The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:44:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  So who's coming to the Classic this year ???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So who's coming to the Classic this year ???  (Read 9948 times)
El Diablo Gris

« on: May 07, 2007, 16:20:01 pm »

We are about 1 month away from the BIG ONE, and I was just checking in to see who is coming to all of the events this year.  Would love to put faces with names.
Diederick/DVK

They're never done till they're sold

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 16:22:23 pm »

could someone then please take some good photos  Wink
you prolly have no idea how badly some people in europe want to see more of your lookers too...

or am i the only one?  Roll Eyes Wink

Diederick
 -
Proud member of:
DVK ~ Der Vollgas Kreuzers
Zach Gomulka

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 17:00:23 pm »

Ill be there with the GTV Smiley

Born in the '80s, stuck in the '70s.
Chuck Fryer

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 17:11:52 pm »

I bought plane tickets several weeks ago, just don't have it in me to drive that far this year. See ya there........but where is there?
Lanny Hussey

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 04:34:07 am »

I'm counting down the days..June 4th we head out with the 67. I just offered up the wings today, it's looking like a car now. Should be able to take it for a spin this weekend!

1967, the only year that matters.
SteveW

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:07:57 am »

Myself and my girlfriend are flying over! We are getting married the week before on Catalina Island then we hit up the classic week afterwards!  Grin Cool

Lanny, it would be especially cool to meet you as I have only ever spoken to Darren! (We are the UK distributor for LanD!)

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
Lanny Hussey

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 14:26:58 pm »

Cool! Just look for Sepia Braun and a jaunty hat...

SteveW

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 14:33:35 pm »

Cool! Just look for Sepia Braun and a jaunty hat...

Grin

Steve
1961 Oldspeed Beetle
1970 Stock Beetle.
edcraig

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:53 am »

My daughter graduates College that day, so we will probably have to skip it.  Shes really bummed about not taking her car this year and seeing all the others too.
Gary Justus

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 20:54:09 pm »

I know one thing, Darrell...... I'm bringin' my car cover (just in case I get parked next to you again).
And that was just water in the Mother's bottle  Grin
Cornpanzer

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 21:47:17 pm »

We are about 1 month away from the BIG ONE, and I was just checking in to see who is coming to all of the events this year.  Would love for everyone here on the lounge to drive my car at least once.

Wow, thats a very generous offer Darrell!!  Maybe I will fly out after all!  Cheesy

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Andi/DFL

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 21:53:48 pm »

We are about 1 month away from the BIG ONE, and I was just checking in to see who is coming to all of the events this year.  Would love for everyone here on the lounge to drive my car at least once.

Wow, thats a very generous offer Darrell!!  Maybe I will fly out after all!  Cheesy

ROFL!

El Diablo Gris

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 21:58:36 pm »

We are about 1 month away from the BIG ONE, and I was just checking in to see who is coming to all of the events this year.  Would love for everyone here on the lounge to drive my car at least once.  (Offer not valid to residents of Ohio)

Dave,  You forgot to read the fine print at the end !  Wink Cheesy Cheesy
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 22:17:12 pm »

We are about 1 month away from the BIG ONE, and I was just checking in to see who is coming to all of the events this year.  Would love to hand the pink slip to Keith as a little gift for putting my car in his fantastic magazine.
Gee thanks Darrell! Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Cornpanzer

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 22:43:40 pm »

Ha! This could go downhill very quickly

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
El Diablo Gris

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:03 am »

Since this thing has gotten out of hand, and now Keith owns my car, if I can get his permission I would like to do the following:

1 - Give everyone a chance to drive it.  Wink

2 - Weld a tow hitch to my traction bar and hook up a tram tralier to give 40 -50 people rides through the Classic all day long !  Cheesy

The lines might look like this, but please be patient.     Just as long as eveyone has fun !  Grin

Cornpanzer

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 03:14:12 am »

Perhaps you could charge for the rides.  For example anyone wanting a ride has to polish the chrome on your wheels or shine the mirrors under your car display.  Grin

Is it true that your display will look like this one?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 03:43:31 am by Cornpanzer » Logged

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
El Diablo Gris

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 13:06:02 pm »

Perhaps you could charge for the rides.  For example anyone wanting a ride has to polish the chrome on your wheels or shine the mirrors under your car display.  Grin

Dave you keep forgetting that it is powdercoat on the wheels - you can't plate mag!   You are welcome to wipe them down though!

As far as the display goes -yep, that is exactly it except I added a smoke machine this year !
Cornpanzer

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 13:16:20 pm »

Actually, I was thinking that you should build a boxing ring around your car for your Classic display.   Wink

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 14:29:57 pm »

Since this thing has gotten out of hand, and now Keith owns my car, if I can get his permission I would like to do the following:

1 - Give everyone a chance to drive it.  Wink

2 - Weld a tow hitch to my traction bar and hook up a tram tralier to give 40 -50 people rides through the Classic all day long !  Cheesy

The lines might look like this, but please be patient.     Just as long as eveyone has fun !  Grin

Mmmm, OK by me. Just don't let them smoke in it, OK? Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
Lanny Hussey

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 14:44:48 pm »

Uh Oh..that's my shop...Although I usually incorporate more robots. Look it's Buddy with his arms crossed...

El Diablo Gris

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 14:56:36 pm »

Uh Oh..that's my shop...Although I usually incorporate more robots. Look it's Buddy with his arms crossed...

That IS Buddy right there ! Cheesy   I was hoping to be in the picture too, but I was putting my space suit on at the time of the photo.  Grin
Matt H

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 14:29:40 pm »

The Golden Sahara, Dave isnt that the car you drove to prom in Grin
stealth67vw

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 14:49:15 pm »

Jim Ratto is wanting me and Sheep to come down, but we have to share his bed  Shocked Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Sarge

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 15:46:45 pm »

Jim Ratto is wanting me and Sheep to come down, but we have to share his bed  Shocked Grin

GEEZ...To Much Information Roll Eyes Grin!!  I've got a big cooler full if you guys show up...

DKP III
Cornpanzer

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 18:22:10 pm »

The Golden Sahara, Dave isnt that the car you drove to prom in Grin

Actually, the Golden Sahara (a true barris Kustom) is stored in a garage about a mile from my home.   Lips Sealed

'67 Turbo Sedan
Ultra VW Contributor
Gunter

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 18:32:38 pm »

sorry guys for the first time in many years I'd hate to say I am not coming
European BugIn absorbs all our European time here
take and post many pics

enjoy
Bill Schwimmer
DKK

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 05:12:17 am »

This will be a total thread hijack to annoy Corny,  Re:  Barris Customs  I was driving down a residential  street near where I grew up in OC.  It was by my High School & I have been down this street many ,many times in the past 30 or so years. Anyway we were driving by a guy working on a nice model A p/u roadster in his driveway & back in the garage I caught a glimpse of green. I knew exactly what it was from the color & I nearly crashed the car,my wife thought I had lost my mind. I backed up to get a better look & I was correct.  It was the Barris  Hirohata Merc. I was so excited I could'nt stand it ,but I did'nt want to bug the guy,so we continued off around the corner to our friends house. When I got there I told him what I saw & he already knew it was there ,he had been there @ a yard sale. He told me to go back & talk to him so I did.  He was totally cool ,we stood & talked in his driveway for about 2 hrs from everything to the Merc to old bicycles he had around. I had 1st read about that it still existed in Street Rodder mag. probably about the time I was riding my skateboard to school in the 70's & there it was the whole time. Oh yeah I will probably show up to the Classic.  Later Bill

" don't buy upgrades    ride up grades"
    Eddy Merckx
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: