The Cal-look Lounge
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 09:19:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Thank you for your support!
Search:     Advanced search
350828 Posts in 28601 Topics by 6826 Members
Latest Member: Kona@2528
* Home This Year's European Top 20 lists All Time European Top 20 lists Search Login Register
+  The Cal-look Lounge
|-+  Cal-look/High Performance
| |-+  Pure racing
| | |-+  JG54 vrs DAS vrs DFL vrs DKT at EBI2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: JG54 vrs DAS vrs DFL vrs DKT at EBI2  (Read 12158 times)
Russell

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 00:52:17 am »

OK Martin, if its a cal club your in.

Me Unfortunalty Im only a member of my local club NOS VW Club (North of Scotland) and we have 4 members Me, Kev D Dale Clark and Wray, you met us all at EBI, 100% turnout for our club, we do however have 47 cars between the 4 of us !

Im also a menber of the SSVC, Mexican and Brasilian Register, Vintage VW CLub and Cabrio Owners Clun and the Karmann Ghia owners club, however none of these are cal look clubs......

If i was allowed to pick a club to join it would have to be the one where i know the most members ! Im not sure we are all ready for the VW Gasser Garage Cal Look Club yet, so i am happy to sit back and watch, however if anyone wants a race at EBI2 let me know, i will be bringing Zundfolge the orange 51 cal look beetle.

Best Regards

Russell
Martin Greaves

10.88@128.58

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 00:59:31 am »

Come on Russell which one of the three are you. Grin

Do i have to post the photo. Shocked

Hahaha your killing me.........
SPEEDWELL66

VW DRAG RACING.....MEXICAN STYLE!!

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 04:08:26 am »

I WANT TO RACE TOO Grin...........THAT'S THE GOOD PART.

I LIVE IN BAJA,MEXICO Cry.................THAT'S THE SAD PART

WWW.VOLKSSTYLE.COM
JeePee/DVK

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 23:55:54 pm »

Hi Russel,You said:Must be driven.
How do you check this?

Type 1 1964 2276cc IDA with Berg-5
bugkeeper

oldskool n numetal

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 00:48:09 am »

How about just street legal registered and insured? This could include a 20 km drive to get some more of that Chimey beer  Grin
I think they do something similar in the Renn Käfer Cup?

How about Turbo engines? Allowed or not enough Cal Look?

Cheers Dom
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 00:53:53 am by bugkeeper » Logged

If you think sex is a pain in the ass, try a diffrent position...

Beauty is only skin deep, and the world is full of thin skinned people.
empicolector

EMPI RULES

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 10:33:52 am »

WAIT.... Please

I am not having a go or a dig and am not trying to exclude anyone from having fun as this was only meant to be a little inter club fun !

Firstly

Guys my suggestion was that the Cal look Clubs should have a heads up race, I know that OFF have some superb cars but i thought (please correct me if im wrong) they were a drag racing club, If a member was both part of the OFF and a Cal look club it would be no problem, what i was suggesting was only for fun as we always see some of these cal look guys turn up and park up, i wanted to see them turn up and take part ! i.e RACE. and we all know that the OFF Take part BIG Time.

Secondly

It has been suggested that my proposal fro rules were too strict and upon reading this i agree: maybe we should set these as the minimum rules
1.) Must be a registered cal look car belonging to a european cal look club like DAS, DFL, DBS, JG54, etc.
2.) Must run with muffler and fan belt on
3.) Can run tires of choice (in germany DOT-legal tires are illegal, but in GB for example those are legal as far as I know so i think it would be fair to just let the driver decide if he wants to run on slicks, street radial or whatever)

that sound great russel
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: