The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:22:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350832 Posts in 28603 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Cal-look
| | |-+  Looks like shakey may be going
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looks like shakey may be going  (Read 4039 times)
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« on: November 28, 2015, 22:05:58 pm »

From facesh#t

PLANS for 400 homes on Long Marston Airfield have been given the go-ahead.

CALA Management Ltd was hoping to build the homes – along with improved access from Campden Road and a pedestrian and cycle link to The Greenway – on the corner of the former RAF airfield.

The developer has previously tried to get permission for more homes on the site, which was originally put forward as one of five options for a new settlement in Stratford District Council’s Core Strategy.

But having been rejected in favour of proposals to build on land at Gaydon/Lighthorne Heath (GLH), it was put back into the key planning document after the authority was advised to increase its overall housing total from 11,300 homes to 14,480.

The latest application had been recommended for approval by officers despite objections from neighbouring parish councils.

And on Thursday (November 26), a special planning committee – made up of ten members from the authority’s west and east committees – gave their backing to the scheme.

The homes will now be the first to be built on what could eventually become a 3,500-home settlement.

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
leec

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 22:42:58 pm »

I have had many great times at Shakey, a real shame.
pq

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:13 am »

The first time I seen drag racing was in 95 at shakey. I hope I get chance to run there now I have a car.
jamiep_jamiep

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 10:21:12 am »

Had some of the best times of my VW life at Shakey and am absolutely gutted it's going Sad

RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 12:53:03 pm »

The 2016 calendar looks unaffected.

Anyone wanting one last ride should visit next year and give the place a decent send-off. It'll possibly be your last chance

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
whirligig

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 22:34:23 pm »

been racing one way or another at Long Marston/Avonpark/Shakey since 79 and was hoping to go there till they stick me in a box. So lets make it a very good year, the beep will be painted (was going to try and get in the Volksworld show but its the same weekend as the first Gamblers---no contest!) and my Pro ET Austin will make it to the Hot Rod Drags. Now we just need to find a new venue as its a ball ache to go to pod and we don't like it and whats going to happen if they have the monopoly, think about it.

old school racer-getting older-now crew chief
RUSS74GHIA

VWSP163

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 12:48:57 pm »

been racing one way or another at Long Marston/Avonpark/Shakey since 79 and was hoping to go there till they stick me in a box. So lets make it a very good year, the beep will be painted (was going to try and get in the Volksworld show but its the same weekend as the first Gamblers---no contest!) and my Pro ET Austin will make it to the Hot Rod Drags. Now we just need to find a new venue as its a ball ache to go to pod and we don't like it and whats going to happen if they have the monopoly, think about it.

Will be a shame if we don't see you again there Dave.

I know you guys have tried the Pod and aren't really fans of Big Bang/Bug Jam, but the other MSA Sportsman events: Easter, Summer Nationals & National Finals are worth a look.

OK, own up, who edited my sig?
Rob E

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 17:56:56 pm »

dont panic just yet cal-look fans, I live half a mile from the track.  if you look on the council planning site- https://apps.stratford.gov.uk/eplanning/AppDetail.aspx?appkey=NGZGBXPM0B400 and click associated documents, under plans it shows you the scheme and the raceway is not within the red line site boundary....... happy Friday!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: