The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 00:11:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350827 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  In Da Werks
| | |-+  My 51' cal look build
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My 51' cal look build  (Read 9583 times)
51splitDLX

« on: September 11, 2012, 06:06:06 am »

My 51' cal-look project pictures from original purchase other VW's in pics r another collectors not mine so please dont ask hahhahaaa  Kiss

Also came with vert decklid with complete intact gutters not pictured

Since purchase I have located Fuch Alloys, Nardi Steering wheel with Porsche button, NOS dash mounted coffee maker, NOS webasto air deflector, dual windshield wiper squirters, glove box doors, VW logo ash tray, NOS flip down day night visor, bosh fog lights, happich mounts, fanfare horns, Rosenthal ROSES vase set, Nurburg Ring badge, RAREr St Christopher Badge, Oval shapped 100k badge, Gene Berg Locking Shifter, RLR chromoloy roll cage, Autometer Tach, Full MSD ignition, Odyssey Battery and more...

I'm doing a OLDSPEED chromoly beam and porsche pattern brakes ATM and have been really considering building an ALL DDS motor fot it !!!

ENJOY,
Kiefer

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 07:45:43 am »

Nice car – but don't forget, less is more... Wink

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
AntLockyer

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 09:04:39 am »

With the ski rack taken off I'd say that car is perfect. although I'm interested in the NOS dash mounted coffee maker  Grin

12.618 @ 104.87mph
51splitDLX

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 16:27:21 pm »

^^^ Hahhahaaaaa

AntLockyer the ski rack came off the day I got it !!!

I wish the original owner didnt keep the Bekowa ragtop rack though Sad
pancho villa

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 16:27:48 pm »

sweet
51splitDLX

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 17:51:48 pm »

Some more pics of the car b/f I started wrenching...

Here is a better shot of the interior work by Dave Lummeta bf RLR roll bar and Deist seatbelt install

Nose shot

Came with 1st series BRM repops from early 90's (SOLD) ; new rims Fuch's and repop gasburners

Orignal wheels fit terrible on 2" narrow beam NEW BEAM is 4" short chromolly by OLDSPEED

Crotch Cooler and Camburg badge b/f vent wing detailing and badge swap

and final the 51' vert deck lid pics from original ad (now installed)

enjoy,
kiefer
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 18:39:53 pm »

Nice car – but don't forget, less is more... Wink
x2

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Fritter

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 18:51:46 pm »

Very, very, very (very?) nice....but don't forget, the purpose of a true cal look car is not to put every cool doodad known to man on it, that's more of a restocal/broken rear axle type of deal.  Cheesy

Mike F.
'64 Indigo Blue sunroof Bug
51splitDLX

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 19:47:21 pm »

hahahahaha yeah I feel you hardcore looker guys in fact My last 3 rides were all dechomed on ercos and lightened to the furthest extent but this thing is going to be 100% show and go  Cool

def more reso custom than looker but thats how i got it  Cry
Lids

show me the chedder

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 22:20:41 pm »

I love your car, but i think its in the wrong forum. Tongue

Ditch those alberts and then drive as it is.

If there's enough horse shit around, there must be a pony!
Buy your ciderberry here.

http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/
draven898

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 22:24:59 pm »

coffee maker Huh

follow my instagram thecallook
richie

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 09:05:03 am »

Came with 1st series BRM repops from early 90's (SOLD) ; new rims Fuch's and repop gasburners\

Orignal wheels fit terrible on 2" narrow beam NEW BEAM is 4" short chromolly by OLDSPEED

enjoy,
kiefer

This doesnt make any sense to me,not sure wether to take you seriously or not,you say you sold the fake brms and are going to use fuch or fake gasburners Roll Eyes   why would you want to narrow the beam more?  porsche offset wheels dont need narrowed beams,unless you are trying to put a 8inch wide wheel on the front?
Car is really nice but it doesnt need a load of fake parts on it,it deserves better

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
51splitDLX

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 16:55:02 pm »

The only vintage parts I'm looking for are atm are OG pop out and a becker monza or telefunken...

Richie I sold the repop BRM's for a set of OG 4.5 x 6" deep hearts that will be restored soon unfortunately one of My 4.5's was a bit rough so I got another set more suited for a show car  Kiss

*** The repop burners I owned for another vehicle and am using them on My car until I restore the Fuch's or source and restore some OG burners but in reality I'm actually a pretty big fan of the repop burners and fake fuch's as far as fitment and quality go !!!  I have owned both versions of the repops and have never had a issue on any of My cars Wink

OLDSPEED always does My front beams and I fit it based on their recommendations ; I will post pics of beam fully detailed b/f installation

Beam is not chopped vw up parts its chromoloy made from scratch and has shock towers !!!

I am also looking for star cut street weight Porshe pattern ercos but have strayed away from them bc of front disc brake fittment issues in the past Huh

bless up,
kiefer

richie

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 17:56:53 pm »

Ok but still dont understand why you would fit a narrowed beam with 4.5 fuch wheels? they sit to far in with a stock beam due to the porsche offset,each to there own I guess Smiley

The only chromoly beam I have come across was already on a car I was working on and was a terrible fit,the imperial tube was slightly smaller diameter than the factory vw metric tubing,so the steering box was not tight on the beam,they had wrapped tape around the beam to take up the space,absolutley shocking Shocked 

cheers richie

Cars are supposed to be driven, not just talked about!!!   

Good parts might be expensive but good advice is priceless Wink
pancho villa

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 05:37:26 am »

Dave is the man his work speaks volumes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: