The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 15:19:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350869 Posts in 28606 Topics by 6828 Members
Latest Member: GSW Racing
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Tyre kicking
| |-+  Off Topic
| | |-+  what beer do you prefer in Europe? And can we get it here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: what beer do you prefer in Europe? And can we get it here?  (Read 16595 times)
Jim Ratto

« on: October 10, 2007, 03:15:43 am »

What do you guys like over in Europe?
javabug

WHAT'S UP WID DA BOOM BOOM???

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 03:28:45 am »

Hmmm Budweiser is an import over in Europe...maybe exotic?

Mike H.

Sven was right.
Berger

www.bugrent.no

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:51:51 am »

Carlsberg Export  Smiley

Min. 5% alc.  Grin

This is my simple religion:
-Be cool
-Don't be an asshole
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:45:44 am »

When me and my girl did the Route 66 trip two years ago I tried to taste different beers but had a hard time finding any that actually tasted good - or tasted anything at all for that matter. But that was until we met The Burnout King and he introduced Coors Light. Not as much taste as many of our European beers but fresh and with a caracter. Best part with it is that you can drink 3+ without having to run to the toilet like you have to do with most light beers.

YES, there is lot`s of better tasting beers out there but for me a good beer is a beer that I want to try again - Coors light is one of those beers. Unfortunately Coors is not available over here.

BB

10.41 - 100ci - 1641ccm - 400hp
wolfswest

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 09:43:03 am »

I suggest you try some of the heavy beers:

Westmalle Tripel
Orval

If you want to go exclusive:  Westfvleteren  (Belgiums know, it's even hard to get one of these overhere)

Or a local beer, it's brewed in the village right next to me: Sinpalsken blond.

If you come to EBI II i can supply some...  Grin

Dem

JPS NACIONAL kameraderie - HDB Syndicate.
WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 10:06:59 am »

When me and my girl did the Route 66 trip two years ago I tried to taste different beers but had a hard time finding any that actually tasted good - or tasted anything at all for that matter. But that was until we met The Burnout King and he introduced Coors Light. Not as much taste as many of our European beers but fresh and with a caracter. Best part with it is that you can drink 3+ without having to run to the toilet like you have to do with most light beers.

YES, there is lot`s of better tasting beers out there but for me a good beer is a beer that I want to try again - Coors light is one of those beers. Unfortunately Coors is not available over here.

BB

Here in the States Coors Light is considered Trailor Trash beer. It's one step above drinkin your own pee. Tongue Cheesy

WARNING! BE PREPARED FOR A ROLLING BLACKOUT.

West Coast Blitz... "Motha Sucka!"

You may have some Swag, but I OWN da Swagoo!!

This right here is my 'lil Nazi-killa!
roland

lates are the new splits...

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:42 am »

Chimay!  Grin

Glitter don't make you faster.
Russell

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 10:38:14 am »

Tennants Scottish Lager

Best Regards

Russell
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 11:01:05 am »

BB

Here in the States Coors Light is considered Trailor Trash beer. It's one step above drinkin your own pee. Tongue Cheesy

Yeah - and it`s still better than most other "beers" you have over there  Cheesy

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 11:14:03 am »

Tennants Scottish Lager
Ahhh... tramp juice.

WCB Hitler's Hot Rod

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 11:19:05 am »

BB

Yeah - and it`s still better than most other "beers" you have over there  Cheesy
Yep...we do have a good selection of beer for the homeless.

Fastbrit

Keep smiling...

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 12:37:56 pm »

Tennants Scottish Lager
Ahhh... tramp juice.
Classic! Grin

Der Kleiner Panzers VW Club    
12.56sec street-driven Cal Looker in 1995
9.87sec No Mercy race car in 1994
Seems like a lifetime ago...
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 14:09:06 pm »

Hmmm Budweiser is an import over in Europe...maybe exotic?
bud beer is too lighter for us it's look like water  Grin
for me it's  biere du chateau brune / brown kasteel beer 11°
hey russell what do you think about the one i gave you at bug in

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
louisb

Runs with Scissors

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 14:13:44 pm »

That looks like a good beer. mmm, beer.

--louis

Louis Brooks

The Beatings Will Continue Until Moral Improves!
benssp

www.callookvw.com

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 15:26:42 pm »

just loaded the fridge with Carlsberg ready for the weekends rugby Grin

Beer of choice is Duvel for me, prefereably ice cold and in the main square in Antwerp Grin

www.vwheritage.com  My Job
www.bernardnewbury.co.uk My Team
any work related enquiries to ben@vwheritage.com PM's about work will not be answered Cheesy

Bitburg Motor Boat Club Founder Member

YMCA
stealth67vw

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 16:00:23 pm »

BB

Next time your in the States, try some of the fine microbrews from Oregon, some are even available in Europe. Dead Guy Ale from Rogue Ales although not the best beer Oregon has to offer, it is usually heavily exported to Europe. Oregon has the heaviest concentration of craft breweries in the in US, close to 400 breweries. Coors light is low alcohol piss beer, it's yellow and fizzy. Muffler Mike says he drinks it because he can drink a lot of it and still be "sociable", in other words....sober. 

John Bates
JB Machining Services
1967 street bug 2020lbs w/driver
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 16:32:27 pm »

In the 90's I grew very fond of some European beers that were (some still are) very common in the US, well, at least in CA. Watney's cream stout was my favorite, but haven't found it ANYWHERE in last 10+ years. Bass Ale, Boddington's, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (hi Sarge  Grin), Winter Welcome, Taddy Porter, and a beer from Germany....forget the name (haven't seen it in years too  Angry)...has a monk drinking from a stein on the label....mmmmm good stuff. Bates is right, if you do some checking around, and not settle for the excuse for beer (Coors, Bud, Miller....yick) you can get most places, you can find some excellent beers at least in CA and Oregon... Boonville Beer (Anderson Valley Brewing), Mendocino Brewing (Red Tail Ale and Eye of the Hawk), Lost Coast Brewing (Downtown Brown), Humboldt Brewing (Red Nectar), plus many many more. The few I've listed here are my staples... aside from Newcastle (which my wife preferred....until a few weeks ago, when we found out we'll be parents next year) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
speedwell

the archivist

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 17:55:35 pm »

i know it's the third time i said this Grin , but near to my town there's a tavern with 1200 beers (worlwide taste)
http://www.vaudree.be/bieres.htm sorry it's a belgium web site in french

http://speedwell55.skynetblogs.be/
oldspeed 61 standard empi/speedwell
Dirk / DFL

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 19:03:35 pm »

I like german beer. Becks is my favorite, Becks Gold in summer, also Mexican like Corona.

But if i come from gym (only for my helth;-) i like a Weizenbeer.

Anybody know Franziskaner Weizen?
Jim Ratto

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 19:04:42 pm »

I like german beer. Becks is my favorite, Becks Gold in summer, also Mexican like Corona.

that's the monk beer, right?
j-f

Jean-François

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 19:14:26 pm »

Mhhh beer  Grin

My favourite Belgian's beer are;

Maredsous, with some cheese of the same brand.
La Chouffe. Brewed not far from where I live. Quite Hard but excellent.
Orval is nice also, but don't drink the bottom. The yeast stay in the bottom and should cause you some disagrements  Roll Eyes
Cold White Hoegarden when it's hot time.
There is too much good beer to list them here.

In England, I like Guiness.
In Germany, I just taste Bitburger.
In Spain, San miguel.
In France, Nothing...  Grin
BeetleBug

Snabba grabben...

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 19:29:04 pm »

"Next time your in the States, try some of the fine microbrews from Oregon, some are even available in Europe. Dead Guy Ale from Rogue Ales although not the best beer Oregon has to offer, it is usually heavily exported to Europe. Oregon has the heaviest concentration of craft breweries in the in US, close to 400 breweries. Coors light is low alcohol piss beer, it's yellow and fizzy. Muffler Mike says he drinks it because he can drink a lot of it and still be "sociable", in other words....sober." 

Thanks for the tip, will follow up on that. I didn`t care about the low alcohol gehalt since I was driving anyway. Microbreweries and local beers is sure interesting and I wish I had time for a little more beer drinking while I was over. I had to cross three states before I found a bar that would serve me more than three small beers and my girl had to wait to Las Vegas before she got a decent bottle of white wine.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 19:35:27 pm by BeetleBug » Logged

duckmoth
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 19:37:23 pm »

In the 90's I grew very fond of some European beers that were (some still are) very common in the US, well, at least in CA. Watney's cream stout was my favorite, but haven't found it ANYWHERE in last 10+ years. Bass Ale, Boddington's, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (hi Sarge  Grin), Winter Welcome, Taddy Porter, and a beer from Germany....forget the name (haven't seen it in years too  Angry)...has a monk drinking from a stein on the label....mmmmm good stuff. Bates is right, if you do some checking around, and not settle for the excuse for beer (Coors, Bud, Miller....yick) you can get most places, you can find some excellent beers at least in CA and Oregon... Boonville Beer (Anderson Valley Brewing), Mendocino Brewing (Red Tail Ale and Eye of the Hawk), Lost Coast Brewing (Downtown Brown), Humboldt Brewing (Red Nectar), plus many many more. The few I've listed here are my staples... aside from Newcastle (which my wife preferred....until a few weeks ago, when we found out we'll be parents next year) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Jims bringin a little jim into this world look out!!!! The world of vw is gonna change : Shocked Shocked
Lee.C

I might be an Idiot but I'm not an Arsehole!

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 21:47:02 pm »

I have to agree with Ben - Duval it is  Smiley

You either "Get It" or you don't......
lowfastbus

WUNDERWAFFE

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 21:53:41 pm »

Duvel or Vedett beer, both belgian beers brew by Moortgat

http://dragvws.skynetblogs.be
WUNDERWAFFE
The Knuckle Buster
Rocket Ron

It's old school for a reason

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 22:43:22 pm »

Tennants Scottish Lager

the're still making that ? Grin

my dad used to drink that back in the 70's complete with pictures of half naked women printed on the cans  Cool

how about stella or wife beater as its more commonly known

how's it go : stellas a bitch but she'll give you good head in the morning Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 22:54:01 pm by rocket ron » Logged

13.12 @ 101.84

Grooving out on life

You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter
stealth67vw

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 02:50:41 am »

The few I've listed here are my staples... aside from Newcastle (which my wife preferred....until a few weeks ago, when we found out we'll be parents next year) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Oh boy, another Ratto in this world. Roll Eyes Congratulations Jim  Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Jim Ratto

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 03:02:23 am »

The few I've listed here are my staples... aside from Newcastle (which my wife preferred....until a few weeks ago, when we found out we'll be parents next year) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Oh boy, another Ratto in this world. Roll Eyes Congratulations Jim  Grin

thanks pal,

stealth67vw

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2007, 05:06:20 am »

For the record, I have never met Mary Ann, so I could not have impregnified her.  Shocked You and sheep know how strong my swimmers are Grin

John Bates
JB Machining Services
12.34 @ 108 mph 1/4
7.76 @ 89mph 1/8
Dirk / DFL

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2007, 07:21:41 am »

that's the monk beer, right?

Ähh, yes, monk beer.
It is not filtered, made from wheet.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: