The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 14:36:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  Rockabilly?? saturdaynight @ EBI ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rockabilly?? saturdaynight @ EBI ...  (Read 4644 times)
wolfswest

« on: July 02, 2007, 20:39:06 pm »

Saturdaynight @ ebi around 3:30u I hung around a t1 bus with some great music.  Now I've been looking a long time for music like this but I can't really find the exact type of music...  If I search on rockabilly I find some music that's gettin' close but it isn't that what I'm looking for.  Maybe some of you guys can help me out with giving me some tips with names of songs or bands that were played @ ebi.
Thanks,

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Sarge

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 19:18:32 pm »

If it's Rockabilly your after, try Lee Rocker (formerly with the Stray Cats).  The Best of Lee Rocker is a good place to start.  At The Grand National Roadster Show this year in Pomona, the rat rod folks had there own exhibition hall (The Suede Palace) and there was a great Rockabilly band from Sweden that put on a hell of a show (maybe someone from Sweden will chime in here).   Cool

DKP III
Rick Meredith
DKK

We can't force ya to have fun

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:59:02 am »

If you're looking for Rockabilly, look at http://www.gollygeerecords.com/

They're having a sale right now too... all cds $5.99 us.

Rick

67 Beetle - The Deuce Roadster of Cal Look
stealth67vw

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 04:46:13 am »

This guy is a music and comic genius. Not really rockabilly but it is psychobilly, a cross between Johnny Cash, Bocephus the Misfits and a vampire.

http://www.unknownhinson.com/

http://youtube.com/results?search=related&search_query=unknown%20hinson%20troubador%20party%20liquor%20womerns%20cheeseburger%20lac&v=4LJf9fYM8-s

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
sonomaleducata

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 09:39:58 am »

Saturdaynight @ ebi around 3:30u I hung around a t1 bus with some great music.  Now I've been looking a long time for music like this but I can't really find the exact type of music...  If I search on rockabilly I find some music that's gettin' close but it isn't that what I'm looking for.  Maybe some of you guys can help me out with giving me some tips with names of songs or bands that were played @ ebi.
Thanks,

Dem
..hi!!! I'm the girl of the band which organized the bus party!! Dj play surf garage roots beat..if you wanna I can send you some good music!!!
Did you enjoy the party? Remember us  Wink  Grin

alex d

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 10:44:14 am »

I vaguely remember being awaken by the buzzcocks very late at night  Grin
Luftkraft

You know Gil Gonzales?

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:54:59 am »

yeah you guys rocked! the best music on the whole site all weekend long  Cool

Thanks,

Dem
..hi!!! I'm the girl of the band which organized the bus party!! Dj play surf garage roots beat..if you wanna I can send you some good music!!!
Did you enjoy the party? Remember us  Wink  Grin

LUFTKRAFT Hopped-Up Vee Dubs since 1998
LOWTECH Traditional Hot Rods and Customs Online

...because stock sucks.
wolfswest

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 20:49:31 pm »

@ sonomaleducata,

I send you a pm!

Dem

the music rocked!

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: