The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 13:44:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
351094 Posts in 28640 Topics by 6846 Members
Latest Member: JamesBoyd
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Facet red top question.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Facet red top question.  (Read 1660 times)
steve_pugh

« on: January 07, 2014, 15:44:08 pm »

I have been used to using Facet fuel pumps for a while now and had a cube on for ages, then borrowed a Silvertop from Russ (Thank you) for a while and then bought an unused Red top from here.

The previous pumps all started up and made their clicky noise as expected.
But the Red top appears to work differently. It'll start up and click quickly (2/3 times a sec) and after a few seconds, will slow to a much slower click. Just over 1 click per sec.

Is this normal or is it busted? Logically it seems right as it's pumping harder to prime then steadys off but considering my others didn't do this I'm baffled.
I need to get a regulator guage to see what it's putting out to see if it's correct, but wondered if anyone else out there using them could shed any light?

thanks.

Steve.

Shane Noone

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 16:50:19 pm »

Hi Steve,

Pretty sure my Facet Interrupter is a red top also. What you describe sounds right to me. The pump is a lot noisier at first as it primes the lines / regulator etc then quietens down when the fuel is all where it should be.

I also used several cubes over the years so know what you mean about the difference.

Shane.

steve_pugh

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 17:07:12 pm »

Hi Steve,

Pretty sure my Facet Interrupter is a red top also. What you describe sounds right to me. The pump is a lot noisier at first as it primes the lines / regulator etc then quietens down when the fuel is all where it should be.

I also used several cubes over the years so know what you mean about the difference.

Shane.

yeah it's weird.   They all are noisy to start with as they are dry I guess. Then quiet up when they get fuel in them. But it's the speed that it pumps that changes dramatically that confuses me.   Even the Silver top which is the same shape (Can style) kept the same speed throughout.   Perhaps it's because it's a bigger pump?  it doesn't need to go mental all the time?   less pumps for the same flow?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: