The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 15:58:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  30 th anniversary bugorama 3 road trip in aronson/holmes car
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 30 th anniversary bugorama 3 road trip in aronson/holmes car  (Read 3164 times)
bilboa2

« on: June 03, 2011, 01:37:45 am »

HARD TO BELIEVE...Driving to sacramento bugorama this weekend with keith goss, I realized it was 30 years ago that keith, clyde and doug berg in the back seat drove from orange county to sacramento for bugorama 3. We won first place in the car show.  Walking through the swap meet this weekend we find a MINT hot vw's feb 75 issue with the car on the cover. SOLD...Still have the original trophy, has dkk above the panzer-like bird with DER KAFER KONCOURSE underneath. Also big DKP bonus for the weekend was to see ron fleming run a 9 sec pass.. YES, First 9 in a dkp decal car, ha...Fun times then.. and now. Maybe shoulda brought my recent car..nah...bill
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:37:35 am »

Great story, Bill. The stuff of legends.

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Jason Foster

7.69 87mph 12.35 106 mph

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:47:39 am »

Great story sure wish I'd of known you were there.  Seeing Ron and team accomplish that was epic!

STRENGTH THROUGH JOY...........

Der Kleiner Panzers
bugnut68

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 16:35:48 pm »

Hi Bill, I bought a Dynomax muffler from you last fall... wish I would known you were there, I would have liked to have met you face to face! lol Grin
Bryan67

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 17:00:49 pm »

It was cool meeting you guys there. I was the guy that made Ron sell you the magazine.

If you`re going to do something, do it right.
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 01:00:44 am »

Bill,

You going to the classic or staying home? Just curious.  I may make it up to Sac for the Sept event but that all depends upon Anne's health and how she does recouperating from her Cancer treatments. Talk with you soon.  When I get over to So Cal I will have to give Keith a ride around in my chop with Dual  Berg mufflers on it.  Just dropped off my bumpers to the powder coater today. Sticking with my single blades look.

Rick M

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 03:45:17 am »

Great story Bill !
 Smiley
So.Cal.Life

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:24 am »

This was a great trip , in a great car , with great friends , a real fun time, the only bad thing is it makes me feel old , fat and gray. Hay , any hot girls out there looking for a good time? just a thought.    Keith
rick m

Driving Hot VWs for 44 Years Strong!

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 01:11:10 am »

Hey Keith...we are all feeling old and gray.  Heck, when I look in the mirror I wonder where all the years went.  However, when I climb into my chop....I get the change to keep living the fun! Will have to hook up with you next  time  in So Cal. Are you still living over there?

Rick Mortensen

Rick Mortensen
Driving Hot VWs since 1970
So.Cal.Life

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:20:25 am »

rick m      Is Anne your wife,girlfriend? please explain, cancer touches everyones life one way or another ,my thoughts and prayers are with you both . Please leave a pm .       Keith
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: