The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:33:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Back up for sale – somebody rescue it!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Back up for sale – somebody rescue it!  (Read 13760 times)
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« on: July 20, 2010, 09:33:30 am »

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=866814

Lift the rear end, throw away the narrowed beam… PLEASE! Angry

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:55:29 am »

The £ is getting stronger against the $ so it may be a good time to act for somebody.....
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 22:46:49 pm »

Ouch !!

Undecided

Dominick Luppino

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 23:12:03 pm »

Isn't supposed to also have a roof rack? Grin
Speed-Randy

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 23:16:40 pm »

why do people do that? LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME

Jim Ratto

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 23:31:45 pm »

looks like somebody whacked the poor thing with a giant slipper.

thing is, outside the group that thinks "dude that's tight", everyone else think the car is broken.
danny gabbard

gabfab

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 00:08:25 am »

You dont have far to fall if you get out drunk.

A poor craftsman, Blame's it on poor tools.  GAB-FAB shop # 775 246-3069
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 00:55:42 am »

What an eyesore. Why didn't they lower the rear more, narrow the front beam more, and add more accessories? If you're going to do something, the intent is to take it all the way.

(apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
T.Fabs

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:50 am »

What an eyesore. Why didn't they lower the rear more, narrow the front beam more, and add more accessories? If you're going to do something, the intent is to take it all the way.

(apologies to Hunter S. Thompson)

I'm sure there is some room for one more notch in the back... and few inches on the narrowed beam... Grin

Proud Member of the Der Kleiner Panzers.
bugnut68

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:19 am »

Ouch !!

Undecided

Ordinarily, I really like a lot of resto-cal/resto-custom Bugs, but negative camber to that extreme just looks gimpy as hell.  I just don't dig the collapsed axle look.  Fixing that would be a precusor to me buying it if I had the money Grin
kingsburgphil

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 04:50:29 am »

Thank God it's all fixable....including the "whore's boudoir" of an engine compartment  Grin
Sarge

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 04:50:40 am »

... as seen at this years Classic.  It still needs a little bump out back, just not as much.

DKP III
Bryan Nunes

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 05:08:29 am »

I hope this "Fad" goes away soon, all of this narrowed beam slammed to the ground look make it look like tricycle! I remember thinking that looked cool when it was like 12 years old..slammed on slicks! lame................
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 05:34:51 am »

[Alanis Morrisette] "You've got M&H slicks and your car's lowered three splines"  .........Isn't it Ironic............ [Alanis Morrisette]

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
Rennsurfer

D.B.O. Not a club; a state of mind.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 05:37:47 am »

I'm sure there is some room for one more notch in the back... and few inches on the narrowed beam... Grin

You, my friend, are correct.

[Alanis Morrisette] "You've got M&H slicks and your car's lowered three splines"  .........Isn't it Ironic............ [Alanis Morrisette]

HA! I see what you did there.

"You can only scramble an egg so many ways."
~Sarge
PIP

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:29 am »

like it or not..  At least Conrad got this fucker out on the road.. Instead of sitting in some garage .. Collecting dust...

and maybe you old fuckers.. need to remove your blinders...  it will broaden your Horizon...

Shocked

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:01:02 am by pip » Logged

#247 ROMETSCH BEESKOW RESTO
http://www.dbkvw.com/photos/rometsch_beeskow_247_rest/
Dbkvw.com
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 07:48:59 am »

I'm not old (well... thirties...), and not normally known for moaning about other peoples choices on their own cars, but slamming that car really has made it look deeply uncool.

71CALRIPPER

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 07:52:47 am »

I think the Mix of looks doesnt work , M/H street slicks with a resto cal stance...

BUT its the owners personal choice and thats what makes the scene so diverse.. each to there own..and its nothing that cant be changed...!
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 17:19:16 pm »

I say it's not cal look anyway, so who cares! Cheesy Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 19:50:36 pm »

like it or not..  At least Conrad got this fucker out on the road.. Instead of sitting in some garage .. Collecting dust...

and maybe you old fuckers.. need to remove your blinders...  it will broaden your Horizon...

Shocked

keep cool dave...... Wink
we know all this car as a cal look , she was build in the 80's when cal look was at the top  , and will always look for us as a cal look   Wink

fabs

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 19:55:53 pm »

Shocked

Agreed Fab's  Wink

keep cool dave...... Wink
we know all this car as a cal look , she was build in the 80's when cal look was at the top  , and will always look for us as a cal look   Wink

fabs

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Jim Ratto

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 21:48:36 pm »

Leaving a "cal look" car like that is like asking a dog with 3 broken legs to tow you on your 10 speed
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 22:50:32 pm »

The more I look at this the uglier it gets.....

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 23:08:50 pm »

Best not to look then  Cheesy

13.03 @ 98mph
T.Fabs

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 02:04:40 am »

Actually that's Conrad's car and he likes it like that. Everybody got different tastes.
By the way, it's not correct to say: it's UGLY... You have to say... I don't like it!  Cool

So, if you don't like it like that just do what I did with Shubee's 67 CONV.
Buy it and put it back like it was!

Before:

After:

Please don't blame me cause I took it on the track....  Actually, now it's mine, so I do what I want with it!  Grin

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 14:23:42 pm »

Actually that's Conrad's car and he likes it like that. Everybody got different tastes.
By the way, it's not correct to say: it's UGLY... You have to say... I don't like it!  Cool

So, if you don't like it like that just do what I did with Shubee's 67 CONV.
Buy it and put it back like it was!

Before:

After:

Please don't blame me cause I took it on the track....  Actually, now it's mine, so I do what I want with it!  Grin

Cool , if you were to ask me its not a proper cal look car if its not seen the christmas tree with your right foot hard to the floor  Cool Cool Cool

13.03 @ 98mph
Hotrodvw

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 17:19:44 pm »

Ehh........  The peach car isn't my thing, espeically not my thing slammed like it is.  Did some chic own it??   Cheesy

Hose & Fittings

'67 Sunroof

www.ultimateaircooled.com
Cornpanzer

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 19:46:32 pm »

My rule is, "If people outside of your immediate hobby think that your car is broken, you need to re-think your style"   Smiley   

Sometimes we never step back and look at what is "cool" in our little segment of the hobby and ask ourselves why a certain look is cool.  Is it because it improves the performance, appearance or value of the car or is it because that's what all the cool kids do? 

I am not so hard-core traditional that I cant appreciate other styles.  I love almost everything Pip does for example, but all that negative camber with slicks is just plain silly.  Like 200 hp cars with stock shifters or Berg 5-speeds with spools...one thing defeats the whole point of the other.

That sure is a cool ole car though.

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 20:11:23 pm »

Or a Berg 5 coupled with a 14:1 compression motor Roll Eyes Where are you going to drive that thing, anyway?! Cheesy

And personally, I like cabrio's to sit a little lower than their sedan counterparts. If it was mine (which it of course isn't!) I'd set it right between where it was and where it is now.

Another thing about the cabrio... It's missing the chrome trim that goes on the back around the bottom edge of the top, and if it's an early '67 it would have trim on the bow above the rear window, as well. Not picking it apart, it's a beautiful car and I wish I owned it! I just did a top on a '67 last week, so the details are still fresh in my mind Wink

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
T.Fabs

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 20:37:39 pm »

Another thing about the cabrio... It's missing the chrome trim that goes on the back around the bottom edge of the top, and if it's an early '67 it would have trim on the bow above the rear window, as well. Not picking it apart, it's a beautiful car and I wish I owned it! I just did a top on a '67 last week, so the details are still fresh in my mind Wink

Yes, you're right... and the vert's got the wrong seats too but please don't tell anybody!   Cool
Not sure about the wheels and the 2110cc with IDA's... Maybe it was an option back in 67.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: