The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 17:19:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Did you know the uk is 4.8 trillion in the red
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did you know the uk is 4.8 trillion in the red  (Read 6806 times)
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« on: November 12, 2010, 11:40:38 am »

Did anyone see the documentary on channel 4 last night , we are in the shit, big time !!

If you take into account debt and pension liabilities the UK national dept now stands at 4.8 trillion pounds.

If you were to have a pile of £50 to represent the national debt it would be over 6 thousand miles high.

Someone needs to get this by the horns or we are finished, even with the cuts announced a few weeks ago government spending will continue rising until 2015

What a sad situation our once great country is in. Will the last one out switch off the lights Embarrassed

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »

Agreed dude - Its why I am thinking of moving out of england for good!

it doesn't help that we insist on giving free money to Retarded familys that feed their kids Macdonalds & Kebabs and spend the rest on calling to vote on X factor or big brother!!!!

I am gonna stop before I get REALLY annoyed  Lips Sealed Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You either "Get It" or you don't......
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:38:53 pm »

Look at Spain, Portugal, Greece, France and Germany if you think you have a problem with your debt in the UK. EU Countries are slowly sinking into depression. But even if you add up all the EU Countries they do not get close to the US debt of 13 725 trillion USD

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 13:49:43 pm »

At least some countries try to do something.

In France we are like the Titanic, we sink but the orchestra keeps on playing to amuse the well thinking people  Cheesy Cheesy  Embarrassed

Rocket Ron

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 15:04:15 pm »

Look at Spain, Portugal, Greece, France and Germany if you think you have a problem with your debt in the UK. EU Countries are slowly sinking into depression. But even if you add up all the EU Countries they do not get close to the US debt of 13 725 trillion USD

here a good link for all you guys in the USA

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

or for the uk how about this, we owe £13,337 uk pounds for every man woman and child in the uk

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 19:09:25 pm by BEAKER » Logged

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Speed-Randy

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 16:01:19 pm »

good thing we enacted NAFTA Angry, now everyone is gonna go down with us Shocked

Trond Dahl
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 16:10:29 pm »

And I was enjoying this policital free forum :-)

Street car 10.67/206kmt@Kjula 2014
Race car 9.49/236kmt@SCC 2017

Black Sheep

less is more

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 20:14:42 pm »

And I was enjoying this policital free forum :-)

Good point , we all know were screwwed .
Now has anyone got some old autocraft 1:4 rockers coz I need a screw  Wink

Stick with what you know works .
13.03 @ 98mph
Rocket Ron

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 20:39:19 pm »

economics not politics  Tongue

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 20:50:33 pm »

This will equate to an extra £200k of tax over your life time to pay this back!!!!!!!

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
volkskris

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 21:41:31 pm »

and stil the people in france don't know why sarko is raising the retirement age Roll Eyes it's for not getting france deeper in the shit Tongue
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 22:10:47 pm »

and stil the people in france don't know why sarko is raising the retirement age Roll Eyes it's for not getting france deeper in the shit Tongue

Yep, but a lot of people can't understand that.

It's good he makes this, but there are A LOT MORE things he could do to save money and economy that he doesn't make, for his interest, or interest of his "friends", or I don't know why.

Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 23:06:37 pm »

i am against raising the retirement age, there are other ways of raising the money.  All the banks have prospered from governments pumping trillions into the financial sector, even if its indirectly.  Sorry, but they need to repay all that money!!!

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
Fiatdude

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 23:10:49 pm »

Let's invade china and get all our money back

They currently hold 70% of all the US's bonds

Fiat -- GONE
Ovalholio -- GONE
Ghia -- -- It's going

Get lost for an evening or two -- http://selvedgeyard.com/

Remember, as you travel the highway of life,
For every mile of road, there is 2 miles of ditch
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 23:52:06 pm »

there are other ways of raising the money. 

Yep.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 23:54:03 pm by Nico86 » Logged

BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 11:34:57 am »

Funny, who do not want to work until they turn 62?

Let`s try to stick to economics:

The long term savings by moving the pension age from 60 to 62 are enourmous and that is why it is so important. If France did not implement the new pension plan the retirement system alone would cause a deficit of 22% in 2020. The french economy is on its way up after the credit crunch with a growth of 1.7% so far this year (thanks to the government pumping trillions into the financial sector). But France have also increased their public debt and for 2010 it will be approx 82% of the GDP. A huge increase from 78% in 2009. France have also a high budget deficit due to lower tax income after the credit crunch.

Since the new pension plan will be implemented gradually it will not have a quick effect on the deficit. France must also implement other cuts to get the deficit down to the planed 6% in 2011 and finally 3% - the EU standard - by 2013.

BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 12:45:33 pm »

Doing something about retirement is a thing that must be done.

The problem is there are still some people that will have a better retirement : people working for the state and people of the government, and it's them who complain because Sarko is putting the pension age from 60 to 62 ! So we will pay AGAIN for them...

And the other problem of France is that we like to distribute a lot of money for useless things, things that bring nothing back.

The first thing to do is to stop wasting money : can you imagine that a politician being part of the government even for one day will touch a huge pension for life ? Will have a car with a driver for life ? Will have a policeman for his security for life ? Some even have an appartement paid for life...  ...and that's just one example among a lot of non-sense.

We are crazy !!!

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:28 pm »

Chinese president visiting Paris with Sarko : check out why we pay so many taxes...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYuqEFh4pC4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QYuqEFh4pC4</a>

Edit : I just saw something on TV while eating : last week there was the hair-dressing world cup in Paris ( Roll Eyes) and we have a french hair-dressing team, and we are world champion. Great. Guess who is paying...  Angry 
I'm so happy, factories are closing, companies a going bankrupt, but the government is giving grants to the best hair-dressers of the world, wow.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 13:52:50 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Rocket Ron

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 14:01:33 pm »

Chinese president visiting Paris with Sarko : check out why we pay so many taxes...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYuqEFh4pC4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/QYuqEFh4pC4</a>

that's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time

at least they are using mostly french cars. I the UK we don't have that option

PS back to economics

all our government needs to do is cut tax now to a flat rate of 15-18%, get rid of vat, capital gains and don't take any tax off the poorest at all.
whats the point of taxing people then giving them it back in handouts   

they can then abolish all the government department's that take more money to run than they collect in tax   

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 14:14:40 pm »

all our government needs to do is cut tax now to a flat rate of 15-18%, get rid of vat, capital gains and don't take any tax off the poorest at all.
whats the point of taxing people then giving them it back in handouts   

they can then abolish all the government department's that take more money to run than they collect in tax   

They will never do that unless they decide to stop wasting money and start saving.

at least they are using mostly french cars.

Yes, the problem is when the State buy a car it pays 3 or 4 times the market value for it. And that's for all things the State is buying : do you know hom much pays the Elysée (that's our White House or 10th Downing Street in France) for bread ? Between 10 and 15€ for a french baguette, the market price is about 0,90€...

I the UK we don't have that option

Yes, that's another sad thing.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 14:27:11 pm by Nico86 » Logged

Rocket Ron

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 14:24:21 pm »

government always pay way too much

recently a top businessman was invited to look at the way the UK army buys its supplies, he found that they were paying a minimum of over 30% more than they should be , go figure  Huh

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

Nico86

Turnip engine.

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 14:28:56 pm »

That's some arrangement : the guy who is selling stuff is friend of the friend of the cousin who decide what to buy...

Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 16:19:17 pm »

Edit : I just saw something on TV while eating : last week there was the hair-dressing world cup in Paris ( Roll Eyes) and we have a french hair-dressing team, and we are world champion. Great. Guess who is paying...  Angry 
I'm so happy, factories are closing, companies a going bankrupt, but the government is giving grants to the best hair-dressers of the world, wow.

Thats just RIDICULAS!!!!!!!!!! they are probably on their way to a "eco/green meeting" about gobal warming!

You either "Get It" or you don't......
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: