The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 18:30:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350687 Posts in 28576 Topics by 6822 Members
Latest Member: tpb_karl
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  push rod question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: push rod question  (Read 2823 times)
baz

« on: November 20, 2014, 19:50:50 pm »

Hi I'm looking for some advice on which push rods to run on my 2276 street motor. I'm leaning towards using aluminium dual tapered rods as I've read they are quieter than cm. There is quite a price difference between the 2 brands I've been looking at so I'm hoping by posting here I'll get some good advice from folk who are using them.

I will prevail.
Martin S.

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 23:12:34 pm »

I've been running the HD al pushrods from ACNet, the non tapered cheaper ones on my 2332 turbo with huge lift and big valves. My engine builder had nothing but good things to say about these pushrods as he hates valve train noise and was really happy I bought them for the build. He explained that the reason these are better is because they are ground straight. If the pushrod is even slightly out, over time it will fail and the grinding makes sure they are straight to start with. The engine has a few thousand miles on it over the last 3 seasons and has needed very little valve adjustment too. http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Heavy-Duty-Aluminum-Pushrods-Custom-Length-p/acnhdalprcut.htm

Cal Look white 68 Bug with AJ Sims EFI Turbo 2332. 194hp 240tq @ 5500 rpm 3psi boost.
cedric

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:19:06 am »

I run GB cm ,never problems
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 07:15:44 am »

I've been running the HD al pushrods from ACNet, the non tapered cheaper ones on my 2332 turbo with huge lift and big valves. My engine builder had nothing but good things to say about these pushrods as he hates valve train noise and was really happy I bought them for the build. He explained that the reason these are better is because they are ground straight. If the pushrod is even slightly out, over time it will fail and the grinding makes sure they are straight to start with. The engine has a few thousand miles on it over the last 3 seasons and has needed very little valve adjustment too. http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Heavy-Duty-Aluminum-Pushrods-Custom-Length-p/acnhdalprcut.htm

That is really interesting! What spring pressure? Those pushrods are soft and I thought they would bend like a banana due to back pressure. Especially when you launch on anti lag or hit the rev limiter.

I use dual tapered JPM pushrods and have nothing but positive feedback. I will never go back to chromolly again.

-BB-

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
andy198712

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 17:02:44 pm »

i brought some alu pushrods from stateside tuning in the UK, i believe they are smith brothers items, i haven't run them yet but the quality is amazing! beautifully finished tips! (i had bug pack ones and they were horrendous in comparison)
dive!dive!

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 19:59:26 pm »

i brought some alu pushrods from stateside tuning in the UK, i believe they are smith brothers items, i haven't run them yet but the quality is amazing! beautifully finished tips! (i had bug pack ones and they were horrendous in comparison)

Same as the ACN ones and yes they are very good indeed.....no need for CM...
baz

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 23:44:19 pm »

Thanks for the replies. The ac net straight rods as above sound like they'll fit the bill perfect, if they hold up to big turbo motors and 8+k they'll be more than enough for my 2276.
I wasn't aware stateside have them so thanks for the heads up.

I will prevail.
andy198712

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 03:40:35 am »

Yeah Jim sorted me out with those, cb lightweight lifters and stateside new single springs that'll run with my 86b cam....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: