The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:23:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6827 Members
Latest Member: bmwjaguare5
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Any Lounge members from New Zealand? A Finn coming down...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any Lounge members from New Zealand? A Finn coming down...  (Read 3495 times)
Broidi

« on: January 09, 2012, 19:58:11 pm »

I'll be flying into Auckland 9th of March with my girlfriend for a 2 week holiday in New Zealand. I was just wondering if there´s anybody willing to show us some VW-scene while we´re there? It´s my first time down there, so i have no clue at all what to expect  Smiley

If you´ve got a few hours to spend with a fellow Lounger, please feel free to contact me by PM or email jaakko.asikainen@hotmail.com

Bst,

Jaakko, aka Broidi

Ps. if somebody want´s to see the Finnish scene in Helsinki, just contact us like the old Texan did  Wink http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,6813.0.html
Kiwi

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 18:26:22 pm »

Let me know if you are running into radio silence. PM sent
  Cool
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 18:32:13 pm »

...if somebody want´s to see the Finnish scene in Helsinki, just contact us like the old Texan did  Wink http://cal-look.no/lounge/index.php/topic,6813.0.html

Watch out for those Finns - they'll take you into their basements with the promise of cool VWs, force you to drink black liqour and watch strange inter-garage wrestling matches, and then lock you outside in the snow! (I can't believe I went backGrin Wink Grin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 18:36:49 pm by Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW) » Logged

Broidi

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 20:52:11 pm »

Thanks Kiwi! I´ll send you some mail.

And the Old Texan is right!  Grin We will force you to drink that dangerous black stuff, make you watch some odd wrestling and lock you outside in the freezing snow! But hey! The Odd Texan wanted a round 2 and we´re waiting for a third one  Grin

But seriously, If you wanna see the dark side of Helsinki... contact us.  Wink
Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 12:55:43 pm »

I have sent your details to Phil Coyle, he wrote a book on the history of VW's in NZ and runs the Oval registry in NZ. Heart tail lights are as old as we get. I have also sent your details to Ben Doughney who is the events organiser for the Auckland VW club.
This should be an OK time as the NZ VW Nationals in Dunedin are not until May.
 Metaphorically I will try and do this for you Cool http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-yLHOuutY4hbJmm/the_blues_brothers_1980_advertising/
Eric Ellis (57HotrodVW)

Just wait, you'll see...

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 20:01:57 pm »

I have sent your details to Phil Coyle, he wrote a book on the history of VW's in NZ and runs the Oval registry in NZ. Heart tail lights are as old as we get...

If you let Phil know that Jaakko has a Split, be sure to leave out the part about it being purple... Grin

RichardinNZ

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 21:08:24 pm »

I'm in Auckland. Had a bit of a break from VWs for 4 years after I arrived but just getting into the scene here....
Will keep my ear to the ground and let you know what is going on for when you are here.

Kiwi...where are you?
Richard

Richard, Auckland, New Zealand

'58 Bug; NZ assembled
Dual Carb 36hp
Kiwi

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 07:50:52 am »

I'm in Auckland. Had a bit of a break from VWs for 4 years after I arrived but just getting into the scene here....
Will keep my ear to the ground and let you know what is going on for when you are here.

Kiwi...where are you?
Richard

Funny thing is that I'm in Finland  Cheesy I'm originally from Wellington.
Haven't really seen much of Auckland. Last time I drove there I changed into 3rd on the motorway in my '71 bay. It decided to break the gland nut washer that goes between the crank and the flywheel, the sound of the flywheel rumbling around haunts me even now. So I spent most of my time and money on my mates garage floor rebuilding it to get home.
I'm sure there is a much more exicting side to Auckland than that.
Broidi

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 20:53:52 pm »

I have sent your details to Phil Coyle, he wrote a book on the history of VW's in NZ and runs the Oval registry in NZ. Heart tail lights are as old as we get. I have also sent your details to Ben Doughney who is the events organiser for the Auckland VW club.
This should be an OK time as the NZ VW Nationals in Dunedin are not until May.
 Metaphorically I will try and do this for you Cool http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-yLHOuutY4hbJmm/the_blues_brothers_1980_advertising/

Thanks for your effort Kiwi!
Phil contacted me and we´ll figure out a plan for hitting the scene in Auckland... And thanks Richard, I´ll send my cell number via PM. Hope to see you too down there!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: