The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 14:43:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Spare parts engine, I need cam and parts advice..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spare parts engine, I need cam and parts advice..  (Read 1216 times)
brian e

« on: September 14, 2011, 22:31:56 pm »

Hello,
  I have a bunch of parts setting here, and I need to assemble them into something fun, but cheap.  This will be going in a late model looker, daily driver, fun car.  I have already built a 2054cc w/ a 110, stock P&P heads, and kad's.  I was hoping this one would be a little quicker, and rev a little higher.  

Here is a list of the extra parts I have.

AS21 case bored for 88's
NIB Full circle 74mm crank... or used but good CW 69mm
rebuilt stock rods
stock 35x32 043 heads, no cracks, but need a rebuild
40mm DCNF's on Berg maniflolds,...or 40mm kadrons...or 40mm IDF's
1 3/8" header w/ Single QP
treuhaft 0123 cam
Bosch 009, Treuhaft 010, or mallory dual point
empi 1.4 rockers on solid shafts
elephant feet adjusters
used 88mm's w/a strange cut around the outside edge of each piston...or used 92mm's with new rings and a quarter sized light rust spot in one cyl'.
or new 87mm slip in's

I was thinking of getting new 88's since the used ones I have are a little rough.  But if I am going to buy cyl's, I could just buy any size.  I will bore the heads, and also the case if need be, and do the full flow.  I could make it a 2054cc, but I have already done that.  

I was also looking at a set of rebuilt 40x35 heads from Brother's for $155 each, but then I would need a bigger header.  I am trying to toss it together without spending much more then new cyl's, a cam, balancing, and the head rebuild parts.  It would be fun to make it into a real screamer, but the heads will get $$$ quick.  

So what would you guys pick for a cam and cyl's for a fun quick 74x?? engine?  

I was thinking new 88's with the stock heads and a FK42 or 43, or a vz15 or vz25.  I would like to save my $$ as much as possible to build a real 78x94 this winter.

Thanks for the help,
Brian
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 22:44:12 pm by brian e » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: