The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:16:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350806 Posts in 28595 Topics by 6825 Members
Latest Member: vertvolks
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  The Cal-look classifieds
| |-+  For sale!
| | |-+  NOS Vintage EMPI GT wheels for early 911
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NOS Vintage EMPI GT wheels for early 911  (Read 7908 times)
Cornpanzer

« on: October 29, 2010, 00:50:17 am »

1 pair (2 wheels) of the rare EMPI GT Mag wheels.  These wheels are NOS.   Lugs have never been tightened against them, caps have never been installed and tires have never been mounted.  Have been sitting for decades, so will need some polish work to look perfect again.

More detail and photos on my Blog:  http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/

$600.00

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 00:58:45 am by Cornpanzer » Logged

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Cornpanzer

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 13:59:45 pm »

Bump,
Will listen to reasonable offers

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
restojohnny

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:19:30 am »

Could you post pic's of the crack's ??
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:35:09 am by restojohnny » Logged

Magnesium BRM hoarding bastard !!!

**SURE I'LL SELL IT TO YOU : ) **

EMPI KICK'S ASS EMPI KICK'S ASS
O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 original convertible GTV 
67 euro squareback
Cornpanzer

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 16:23:01 pm »

There are no cracks.  These are NOS and of the later generation which did away with the stress risers that caused the cracks in the early wheels.

Please keep your editorials to yourself.  Angry

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
restojohnny

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:30:33 am »

Sorry...... they do look cracked to me so I don't see anything wrong with asking for close up pic's so I can make an offer on them but I see you wouldn't sell them to me anyway. I know the difference in the wheels I don't really need to be schooled on them. Good luck on the sale.

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
Bruce

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 16:22:34 pm »

..... they do look cracked to me
How does an NOS wheel develop cracks?
restojohnny

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 16:39:00 pm »

So your telling me that the bottom wheel in the pic doesn't look cracked on the face of the wheel on the end of the spokes??? If cornpanzer say's it's not cracked then the future potential buyer will have to take his word on it. Just because a wheel is NOS doesn't mean it doesn't get thrown around during it's lifetime from one shelf to another shipped/thrown in the trunk on it's way home to a new collector's collection or what ever the case may be the wheel get's moved around maybe even dropped kicked from the previous owner who doe's not know the value of the wheel he has Huh?? I've had a few NOS wheels with crack's so they are out there  Wink   my post wasn't to talk trash about his wheel's  just wanted to see close up pic's of what look's like crack's to me so I can make an offer on them as I was a potential buyer and wanted to see if they are really cracked or not  Grin so again good luck on the sale  Smiley

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
Cornpanzer

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 14:17:03 pm »

Sorry...... they do look cracked to me so I don't see anything wrong with asking for close up pic's so I can make an offer on them but I see you wouldn't sell them to me anyway. I know the difference in the wheels I don't really need to be schooled on them. Good luck on the sale.

If you had said in your post something along the lines of " I am interested, but it looks like there may be a crack at so and so position...could I have some extra pictures" then I would have got you a few pics to show otherwise.  It would have been a sincere question and you would have got a thorough answer and as many hi-res photos as you could have wanted. 

Instead, you took the accusatory  stance by saying "could you post pics of the cracks".  Not only was it offensive to me, but it also planted a seed of doubt in the minds of potential buyers who may not know me or my reputation in this hobby, thinking that perhaps you know or saw something that they didn't.  The fact is though,that you didnt ask for additional photos and you didnt know what you were talking about when you accused me of trying to pass off cracked wheels. 

I see you wouldn't sell them to me anyway  This is clearly disingenuous. If you had been sincerely interested in the wheels you wouldn't have said what you did.   I am happy to take your money...it all spends the same.  If you were truly interested in buying the wheels, it wouldn't matter one bit that I called you out on your post.  I think that you are a blowhard, but you can easily prove me wrong by making a reasonable offer on the wheels. 

I know the difference in the wheels I don't really need to be schooled on them.   Roll Eyes  My mistake.  When I read your orig post, I was led to believe that didnt know much at all.  Kiss

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
restojohnny

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 21:48:09 pm »

I never said they are cracked I said they looked cracked and as far as calling me a blowhard  Roll Eyes That's pretty childish to say about me. I buy alot of wheels and I sell ALOT of wheels hell I BUY and sell ALOT of everything that's VW and when people ask me for detailed pic's they get it I could care less how they ask as the bottom line is they want more pic's so I just give it to them. I didn't accuse you of selling cracked wheels  Huh I don't think I have tarnished your reputation nor the sale on the wheels either..... if you've been good to this hobby of your's then you'll have no problem with selling anything VW related....... this is not a hobby for me it's what I do for a living and I love what I do. I won't make an offer on your NOS wheels as I've been through this scenario before. For the last time..... GOOD LUCK ON THE SALE  Cool

O.G. POMONA VULTURE
$$ SWAPMEET MAFIA $
54 Pre-A Porsche
67 euro squareback
Cornpanzer

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 00:47:43 am »

Johnny, we probably should agree to disagree and let bygones be bygones, etc, etc

I think you are missing my point.  Re-read your first post.   You didnt ask for detailed pictures of the wheels!  You simply said "Could you post pic's of the crack's ??"...assuming that there were cracks that I wasn't mentioning.

If this is just a simple misunderstanding, then I apologize.  Yet even so, surely you can see why that statement might ruffle someones feathers. 

Anywayz.  As I said before, if you were truly interested in the wheels and not just busting balls like I assumed, tell me what detailed shots you want to see, make me a reasonable offer (based on the assumption that they are as described) and I will get you what you need. 

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 05:42:03 am »

Could you post better photos of the legs?

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Cornpanzer

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 14:14:36 pm »

I always heard that they were your legs KS!   Cheesy

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Cornpanzer

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 04:19:46 am »

These are pending - thanks

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 11:20:45 am »

I always heard that they were your legs KS!   Cheesy
Damn! You're right! I remember you lending me your shoes for the photoshoot! Cheesy

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: