The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 17:01:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350874 Posts in 28608 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Open and closing stand offs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Open and closing stand offs  (Read 16692 times)
Wayne C

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 20:44:22 pm »

Funky

Just close it slowly the first time with tape on the paint edges when fitting.  Wink

and if it does slightly catch- lock your decklid each time to stop others banging it.

Good advice cheers H.  Cool
Jim M

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 20:58:05 pm »

Pictures???  Thx

Porters Precision
Wayne C

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 21:00:37 pm »

Pictures???  Thx

Give me chance mate! I only ordered then 15 minutes ago Cheesy I know the Swiss are efficient but not that good!

The pics online don't really show much.

TomJ

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 21:29:48 pm »

Pictures???  Thx

Give me chance mate! I only ordered then 15 minutes ago Cheesy I know the Swiss are efficient but not that good!

The pics online don't really show much.

Hi Wayne, I have a set of these on their way from the Cagero team. Did you fit yours and have you got any pics or tips?

Cheers

Tom
RIP356

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 22:24:16 pm »

I would be interested in seeing some pics of these as well
Dave
Deanodynosaurs

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 00:26:17 am »

I don't think these things actually exist!!

This thread is 2 pages long and has been running for a year and STILL nobody can post a picture of em!!  Roll Eyes Grin

Dude  Cool

TomJ

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 07:49:17 am »

I don't think these things actually exist!!

This thread is 2 pages long and has been running for a year and STILL nobody can post a picture of em!!  Roll Eyes Grin

Dude  Cool

Couldn't agree more! Mine should be here in the next week or so depending on Swiss and UAE postal performance. I will definitely post some pics when I get them installed! Smiley

Cheers

Tom
Wayne C

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2014, 07:50:13 am »

Sorry missed the reply. Here's a few photos. Been on my bug for nearly a year now. Easy to fit. Work really well. When closed look like a standard engine lid. When open looks like a stand off lid.

Not exactly super exciting. And also if you follow the guidance in the thread you'll find the online store that sells them.
TomJ

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 08:06:38 am »

Thanks Wayne! Smiley
Wayne C

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2014, 08:12:52 am »

Sorry for the delay mate. I don't really come on here very often so the notification must have got lost amoungst my emails and missed it. They took me about a hour or so to fit. Took longer to tweak them than it did to fit them. Cover everything in masking tape! As you can see I banged the paint knocking the pin out of the old hindge. All repainted and cool now but I was mega pissed off at the time.
TomJ

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 18:05:33 pm »

They have arrived, thanks Cagero team. Time to translate the swiss instructions to english, ha ha..

I will try and get down to the basement this week and fit them! Smiley

Cheers

Tom

axam48ida

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 03:11:40 am »

I am interested
How much in us dollars?
how did you contact them. everything I found is in swiss.

old bugs never die, they just get faster!!!
TomJ

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 08:55:30 am »

I am interested
How much in us dollars?
how did you contact them. everything I found is in swiss.

Axam, they are 299 swiss francs ($334 USD).. not cheap but on first looks they extremely well made, engineered an all steel construction.

The ambient temps here are in the 40's now and I need all the fresh air I can get onto the motor, if these give you the ability to move easily between open or closed I'm happy!

Drop Gery an email at Cagero, extremely helpful.

Gerhard Gysi 
g.gysi@cagero.com
Cagero AG
Tel: 056/444 90 11 Fax: 056/444 90 91
www.cagero.com

good luck

Tom Smiley
V.Meslet

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 15:12:53 pm »

I've ordered the kit by phone, very easy process, now it's on the way.
Looking forward to see how it fits.
I had standoff decklid by the past and was blaming the "long" process to get back to the standard decklid. Hope that this kit will answer my needs.

I'll post here the fitting process if you feel that might be of some interest

Cheers

Vincent

Vincent Meslet
TomJ

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2014, 21:37:46 pm »

Fitted them today.

First checked the fitment on engine bay brackets..

Then after a few hours of soaking hinge pins removed and installed Romec ones..

Checked hinges in open and closed modes..

fitted to car and aligned in closed mode..

now the fun bit... when moved to the standoff position the decklid slightly fouls the bottom of the air vents when you open and close the decklid, only overcome by pressing the decklid, not the end of the world and just need to make sure its only me who opens the lid.

another little job done today was an air duct up into the oil cooler location, as the car has been converted to IRS the Porsche 964 oil cooler doesn't have the greatest position. The fan does it's job when the car is stationary but when moving I think it's in dead air. hopefully this coupled with the decklid standoff will give it some more hope of coping with poor fuel and ambient temps in the 40's.. a bit of aluminum and some u brackets around the torsion tube, be interesting to see if it works.

Cheers

Tom Smiley
gibber!

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2014, 22:54:01 pm »

Maybe it's just me being stupid, but I really don't get how these hinges work!?!
Is there any chance of a video?

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

1967 1500 Beetle
1970 Karmann Ghia

SSVWC member
TomJ

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2014, 10:33:08 am »

Maybe it's just me being stupid, but I really don't get how these hinges work!?!
Is there any chance of a video?

Gibber, without posting a video the brackets work by being a 2 piece unit which slides between open and closed decklid position.

They are kept in position by a retaining clip, you slide it off and then the hinge becomes slidable between the 2 modes.

normal decklid position the bracket is fully compressed and clip stops outer piece from sliding open. Yellow arrow shows retaining clip.

to fully open decklid you remove clips, slide the brackets into their fully open position, then put the clips back on to the lock the bracket. It is recommended to do the clip removal and bracket movement with the decklid in the horizontal to the ground position (bolted to car!!). I found just resting the decklid on my head while kneeling on the ground worked for me.

Picture below shows bracket in fully open position, red arrow is the sliding part of the bracket. Yellow is the clip placed back in position.

The next pic shows the bracket fixed to the car and the red arrow highlights the sliding part.

I hope this explains....

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: