The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 04:29:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350885 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  48 IDA Webers question ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 48 IDA Webers question ?  (Read 3618 times)
Frenchy Dehoux

« on: June 08, 2011, 05:45:43 am »

I have a pair of 48 IDA'S and they have an " 0 " ring for the fuel nozzles to seat in the main body. Other than my other two pairs of IDA'S they have a small copper gasket under the nozzles to seat them. How new are these 48 or are they an old style. I know that there are IDA'S made in Spain and Italy .

Thanks
    Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:42 am »

Hi Frenchy, a friend of mine has a pair of Italian IDA's with O-Ring squirters also. They work very good. I talkted to Mark at Bergs about it and says there were some like that, forget if he said if they were the later ones before the Spanish ones came out, I would think so. I have a set of Spanish ones and they have the push-in ones. My other two sets of Italian Ida's have the cooper washer screw type. Give Mark a call, he can give you a better answer.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Bruce

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:03:59 am »

If you look at the flange, you will see the model number stamped into it.  Yours will be 48IDA4R.
I believe the IDAs from the late 70s onward had the O-ring squirters.
And that the final Italian ones had 3 progression holes stock.  Do yours?  I have only seen one carb (NOS in the box) with 3 holes from Weber.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 06:22:54 am »

Say Bruce, is there more value to those with the 3-hole from Weber? A better carb?

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:50:01 am »

Here I found this on the Weber website....Note  what it says about the pump jets !

http://www.webercarburetors.com/ppw/html/tech/48-ida_parts_breakdown.htm

10) 76402 xxx Pump Jet late style push in 
      76407 xxx Pump  Jet Early style bolt in 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 07:51:46 am by Kaferdog » Logged

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
Frenchy Dehoux

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 15:31:42 pm »

I will be meeting with Dee tomorrow so I can ask Tim while I am there because I need the " 0 " rings for mine. Thank You everyone we will see you at the Classic this weekend.

Frenchy

Doctor Detail ( Retired )
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 15:58:50 pm »

Frenchy  ...I also am looking for a set of O-rings for my carbs From my understanding Ted went to Bergs 2 days ago and they didn't have any ,But were gonna order some from Weber

"I am on a drug, it's called 'Volkswagen.' It's not available 'cause if you try it once you will die. Your face will melt off, and children will weep over your exploded body."
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 20:46:27 pm »

Ok, talked to Alister, said Tim is waiting for call back on the O-rings. Hopefuly will be in when I go down there tonight. I asume will have more too so Frenchy can get his also. I'm sure Tim will make sure on that.   Ted

VW Classic 2012
Bruce

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:18:25 am »

Have you tried your local hydraulic equipment store.  The o-rings are in stock and cost pennies each.
DKK Ted
DKK

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 06:25:27 am »

Well, I got 2 sets of O-rings, a set for me and a set for my buddy, there is 1 set left. Tim only ordered 12 O-rings (3-sets), but reminded him the Frenchy also needed a set. so I think he is holding that set for Frenchy. Good idea Bruce, with the O-rings I have, can match'em up and buy more, alot more.

Ted

VW Classic 2012
Kaferdog
DKK

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 09:18:54 am »

Ted..Once again ..."You Da Man"....!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: