming us  Roll Eyes  Grin.

[/quote]Letter Reads To Jim With All My Love Sarge LMAO!!!
[/quote]

Haven't you got anything better to do?  Wink

DKP III
sheep
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 01:19:33 am »

LMFAO, oh man Sarge your killin me hear, and I cant believe Jim put a picture of lipstick on my avatar.
Thats cute real freakin cute Angry
Maybe we should get back on topic Grin
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 02:42:19 am »

Cut the comedy, Sheep!  Instead of bagging on me and Jim, you should be thinking of a better avitar then those lip-sticks you came up with today.  First the Sheep, then the Rubic's cube....what's next?  I bet your buddy Shubee put you up to slamming us  Roll Eyes  Grin. LOL Sarge and Jim I Could Not Resist and Sheep Did Tell Me to Do It LMFAO

Letter Reads To Jim With All My Love Sarge LMAO!!!
[/quote]

Haven't you got anything better to do?  Wink

[/quote] LOL  Sarge and Jim I Could Not Resist And Sheep Did tell me to do it LMFAO!!!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 02:45:04 am by Shubee2 (DSK) » Logged

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 04:54:46 am »

Is this Car in DKP??  its Clean but I dont Think it is a Club Car

Judging only by that monster under the decklid... Im going to say its a fake!!!

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Shubee2 (DSK)

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 05:43:23 am »

LOL Zach Isnt that One of the Super Rare  Race Trim  Foam Elment Air Cleaners with the Triple Chrome Top Sittin on That Monster Solex Pict 2 Carb???

66 Cal Look Drag Car
67 Resto Cal Look
67 Chevy II Nova L79
02 Camaro Vert!
04 Corvette Vert!
04 Colorado Pickup
alfie the monster

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 11:12:27 am »

So far the only Green Heart stickers that I've seen are on club cars. If they start to be seen on rusty buses they better be careful, we've got Large in our ranks as 'Chief Snide Sticker Puller'  Shocked

JG54 Grunherz
Tim C

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:22 am »

As usual Alfie, you are wrong  Tongue

I have seen two VW's with snide Greenhearts stickers, both were Bay window campers. Classy.

JG54 Greenhearts
alfie the monster

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 11:43:40 am »

WHAT?!?!?!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Get Large on the case then!  Angry

JG54 Grunherz
Tim C

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 12:05:40 pm »

Will explain all on Friday Wink

JG54 Greenhearts
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »