The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 16:49:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350646 Posts in 28563 Topics by 6811 Members
Latest Member: Bren
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Technical stuff
| | |-+  Cable pull throttle linkages..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cable pull throttle linkages..  (Read 3473 times)
JLaw

« on: February 07, 2018, 23:37:25 pm »

I would like a cable pull linkage like what Johannes uses on his red beetle. Does anyone make something similar?
Iryanu

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:19 am »

Sync Link you mean?

https://www.limebug.com/product/view/2128/sync-link-throttle-linkage-ida-idf-delortto

JLaw

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:59:42 am »

Not quite, it's a centre pull I really like the design. Not sure how to post pics on this forum, maybe this will work?
https://goo.gl/images/qGuRwV
UltraOrange67-2443

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 10:23:04 am »

http://logmech.se/eng/products/carburator/throttlecontrol-cable-kits/

1967 1200 2920cc EFI
Tobias Bylund

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 20:02:59 pm »

It doesnt really look like the logmech one either, i am in the same situation as well and searching for a better/cleaner solution than hexbar, i like the look of the JPM one, but i have a sneaking suspicion that it is custom made for his own roller throttle bodies. It is not available on his site and i think it would be very expensive...

I am going back and forth between a berg one for the classic look, or the CSP  center pull for a cleaner look, as both have excellent operation from what i gather

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Iryanu

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 11:36:21 am »

I had a CSP centre pull on one of my old mag case engines and it was fantastic to setup and keep in balance, looked nice and clean too. It wouldn't fit on my CB aluminum crank case, the stud was too short, and the casting in that area differed from the vw mag case, when I offered it up it was all wrong. Could have got the dremel out and put a longer stud in (fnarr) but had the hex to hand anyway so went with that.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. Your mileage may vary!
JLaw

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 19:07:12 pm »

Thanks everyone for the input. I've ordered a logmech linkage but will probably need to modify it. I'll see how it works and report back..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: