The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:51:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Glove box ideas?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Glove box ideas?  (Read 2074 times)
youngnstudly

« on: May 18, 2011, 06:04:02 am »

I am installing a couple airplane gauges inside of my glove box (actually I am replacing the glove box with a panel I made) and my original plan was to install 3 gauges...but I soon realized I couldn't see the last gauge due to the distance from the drivers seat to the end of the glove box. I need some ideas of how I can "fill the void". My backup plan is to either place an emblem of some sort in the "empty" space, install a light (shown in pic) with a few toggle switches, or just  some toggle switches (I'm thinking 6 total, 3 in a row and 3 more below the first 3). My only problem with installing the  toggle switches is I had other plans for locating them elsewhere, and I feel like the light is sort of a cheap looking accessory that I don't need (or do I?). I still haven't figured out if I will paint this panel in satin black or use the same dark gray (charcoal) vinyl that I am using for my carpet binding. Paint will scratch and nick, and the vinyl can be wiped off easy with a little vinyl dressing. Ideas? Thanks!  Smiley

-Andy

I know the stainless trim rings aren't "clocked" correctly, but I just threw the parts together to give you guys an idea of what I have so far

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:55:31 am »

Here is a pic of my gages in my glove box. The 3-gage pod you can buy. And they are slightly angled toward the driver for easy seeing. Works for me! Something to think about. I think I saw a 4 gage pod on there website.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
71CALRIPPER

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:24 am »

Here is a pic of my gages in my glove box. The 3-gage pod you can buy. And they are slightly angled toward the driver for easy seeing. Works for me! Something to think about. I think I saw a 4 gage pod on there website.

Ted

Now that is Smart !!
youngnstudly

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 17:18:43 pm »

Ted, I thought about using those but I have square gauges first of all, secondly I wanted something that was a little different (a more original idea). I can see both of the gauges perfectly as it sits, but the third gauge was the problem so I welded the hole up and now I have a empty spot. I'll probably just put the toggle switches in that area. Thanks for the reply.

Andy

There may be rocks, there may be chips, but one things for sure...I drive this bitch!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: