The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 02:52:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350884 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Inspirational words needed here!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Inspirational words needed here!!  (Read 8877 times)
kafercup

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2010, 22:07:30 pm »

Man -- -- I hope you got a full face Helmet to ride those scooters -- 'cause I sure as hell be embarassed to be seen on one

If you're too insecure to ride one, you've got other issues to deal with.  70 miles per hour one one of these is a blast! 

70 MPH -- -- Man, I would say it is time to shift outta 1st gear

But hey I owned a Vespa once -- when I lived on Bermuda -- It never looked as nice as this one but it got me around

Yeah, the lack of shifting is different to get used to, but for a single cylinder 70CC two stroke, it's a blast to drive.  Like I said, it's just an additional toy to play with until the bug gets back on the road Smiley  There's definitely no comparison between the two......

Larry S

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 23:40:03 pm »

I had one project that took from 1984 until 1999 before I finished it. I thought of selling and or bailing out more than once but I would roll it of the garage and wash it. I also kept up my subscription to Hot Vws to keep me going. The car ended up in Hot vws also so it was worth it. During the build I got into dirt bikes, boats, got married, moved from So Cal to Maryland and then to Oklahoma and I towed her along. I would get burned out and walk away for a few months and then go back and work on her some more. Just keep plugging away....The good part is she will keeping going up in value....Good luck with the car.
Larry

Plan your work, work your plan, with precision and excellence.
Fiatdude

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 16:54:01 pm »

KC -- Just giving you the splatter of poop trying to redirect ya back at the Vdub -- anything that your doing that your having fun is OK -- even the fat chicks

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
kafercup

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 18:17:30 pm »

KC -- Just giving you the splatter of poop trying to redirect ya back at the Vdub -- anything that your doing that your having fun is OK -- even the fat chicks

I took it as exactly that Smiley  In reality, there's no way i could ever get rid of the bug.  I've always been a VW guy and still own 3.   It's just been a long, slow road on the most recent evolution of the car, made even tougher by the general decline of the aircooled brotherhood/scene up here i NorCal. 

One way or another, the bug will live again!!
nicolas

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 19:19:00 pm »

well my comment (or help  Grin) would be exactly what Fiatdude said. i am not sure about the fatchicks though  Undecided
anyway, you would look better and probally feel better in the bug. just try it. you'll see, just set it up that it isn't a whole deal to maintain, maybe a change in wheels, it can co wonders.

or come to my seminar: how to be cool again! deposits are taken at 500 dollars a session (norefundable)

just do what feels right (and sell the twowheelers)
ian c

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 04:43:46 am »

Alright fellas, i'm sure many of you have been in this same spot.  It's been months since i've gotten anything new for the car,

i have a piece of round wood sitting im my storage in fullerton .......

i spent half my money on beer , cars , and women .

the other half , i just wasted .

(o\ ! /o)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: